Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Colinb17's kinda sorta build thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-30-2013, 10:49 AM   #3281
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
Dodge the father, ram the daughter
buddy in college had a similar sticker on his truck that said "if you can't dodge it, ram it". big ol' thing plastered across his rear window. he t-boned a sedan one day and the first thing he did after making sure the passenger was ok was peel the sticker off and toss it in his toolbox

i knew all about the wreck, but only heard that part of the story a couple weeks later when i found it crumpled up in there when i went for a socket set.
Old 10-30-2013, 10:50 AM   #3282
Running For Mayor of TW
richardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
richardbui23's Tacoma Gallery
Old 10-30-2013, 01:02 PM   #3283
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinb17 View Post
Who said that? This is just a wedding trip that I took a couple extra days off for.....
Nobody did, it was a question. Hence the question mark at the end of the sentence
Old 10-30-2013, 01:28 PM   #3284
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrande View Post
Nobody did, it was a question. Hence the question mark at the end of the sentence
give me a break, i don't know how to read.......just numbers
Old 11-09-2013, 03:44 PM   #3285
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
What did you use to seal around the snorkel and the fender?
Old 11-09-2013, 05:38 PM   #3286

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeene9 View Post
What did you use to seal around the snorkel and the fender?
Whatever black silicone west marine sells. 3m uv resistant something something something.......
Old 11-09-2013, 09:01 PM   #3287

getting a tan

Old 11-09-2013, 10:58 PM   #3288
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: AMT3 kodiak 60T jayhawks
Name: coby
uscg2008's Tacoma Gallery
Who's bumper are you working on?
Old 11-10-2013, 07:12 AM   #3289
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by uscg2008 View Post
Who's bumper are you working on?

Old 11-10-2013, 09:12 AM   #3290
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: AMT3 kodiak 60T jayhawks
Name: coby
uscg2008's Tacoma Gallery
I'm guessing that you will be mounting duellys in those locations? Gana look good. If I go with that bumper I would do the same thing
Old 11-10-2013, 09:17 AM   #3291

OK pods with 6 LEDs/pod. two centers are spot beam, and the two outers are fog. Check out Nick's build later for more. all i'll say is that it looks goooood. makes me want to do it to mine.
Old 11-10-2013, 10:06 AM   #3293
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyota Tech31 View Post
Those OK led pods are awesome. Love mine. I will probably be getting at least 1 more pair somewhere down the road if not a light bar.
What's their website? Looking at possibly adding one or two to the tire gate for night time camp set-up.
Old 11-11-2013, 08:08 PM   #3295

Quote:
Sooo Colin, wanna do all the trimming on my truck? Lol. Getting 35's Tuesday
I think i'm good for a while lol. but if you really want help, maybe we can work on it this weekend
Old 11-11-2013, 08:45 PM   #3296
Previously "MGMTacoFF"
CanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
CanisLupus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Haha was semi sarcastic. I can handle cutting plastic myself

Any specific places I should look for rubbing tho besides cab mount and pinch weld? Any other place it might rub frame?
I think some of the 35 guys had problems with the upper front fender well. Colin has pictures of what I'm talking about. I'll see if I can find them real quick.

EDIT - Here ya go.

Matt
Old 11-11-2013, 08:59 PM   #3297

got even more rubbing there after this weekend. had a little bit of high speed, little bit of air time, and some nice hard turns. nothing that affects things from a functional standpoint, but i'm definitely missing some more blue paint on the inner fender.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDXv_...ature=youtu.be

kase, every truck is different, but you'll want to trim the fenders, destroy the cab mount, and hammer the hell out of the pinch weld and most of the inner fender (especially around the pinch area)
Old 11-11-2013, 09:11 PM   #3298

you can always get glass later on. of the three things needed to fit 35s (trim cab mount, trim fenders, hammer inner wells), trimming the fender requires the least effort. so I wouldn't want to pay $600 right away just to solve the easiest of the 3 clearance issues.
Old 11-12-2013, 11:23 AM   #3299

one of the last things i ever would have thought you'd break/wear out, wheeling....

destroyed a set of toytec cast zinc shims. pictured next to a set of machined steel ones from Mark. steel ones are not installed yet because it turns out the centering pin i am using is too large for the hole in the new shims. just gotta drill out the new ones real quick and i'll be good to go.

Old 11-12-2013, 11:29 AM   #3300
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Where did you get the new ubolts from?

Products Discussed in this Thread