Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Colinb17's kinda sorta build thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-11-2011, 07:11 PM   #41
ride BMX!
littledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
littledvl's Tacoma Gallery
Nice pics! Looked like a good trip
Old 07-11-2011, 07:11 PM   #42
Do you know Tyler Durden?
FearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
FearNothing321's Tacoma Gallery
Old 07-11-2011, 07:20 PM   #43
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by littledvl View Post
Nice pics! Looked like a good trip
yeah, it's too bad you couldn't make it. you coming tothe meet on the 30th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearNothing321 View Post
i love popcorn
Old 07-11-2011, 07:23 PM   #44
ride BMX!
littledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinb17 View Post
yeah, it's too bad you couldn't make it. you coming tothe meet on the 30th?

The shoe creek meet? I have something going clunk on my passenger side front suspension, eveyrthing seems ok and tight. Need to find a shop that can look at it, if its nothing serious or a simple fix ill make the next meet.
Old 07-11-2011, 07:26 PM   #45
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
The shoe creek meet? I have something going clunk on my passenger side front suspension, eveyrthing seems ok and tight. Need to find a shop that can look at it, if its nothing serious or a simple fix ill make the next meet.
yeah, the shoe creek one. you check your UCA bolt

is it just the sound, or can you actually feel something through the seat or steering wheel?
Old 07-11-2011, 07:32 PM   #46
ride BMX!

Quote:
yeah, the shoe creek one. you check your UCA bolt

is it just the sound, or can you actually feel something through the seat or steering wheel?

Havnt had a chance to check the torque but did put a wrench on it and its tight. I dont feel it, i hear a "thud" when i hit and sudden bump in the road, I ran down some powerlines yesterday and it was a constant thud sound. Im no mechanic
Old 07-11-2011, 08:31 PM   #47

i hate those mistery sounds.

i had a terrible squeak for awhile that happened with any little imperfection on the road. off road was hell with it. turned out to be sand in between the bumper and frame
Old 07-11-2011, 08:41 PM   #48
ride BMX!

That would have drove me crazy, haha.

So your planning on doing the shoe creek meet?
Old 07-11-2011, 08:45 PM   #49

Quote:
That would have drove me crazy, haha.

So your planning on doing the shoe creek meet?
sure am
even if you haven't solved the clunk probem, if you can make it down you should. there are always open seats for ride alongs

it's supposedly a little easier than rausch creek, but i think i'm going to tear some stuff of the truck tobeef up beforehand anyway. thinking about making some LCA skids, UCA mounting gussets. I really want to reinforce the wings on my bumper. the took some good hits at rausch, but you could see them flex a little. i'd like to be able to pivot and alide off/around trees and rocks with those like i can with the sliders. and i'll have at least the gas tankskid on my then, with some reinforcing to the IFS skid.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:09 PM   #50
ride BMX!

Quote:
sure am
even if you haven't solved the clunk probem, if you can make it down you should. there are always open seats for ride alongs

it's supposedly a little easier than rausch creek, but i think i'm going to tear some stuff of the truck tobeef up beforehand anyway. thinking about making some LCA skids, UCA mounting gussets. I really want to reinforce the wings on my bumper. the took some good hits at rausch, but you could see them flex a little. i'd like to be able to pivot and alide off/around trees and rocks with those like i can with the sliders. and i'll have at least the gas tankskid on my then, with some reinforcing to the IFS skid.

Sounds like you got some work ahead of you, haha. I may be interested in lca skids and uca gussets . I just made a ifs skid out of some 3/16, wanted to use 1/4 but didnt have any and wanted to have some kinda skid for the rausch meet which i still ended up missing.. I have a drop piece of 7075 aluminum at my shop I may try and make a gas tank skid if I get some time.

Iv never been to shoe creek but if your deff going ill go, if you dont mind ill follow you there. I also think iv see you a few times on the beltway usually over by braddock area, im never in my truck tho.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:44 PM   #51

Quote:
Sounds like you got some work ahead of you, haha. I may be interested in lca skids and uca gussets . I just made a ifs skid out of some 3/16, wanted to use 1/4 but didnt have any and wanted to have some kinda skid for the rausch meet which i still ended up missing.. I have a drop piece of 7075 aluminum at my shop I may try and make a gas tank skid if I get some time.

