Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Operation Black and Red

Old 06-13-2011, 10:18 PM   #1
F16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Crew Chief
Name: LUKE
F16TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Operation Black and Red

2011 base model
2.7L 4 banger
manual trans

wheels:
rattle can stock

Tires:
245/75r15 Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor

mods:
suspension front:
Fat Bobs 5 lug lift
Bilstein Struts

rear:
Fat Bobs AAL and extended shocks

others:
BHLM
chrome rear bumper
debadged
tinted 5% back
tinted tail lights
Magna flow Catback
bucket seat and center console swap
paint match eyelids (thank you TacomaMan)

coming soon:
still shopping for stereo equip (suggestions are much appreciated)
Tube bumper up front
Get the scoop hood I have painted and installed

my 04 that ate sh!t at 45 mph, put it in first and drove it 20 minutes home. good job little buddy. RIP

my 09 TRD sport, great truck just never used it for its intended purpose.
Old 06-14-2011, 04:48 AM   #2
Don't give up here just yet
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Good lookin' 5 lug!

Wasn't expecting to see a 5 lugger after the first 2 pics.
Old 06-14-2011, 04:52 AM   #3
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
nice 5 luger!

you drove that '04 home with it looking like that?!?!!? flat tires and all? dang son. thats awesome!!
Old 06-16-2011, 08:25 PM   #4
F16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

F16TACO's Tacoma Gallery
got my wet okoles yesterday and should hopefully have my BEEFED blocks soon. and getting my XR wheels and tires on july 5th. cant wait. will have pics up soon.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:29 PM   #5

F16TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO721 View Post
nice 5 luger!

you drove that '04 home with it looking like that?!?!!? flat tires and all? dang son. thats awesome!!
yeah put her in first and trucked it home at like 15 mph. smoking from the fan hitting the fan shroud and all kinds of nasty shit. turns out i landed so hard on the roof it twisted the frame and had to be totalled out.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:47 PM   #6

F16TACO's Tacoma Gallery
got my BEEFED blocks installed last weekend and my x-runner wheels and tires today. so i slap these babies on and hit the highway to go to work and they are vibrating like a SOB. im already almost late for work so i dont have a choice but to roll on them. turns out the dude who sold me the wheels neglected to tell me he removed the TPMS sensors and never rebalanced the wheels/tires. now i have a wierd "clack" sound from my front end when i press on my brakes. AWESOME. hope i didnt f**k something up. pics soon.
Old 07-16-2011, 12:38 PM   #7

F16TACO's Tacoma Gallery

got the rest of the drop done and XR wheels on. like the way she sits and rides right now.
Old 07-23-2011, 03:37 PM   #8

F16TACO's Tacoma Gallery
tinted out the tails this weekend.

i followed thexbusxdriver write up on tinting them and they came out great
Old 08-13-2011, 05:43 PM   #9
Hot Steppa
pinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pinktaco808's Tacoma Gallery
where the 3/4 drop
Old 08-13-2011, 06:31 PM   #10

F16TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinktaco808 View Post
where the 3/4 drop
i just wanted 2/3 for now and i like the way it sits and rides. somewhere down the line i am gonna do a 3/4 or maybe more. kinda waiting to see if any companies come out with some other gear for lowering 2nd gens.
Old 08-23-2011, 07:53 PM   #11
weazleburger has a brilliant futureweazleburger has a brilliant futureweazleburger has a brilliant futureweazleburger has a brilliant futureweazleburger has a brilliant futureweazleburger has a brilliant futureweazleburger has a brilliant futureweazleburger has a brilliant futureweazleburger has a brilliant futureweazleburger has a brilliant futureweazleburger has a brilliant future

weazleburger's Tacoma Gallery
nice!
Old 11-25-2011, 09:06 PM   #13
Self Proclaimed first gen expert :doh:
Greensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Greensystemsgo's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd, very nice.
Old 12-10-2011, 10:32 PM   #14
Manual Transmission Enthusiast
TacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
TacomaBuzz's Tacoma Gallery
Nice Build Bro, I just did yellow fog lights, time for you to get some! I like the x-runner rims too, looks super!
Old 12-15-2011, 09:40 PM   #15
Just a Taco guy, both food & truck
TheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Christopher
TheRedTac0's Tacoma Gallery
get a color matched grille shell and fog lights

MY BUILD: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/5-l...-my-build.html
Old 12-16-2011, 08:17 AM   #16

F16TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedTac0 View Post
get a color matched grille shell and fog lights
i was trying to find a place round Vegas that does decent paint so i could color match my bumper and grille. you know of anywhere? and foglights are coming soon.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:58 PM   #17
Just a Taco guy, both food & truck
TheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Christopher
TheRedTac0's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by F16TACO View Post
i was trying to find a place round Vegas that does decent paint so i could color match my bumper and grille. you know of anywhere? and foglights are coming soon.
Theres a place on the corner Valley View and Russel that does some great work (they did my grille installation) i have not asked them about paint yet, my best guess would be to go down through Industrial Rd. (near the strip) and look for Updated Auto, they did a whole body paint job on my dads lexus.

MY BUILD: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/5-l...-my-build.html
Old 12-23-2011, 04:29 PM   #18

F16TACO's Tacoma Gallery
so here is the latest on RED&BLACK

-17'' Nissan 350Z alloy wheels (like these wheels and im keeping these ones)
-Front Goodyear Eagle GT 225/50/ZR17
-Rear Goodyear Eagle GT 235/50/ZR17

-scooped hood (got a smokin deal couldnt pass it up, still need insert pieces though)

Old 12-23-2011, 06:40 PM   #19
weazleburger has a brilliant futureweazleburger has a brilliant futureweazleburger has a brilliant futureweazleburger has a brilliant futureweazleburger has a brilliant futureweazleburger has a brilliant futureweazleburger has a brilliant futureweazleburger has a brilliant futureweazleburger has a brilliant futureweazleburger has a brilliant futureweazleburger has a brilliant future

weazleburger's Tacoma Gallery
definitely looks great with the hood and grille. the tire size goes well with the drop too.
Old 12-23-2011, 09:51 PM   #20

F16TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by weazleburger View Post
definitely looks great with the hood and grille. the tire size goes well with the drop too.
thanks man. i am happy with the wheel and tire selection. and once this front end gets paint matched i think she will look awfully sexy.