Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

YFZDrag3's Black Tacoma Build

Old 06-14-2011, 04:10 PM   #1
Failure is the result of letting setbacks stop you
MedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
MedlinAround's Tacoma Gallery
YFZDrag3's Black Tacoma Build

Was YFZDrag3 but i changed my name so now its MedlinArounds Black Tacoma Build!!

I Bought the Tacoma back in November off a guy and fell in love ever since. It was a 2008 Black 4x4 TRD 4 Door with 27,000 miles on it. After having a 2000 model 4x4 Extended Cab with 180,000 miles on it and my dad having a 89 model with well over 300,000 miles, i couldn't talk myself into nothing but a Toyota. And so it Began!

Interior
Weathertech Floor Liners
5% Tinted Windows

System
2 10" Memphis SR W/ Custom Box
Legacy 600w Amp
Jensen Double Din DVD/CD Player

Wheels & Tires
Firestone Destination 275/70/17
Fuel Hostage 17"

Suspension
Bilstein 5100's on all 4's, Fronts at .85
Rear TSB
Eibach Coils

Miscellaneous
Plasti Dip Badges
Plasti Dip Grill
Plasti Dip Bumper
Locked Bed Storage Mod (Page 3)
Trimmed Mud Flaps
Black Headlight Mod
Bed Rack
Fishing Rod Holders/miscellaneous bed items (Page 3)

So it began......

Tore out the back Cargo and installed 2 Memphis 10" SR subs

Installed Jensen Double Din CD/DVD Player

Ordered some Billies! With my TSB in the Rear and some Weathertecs!

Plasti Dipped my Emblems, grill, and bumper. Painted my Skid!
Link to my Write up! http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gar...lications.html

Ordered some 275/70/17 Firestone Destination A/T

Installed Wheels and 5100's set to .85 with Eibach Coils!

Fab'd up bed rack

Never complete but getting closer!

Before Lift

After Lift!

Thanks TW!
Old 06-14-2011, 04:21 PM   #2
Dr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to behold

Name: Matt
Dr. Pepper's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good dude, plans sound good. Great choice in wheels, I love those. They look great in a 20.
Old 06-14-2011, 10:14 PM   #3
MedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks! I was under very heavy debate on which wheel to get. At first I was going to go with the ballistic jester but I couldnt find it in stock anywhere. So then I came one ace on pulling the gun on the fuel Octanes before I went this route. But I believe I am very happy with my purchase, beautiful looking wheel imo.
Old 06-14-2011, 10:39 PM   #4
Dr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by yfzdrag3 View Post
Thanks! I was under very heavy debate on which wheel to get. At first I was going to go with the ballistic jester but I couldnt find it in stock anywhere. So then I came one ace on pulling the gun on the fuel Octanes before I went this route. But I believe I am very happy with my purchase, beautiful looking wheel imo.
Well great end choice, the Jesters would have been sick too though!
Old 06-17-2011, 09:13 AM   #5

Getting ready to go pick up my ride with my new shoes on! Should get the Bilstein/Eibach lift on sometime this weekend!
Old 06-17-2011, 12:28 PM   #6

Wheels added!
Old 06-17-2011, 02:34 PM   #7

Looks good man. Real quick, why the space in between the subs?
Old 06-17-2011, 02:50 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Pepper View Post
Looks good man. Real quick, why the space in between the subs?

Haha good question. Well at first when we stuck it in it liked very very little to be able to clear. So we took it back out and thought we had it fixed! So we set it back down in there and then forgot but there is a metal piece that holds the seats down almost dead middle of the cab. After that we couldn't cut just the slit in the box to clear the metal support so we ended up having to cut the box into halfs and enclosing each of them. One box is a little longer than the other so someone told me i would get two different sounds out of the subs because they are pushing different air space but really nothing i can tell.

So basically not for any real purpose but to clear the support bracket..

P.S. Measure once, cut twice!.
Old 06-17-2011, 05:38 PM   #9

Quote:
Haha good question. Well at first when we stuck it in it liked very very little to be able to clear. So we took it back out and thought we had it fixed! So we set it back down in there and then forgot but there is a metal piece that holds the seats down almost dead middle of the cab. After that we couldn't cut just the slit in the box to clear the metal support so we ended up having to cut the box into halfs and enclosing each of them. One box is a little longer than the other so someone told me i would get two different sounds out of the subs because they are pushing different air space but really nothing i can tell.

So basically not for any real purpose but to clear the support bracket..

P.S. Measure once, cut twice!.
Haha, werd I was wondering why that is. It would look good if it was all one box. Maybe carpet the ends too!?
Old 06-17-2011, 07:12 PM   #10

I would but its behind the seat and you cant see it so I really wasn't worried about hiding it
Old 06-18-2011, 05:22 PM   #11

Got the Eibachs on with the front Billies at .85 and I have to say I absolutely love the ride. Ride is super smooth and I can tell a big difference with the little offloading I have done in it so far. I added some more pictures of the truck since installing my rims and tires also and I have to say I'm very pleased with how it's turned out!

Before the lift with my TSB done in the rear, from ground to fender I was at 34" in the front and 37" in the rear. With my new tires and lift in the front I am now 38 1/4" in the front and 39 1/4" in the rear!
Old 06-18-2011, 06:24 PM   #12

Quote:
Got the Eibachs on with the front Billies at .85 and I have to say I absolutely love the ride. Ride is super smooth and I can tell a big difference with the little offloading I have done in it so far. I added some more pictures of the truck since installing my rims and tires also and I have to say I'm very pleased with how it's turned out!

Before the lift with my TSB done in the rear, from ground to fender I was at 34" in the front and 37" in the rear. With my new tires and lift in the front I am now 38 1/4" in the front and 39 1/4" in the rear!

Looks good man! Wow, so you got about 4" from the front!? Sweettttt!!
Old 06-18-2011, 09:26 PM   #13

With the tires and everything all together I got about 4". A little over two with the lift but my stock tires were bald as can be so the other inch plus was from the new thread.
Old 06-19-2011, 09:18 AM   #14

Quote:
With the tires and everything all together I got about 4". A little over two with the lift but my stock tires were bald as can be so the other inch plus was from the new thread.
Ah, I see dude. Well awesome looks great!
Old 06-19-2011, 09:53 AM   #15

Thank you sir
Old 06-19-2011, 10:07 AM   #16
Stay thirsty my friends
BroliathTRD is a glorious beacon of lightBroliathTRD is a glorious beacon of lightBroliathTRD is a glorious beacon of lightBroliathTRD is a glorious beacon of lightBroliathTRD is a glorious beacon of light

Air Force: Fire Fighter
Name: Jake
BroliathTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Love the truck bro, thumbs up!
Old 06-19-2011, 03:23 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroliathTRD View Post
Love the truck bro, thumbs up!

Thanks, Your truck is baddd as well man. I like it.
Old 06-19-2011, 05:58 PM   #18

Just playing around with my camera app on the phone! I cant stop taking pictures of it haha.

Old 06-20-2011, 08:24 PM   #19
HTTR!
RBPTOY is just really niceRBPTOY is just really niceRBPTOY is just really niceRBPTOY is just really niceRBPTOY is just really nice

Name: Brian
RBPTOY's Tacoma Gallery
Looks sweet man! What app are you using for pics? Love the focus effect.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:27 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBPTOY View Post
Looks sweet man! What app are you using for pics? Love the focus effect.
just the regular camera app on the HTC Thunderbolt. It has quite a few effects.