Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Colinb17's kinda sorta build thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-25-2013, 09:02 AM   #3281
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyT88 View Post
Yeah, I figured yours probably have pretty good clearance after I saw that axle

Yeah that trailer is way too tall... and doesn't look like it has any room for up travel so I wonder how the droop is.
about 5 inches of compression once loaded with the average gear for a wheeling trip. maybe 6-7 inches of compression when empty.

as for the drop, right now, the shocks limit drop to about somewhere in the 10 inch to 1 foot range from ride height. it'll be a different story when coilovers come around though......

Old 10-25-2013, 09:07 AM   #3282
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinb17 View Post
about 5 inches of compression once loaded with the average gear for a wheeling trip. maybe 6-7 inches of compression when empty.

as for the drop, right now, the shocks limit drop to about somewhere in the 10 inch to 1 foot range from ride height. it'll be a different story when coilovers come around though......

I didn't mean yours. I've seen your pics of wheeling with the trailer I meant the one in the for sale thread.
Old 10-25-2013, 09:09 AM   #3283
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardbui23 View Post
i was gonna say you can just use my old axle but then i remembered im giving that away already lol taco axle onle trailer lol
a lot of the land rover guys i wheel with have rover axles on their trailers. the take the axle and tub, and just build a new frame to fit it. that way all the have to do is weld on a couple tabs, and they already have the links/springs/shocks in place. they shave the diffs too. makes for a string/easy/and high clearance axle, already sit up with brakes and the right bolt pattern. bolt pattern is the big win for them, because they use some silly pattern that aparantly only them and a handfull of BMWs use. so not realyl any options for a standard trailer hub
Old 10-25-2013, 09:10 AM   #3284

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyT88 View Post
I didn't mean yours. I've seen your pics of wheeling with the trailer I meant the one in the for sale thread.
ah, gotcha. yeah, i feel like people really neglect the suspension component when they build these offroad trailers. Jason being the exception.
Old 10-25-2013, 09:21 AM   #3285
Running For Mayor of TW
richardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
richardbui23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

a lot of the land rover guys i wheel with have rover axles on their trailers. the take the axle and tub, and just build a new frame to fit it. that way all the have to do is weld on a couple tabs, and they already have the links/springs/shocks in place. they shave the diffs too. makes for a string/easy/and high clearance axle, already sit up with brakes and the right bolt pattern. bolt pattern is the big win for them, because they use some silly pattern that aparantly only them and a handfull of BMWs use. so not realyl any options for a standard trailer hub
gotcha
Old 10-25-2013, 11:31 AM   #3286
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalguyracing View Post
WANT TO TALK TOLLS COME THROUGH NYC TO THE ISLAND.....
CAPS LOCK TURNS OFF IF YOU JUST HIT THE BUTTON AGAIN

MATT
Old 10-25-2013, 11:33 AM   #3287
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I stay out of that state for many reasons. that being one of them.
actually we like the tolls because it keeps the rift raft out....
you know what i mean
oh wait
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacoFF View Post

MATT
WHAT????
Old 10-25-2013, 11:34 AM   #3288
Running For Mayor of TW
richardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Old 10-25-2013, 11:43 AM   #3289
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
WHAT????
I SAID CAPS LOCK TURNS OFF IF YOU JUST HIT THE BUTTON AGAIN!

Matt

Old 10-25-2013, 12:50 PM   #3290
Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Toyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Toyota Tech31's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
WANT TO TALK TOLLS COME THROUGH NYC TO THE ISLAND.....

Quote:

MATT

Quote:
WHAT????

Quote:

Matt

Am I the only one that reads these in a yelling voice in my head?
Old 10-25-2013, 12:56 PM   #3291
PantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Luke
Location: Home: Lexington, VA Current: Pittsburgh/Chicora, PA
PantherTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyota Tech31 View Post
Am I the only one that reads these in a yelling voice in my head?
no
Old 10-25-2013, 07:19 PM   #3292
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: AMT3 kodiak 60T jayhawks
Name: coby
uscg2008's Tacoma Gallery
X3^^^^
Old 10-27-2013, 04:19 PM   #3293
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Old 10-27-2013, 05:05 PM   #3294
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

MATT
Quote:

WHAT????
Quote:

Matt

Old 10-27-2013, 05:50 PM   #3295
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Hahahaha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pdWAcK6Eh8
Old 10-28-2013, 07:48 AM   #3296

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumNutz View Post
Hahahaha
I got made fun of on saturday for taking your phone call right here.....

Old 10-28-2013, 08:01 AM   #3297
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:

"Hey whatcha doin?"
"Oh nothing just sitting on some rocks"
Old 10-28-2013, 08:02 AM   #3298
Running For Mayor of TW

Quote:

"oh hey yeah can i call you back? i think one of the front wheels just slipped of a rock. no no im not mad at you im serious i'll call you back"
Old 10-28-2013, 08:21 AM   #3299

I told you guys the call was automotive related lol. can't leave a brota hanging when he calls with a question about his front suspension
Old 10-28-2013, 08:24 AM   #3300
DerpWerx Fab

All good! Sorry about being a nervous spotter. It was my first time spotting someone. I don't know why nobody else wanted to step up to the plate when you first asked for someone to spot you.

Products Discussed in this Thread