Iv never been to shoe creek but if your deff going ill go, if you dont mind ill follow you there. I also think iv see you a few times on the beltway usually over by braddock area, im never in my truck tho.
i'm actually going to buy the gussets. i believe they are technically a coil bucket gusset that also help strengthen the upper control arm mounts. i'm just going to be cutting the LCA skids from 3/16-1/4 inch steel. that is if i don't get lazy and just buy the total chaos ones

an aluminum tank skid would be nice. armor weighs so much, every lb off helps.

and that's funny. i do inddeed drive the beltway past braddock 3 days a week for one of my jobs. i also mountainbike at wakefield which is off the braddock exit. i'll have to keep an eye out for you.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:50 PM   #52
ride BMX!

Quote:
i'm actually going to buy the gussets. i believe they are technically a coil bucket gusset that also help strengthen the upper control arm mounts. i'm just going to be cutting the LCA skids from 3/16-1/4 inch steel. that is if i don't get lazy and just buy the total chaos ones

an aluminum tank skid would be nice. armor weighs so much, every lb off helps.

and that's funny. i do inddeed drive the beltway past braddock 3 days a week for one of my jobs. i also mountainbike at wakefield which is off the braddock exit. i'll have to keep an eye out for you.
Haha well i have the tools and steel to make eveyrthing i bought for my truck but im just to lazy to build it so I end up buying most things..

I am usually over that way to goto little river turnpike, i park by the baseball feilds right next to the beltway and ride the bike path to the bmx/mtb dirt jumps. Everytime iv seen you i been in a work truck coming back from a job in dulles.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:00 PM   #53

Quote:
Haha well i have the tools and steel to make eveyrthing i bought for my truck but im just to lazy to build it so I end up buying most things..

I am usually over that way to goto little river turnpike, i park by the baseball feilds right next to the beltway and ride the bike path to the bmx/mtb dirt jumps. Everytime iv seen you i been in a work truck coming back from a job in dulles.
no kidding. i race at wakefield, but it's an all mountain frame, so i'll take it to the DJ section every once in a while too just to fool around. haven't been for a while though.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:04 PM   #54
ride BMX!

Quote:
no kidding. i race at wakefield, but it's an all mountain frame, so i'll take it to the DJ section every once in a while too just to fool around. haven't been for a while though.

I havnt been in awhile either, I ride bmx and usually goto woodbridge trails. I have a few go pro vids on youtube of the trails on little river turnpike.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:08 PM   #55

little bit of trail damage from rausch creek. nothing major though.

only a little dent in the IFS skid. the whole flat underside of it is dent free, even with multiple hard hits

a good number of these frame gouges and dents

even after rerouting my exhaust way up inside the frame, i still tore up the heat wrap on the rocks

turned the tin can transfer case guard into a piece of modern art

this is the next crossmember back from the end of the IFS skid

good thing i'm getting a gas tank skid

no idea when this happened lol

apparently i need limit straps. bent the rear shock bushing washer.

so nothing major, but the skids are soon to be completed.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:47 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by hard2kill View Post
hahahaahhaha...baby damage for all the crazy shit you climbed...
yeah, i feel like i got off easy
Old 07-13-2011, 05:52 PM   #58

alright, i need some suggestions...... looks like i bounced off the rock that dented my skid plate and landed on it a second time. the second time it hit my lower control arm mount on the drivers side.

what do yall think would be the best solution to fix this? i'd rather not have to take the LCA completely off, but it's looking like i'll have to. if that's the case, after i bend it back i'm going to gusset the hell out of the mount itsself as well as the alignment tabs.

i was wondering why i had a slight pull to the left.
gues i'll take it to firestone tomorrow and see if they can realign it as a temporary solution.

so any ideas on the best way to go abotu fixing this?

here's a visual
Old 07-13-2011, 05:55 PM   #59
My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Ryan
rmb_crew's Tacoma Gallery
ouch! that sucks! sorry to hear about that. ya you will prob have to take it all off and try and bend it back.
Old 07-13-2011, 05:59 PM   #60

yeah, that's what i figure
i tried to get some pliers in there, but the ones that were small enough, bent, and the ones that were big enough to not bend, just didn't fit

the things we put up with to have fun with out trucks

Products Discussed in this Thread