1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

longbow's build

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by longbow, Oct 12, 2008.

1. Oct 12, 2008 at 5:56 PM
    longbow

longbow [OP] I see you now..................

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Silver Mica TRD 4 Door
    Toy-tec Coil over lift, Eibach 700 lb springs, Sway bar relocate, Total Chaos UCA's, Moto metal wheels, BFG mudterrians, HID, custom 3 piece grill, Highlift jack w/custom mount, Highlift jack cover, bed matt, de-badged 100%, storage box lock mod, using defrost w/o AC mod, short antenna mod, horn re-locate, Tire Gate flat spare tire mount, engine cover painted, bed light (1) mod, wreck bar carrier, Blue Sea 5026 fuse block, center console outlet, flash light mod, Blue Sea inline fuse, Shrockworks sliders, All-Pro front bumper, Piaa 510 driving lights, Warn shackles front, Kennesaw rear bumper, "Tag Boltz" plate lights, Warn shackles rear, Warn M8000 winch, devil horns, BHLM, weathech liners front and rear.....T.W. sticker of course. Custom Sock bed decal for Michele
    I picked this up new in March of 05, it is your standard TRD Off Road 4x4.
    Except for the Undercover cover, bed matt, and floor matts, and of course H.I.D.
    [​IMG]

2. Oct 12, 2008 at 5:59 PM
    longbow

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    Toy-tec Coil over lift, Eibach 700 lb springs, Sway bar relocate, Total Chaos UCA's, Moto metal wheels, BFG mudterrians, HID, custom 3 piece grill, Highlift jack w/custom mount, Highlift jack cover, bed matt, de-badged 100%, storage box lock mod, using defrost w/o AC mod, short antenna mod, horn re-locate, Tire Gate flat spare tire mount, engine cover painted, bed light (1) mod, wreck bar carrier, Blue Sea 5026 fuse block, center console outlet, flash light mod, Blue Sea inline fuse, Shrockworks sliders, All-Pro front bumper, Piaa 510 driving lights, Warn shackles front, Kennesaw rear bumper, "Tag Boltz" plate lights, Warn shackles rear, Warn M8000 winch, devil horns, BHLM, weathech liners front and rear.....T.W. sticker of course. Custom Sock bed decal for Michele
    This is the first mod I went with after visiting here. I had to do a few things different due to the fact of the cover. But the out come was worth it. The holding bolts were welded to the bracket, so just spin the wing nuts off and you are good to go.

[​IMG]

3. Oct 12, 2008 at 6:02 PM
    longbow

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    Next came the grill, it's from Carriage Works, somewhat heavy and thick.
    I cut the inside off with a fine tooth modeling saw. Cut's were clean with little sanding.
    I put the grill in the tub and wet sanded the black areas to get the smooth finish for painting.
    [​IMG]

4. Oct 12, 2008 at 6:04 PM
    longbow

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    LIFT TIME.. I went with a Toytec lift and an AAL in the rear. I went also with Total Chois UCA's. The following pic's will show that process.
    [​IMG]

5. Oct 12, 2008 at 6:05 PM
    longbow

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
  6. Oct 12, 2008 at 6:06 PM
    longbow

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
  7. Oct 12, 2008 at 6:09 PM
    longbow

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    For wheels and rubber I went with Moto Metal 955's and BFG's MT 285's
    [​IMG]

8. Oct 12, 2008 at 6:11 PM
    longbow

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    Getting back home from the shop, new lift, wheels and tires.
    BIG difference from the first pic.
    [​IMG]

9. Oct 12, 2008 at 6:12 PM
    mrtrd103

mrtrd103 Well-Known Member

Member:
    fall river MA
    Vehicle:
    05 double cab trd sport
    TRD model, westin bull bar, westin grille, factory step and roof rack, A.R.E bed cover, head and taillight cover, gibson muffler, 3 in trialmaster lift, 265 70 17 cooper stt tires, bug deflector, window visor, 2 head rest t.v, hitch step, Xploder sub and amp, led inside,
    wow i like your set up looks real good

10. Oct 12, 2008 at 6:12 PM
    SocalMan22

SocalMan22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve-0
    So*Cal
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner Dbl Cab
    What Mods!
    Looks good man!

11. Oct 12, 2008 at 6:13 PM
    longbow

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    Now all the fun begins........:D

12. Oct 12, 2008 at 6:32 PM
    hoosiertaco

hoosiertaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    seen the truck, then get to hear the story...looks great as always. awesome man!

13. Oct 12, 2008 at 11:44 PM
    derekabraham

derekabraham Living vicariously through everybody

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Stick on hood scoop from Autozone.
    Looking good!

14. Oct 13, 2008 at 4:25 AM
    longbow

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    Like most peopel who lifted their ride I had some rubbing. I removed the front flaps, plus had to make a notch in the inner flares.
    When the flap was removed WOW that ugly line, I had some 1" pin strip in a color that matched close. So I did a contour cut on the tape and covered the lines on both sides. I also did the same thing below the door seals for some extra protection.
    [​IMG]

15. Oct 13, 2008 at 4:27 AM
    longbow

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    mudflap line before.
    [​IMG]

16. Oct 13, 2008 at 4:28 AM
    longbow

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    mudflap line after. I also filled in those ugly holes left by the push screws/x-mas trees.
    [​IMG]

17. Oct 13, 2008 at 4:34 AM
    longbow

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    Here is a pic of my new ride with the items done above. As you see the TRD sticker is still on the back quaterpanels. The rest of the emblems are GONE.
    More To Come.......
    [​IMG]

18. Oct 13, 2008 at 10:11 AM
    longbow

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    My next project, behind the grill light mod, seen it here and needed to do it. Due to my grill I could not hang them like the others. So I had to come up with something new. I wanted to center them on the grill, so with Alum. stock and oversizing some holes I came up with this.
    [​IMG]

19. Oct 13, 2008 at 10:12 AM
    longbow

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    This is what they look like installed.
    [​IMG]

20. Oct 13, 2008 at 10:15 AM
    longbow

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    Of course with lights you need switch's, but why get one when I can fill all the holes. Far left hand side is the grill lights, the center is going to be for a "military black-out light" for the bed, the one on the far right is going to be back up light. Both are in the process of being worked out now.
    [​IMG]

Products Discussed in

To Top