1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bruiser build (07 prerunner)

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by toysrgood, Jun 19, 2011.

1. Jun 19, 2011 at 2:05 PM
    toysrgood

toysrgood [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    2011 4x4 Reg Cab
    Not many pics yet, this is a slow build and most of the big exxiting stuff wont happen for another year or so. Just starting thread to get opinions etc

Truck model:
    07 Prerunner TRD off-road doublecab Speedway Blue!

A little backstory, first saw this Gen Tacoma in 07 and immediately fell in love. If I hadn't been overseas I would have bought one then! So I finally got back stateside in September of last year and began my hunt for the swb doublecab. I originally wanted 4x4 but then didn't see myself needing it or even affording it lol. Bought the first one I saw, flawless 07 prerunner with 50k on the clock. Only thing I regret now is not getting the 4x4.

Since our pay fluctuated so much from transferring and moving and all that, I began to realize that owning my bike(07 600rr), a 1985 Mini, my truck, and my wife's 09 corolla seemed a little unrealistic so I sold the mini. I was planning on selling the truck as well and buy something (s10, hardbody etc)with the eenormous amount of cash from the mini, but my friend convinced mme to keep my reliable truck and pay off the motorcycle. And boy am I glad I did!

I had some money left over from a recent tdy, and got the itch for some mods. I started small, debadged everything and blacked out the chrome bumper. Then ordered my system and gen2 projectors.

2x 10" Alpine type R's shallow mount
    1200w alpine pdx-m12
    Mr. Marv custom enclosure
    Alpine cda-105 head unit, will probably upgrade this, it was the cheapest alpine I could find with the features I wanted, buut the iPod in seems to have stopped working.

Decided to paint the enclosure instead of carpet and I am really happy with how it turned out. I used duplicolor truck bed liner. There is a trim piece that goes over the amp with a window, but I need to get Velcro to secure it and I forgot to paint it ttoday! :O

I also painted my chrome grille and lower bumper with plastidip to see if I like it. That stuff is awesome, but I couldn't get the tape to separate properly so the edges are slightly rough. I also notice waves? Maybe from my spray pattern. I may spray another coat to smooth it out. I ordered a few cans of swb paint, but am affraid I won't be able to make it look good.

Future mods:
    Tint
    Plate bumpers (style undecided)
    Nerf bars/sliders (style undecided)
    Camburg spindles
    Dakar leaf pack
    OME coilovers set to 0 with 886? Springs for the weight
    OME's in the rear
    TRD exhaust and intake
    Satoshi grille with horn relocation and driving lights behind the mesh
    HID fogs with foglight mod
    Black 18's with 33" tires maybe. (Undecided, opinions very welcome!)
    Maybe rebadge with blacked out badges

That is all for now, let me know what you think!

uploadfromtaptalk1308516631435.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1308516700650.jpg

2. Apr 9, 2013 at 9:38 PM
    Ruckus

Ruckus Well-Known Member

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5 Debadged
    Tuff Country AAL, Bilstien 5100 w/ OME 885 BFG KO2 285/75-16,
    Nice build. Awesome sub install!

Products Discussed in