Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Colinb17's kinda sorta build thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-03-2013, 08:50 AM   #2081
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
hear back from john. he's gonna take a look at his clearance between the sidewall and UCA. he's running the same wheels and UCAs as me, with 2'' spacers, and 315 treadwrights.

as the treadwrights generally run large compared to other tires in the same size (due to their construction), i figure that if he's got 0.5''-0.75'' clearance or more, i should be ok.

0.5'' and less will be bad news most likely.
Old 09-03-2013, 08:53 AM   #2082
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyT88 View Post
Yeah. Higher speed stuff is when my tires hit my frame. Took me a while to figure that one out because on a lift I couldn't get the tire to touch the frame no matter how hard I tried.

At $400-$500 I'm having a hard time justifying that cost... especially since I have plans for fiberglass in the future. I need to find out if that new snorkel (its Airaid right?) Will fit onto glass with minor modifications or if another one will work better. At the moment I'd rather put that money into a 50T leaf pack or some custom alcans and shocks and hoops/bedcage to go with it.
Airflow

Matt
Old 09-03-2013, 08:55 AM   #2083
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacoFF View Post
Airflow

Matt
that ^^^

airaid is just a standard intake, like volant/afe/k&n/etc
Old 09-03-2013, 09:52 AM   #2084

hmm, tracking says my tires have been delivered already, a day early. gonna call up firestone and see if that's true, and if so, go have one test fir tonight if they have the time, and then the rest mounted if the test fit goes well.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:19 AM   #2085

Just got off the phone with firestone. Tires are in, and appointment is moved to today. They're gonna mount up my spare first for test fitment. Fingers crossed
Old 09-03-2013, 06:03 PM   #2086
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinb17 View Post
Just got off the phone with firestone. Tires are in, and appointment is moved to today. They're gonna mount up my spare first for test fitment. Fingers crossed
i think your ganna rub the UCA. Even at 4.25 BS thats a skinny wheel, so your offset isnt very low, either way good luck!
Old 09-03-2013, 06:38 PM   #2088
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyota Tech31 View Post

Eagerly awaiting the results of your trip to Firestone.

x2!! Pass the popcorn!!

Old 09-03-2013, 06:46 PM   #2090
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
i saw pictar of dude mounting them on FB, he's gotta be done now. On with the show!
This!
Old 09-03-2013, 06:52 PM   #2091
Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Toyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Toyota Tech31's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i saw pictar of dude mounting them on FB, he's gotta be done now. On with the show!
I was going to copy/paste it in here, but figure I would leave the grand unveil to Colin. They were looking pretty damn good though.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:52 PM   #2092
I love your mom!
Slimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Sergeant First Class
Name: Linwood
Slimwood Shady's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
X3
Old 09-03-2013, 06:58 PM   #2094
Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Toyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Toyota Tech31's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
indeed! I shall be back, going to make some moar
I need to go to bed but don't want to miss this. Might not be able to sleep. Damn you Colin!
Old 09-03-2013, 07:20 PM   #2098
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Needs sua!
Old 09-03-2013, 07:31 PM   #2099
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
dat shits for da birds mang. Needs links is moar like it
True Dat!
Old 09-03-2013, 08:50 PM   #2100
xweslingx has much to be proud ofxweslingx has much to be proud ofxweslingx has much to be proud ofxweslingx has much to be proud ofxweslingx has much to be proud ofxweslingx has much to be proud ofxweslingx has much to be proud ofxweslingx has much to be proud of

Name: Wes
xweslingx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
True Dat!
Links ftw!

Products Discussed in this Thread