Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Black Blade build

Old 06-30-2011, 06:53 PM   #1
The sherbet is fermenting........
Sgian has much to be proud ofSgian has much to be proud ofSgian has much to be proud ofSgian has much to be proud ofSgian has much to be proud ofSgian has much to be proud ofSgian has much to be proud ofSgian has much to be proud ofSgian has much to be proud ofSgian has much to be proud of

Navy: test marketing positive thinking
Name: Matt
Sgian's Tacoma Gallery
Black Blade build

A couple of guys have asked me why Black Blade. It comes from the screen name I use here and in online gaming(yes, I am a geek). Sgian Dubh is a Gaelic word for a Scottish dagger. The name means black (or hidden) knife, so Black Blade build.
Currently:

Originally:

Just picked this up today, 2011 TRD Sport V-6 Manual transmission. Just got done de-badging, tomorrow she has an appointment with a supercharger.

04JUL11 SC installed, URD exhaust and quick shifter, AFE CAI, Ventshades

17JUL11 Tinted

30JUL11 Lamin-X, WeatherTech mats

03AUG11 Idiot trucker rear-end mod (really don't reccommend this one)

19AUG11 Safely back at home from the shop, freindly police officer reccommended that I remove all Lamin-X

10SEP11 OME 886, Dakar Leaf pack and Desert Products UCAs

12SEP11 FJ TRD rims with BFG 285s

26NOV11 Frame Chop done, lotsa parts awaiting install.

07MAR12 Relentless Armor arrives

17MAR12 Relentless Armor on

15APR12 Center console organized Eyelids installed

11AUG12 Roof Rack and Jungle Flares

11AUG12 High Lift mounted

19AUG12 Ram Mount Cell Holder

22NOV12 Rear ended again, I hate stupid people. Had been stopped at a light for over a minute, dumb bitch plows me from behind. Four adults in the car, no one thinks to say "OMG STOP!" When the 300lbs woman is asked by the police officer "Why did you hit him?". Her response is "I just dropped something and was looking for it when, smash". I would attest that it would have been impossible for her to find anything in her truck without removing her puddled ass from the vehicle...

31DEC12 Rigid installed in the scoop.

February 2013 Blue Sea fuse box.

Always on USB charger

Wired in Rigid lightbar to FJ switch, replaced PIAA fogs with D2s.
Old 06-30-2011, 08:59 PM   #2
Artificial Intelligence beats natural stupidity
easyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
easyeatlanta's Tacoma Gallery
damn i wish i had a supercharger and a new truck lucky
Old 06-30-2011, 09:06 PM   #3
Jet is on a distinguished road

Name: Jet
Jet's Tacoma Gallery
sweet, what next....?
Old 07-01-2011, 02:49 AM   #4
Sgian has much to be proud ofSgian has much to be proud ofSgian has much to be proud ofSgian has much to be proud ofSgian has much to be proud ofSgian has much to be proud ofSgian has much to be proud ofSgian has much to be proud ofSgian has much to be proud ofSgian has much to be proud of

Sgian's Tacoma Gallery
URD exhaust
URD short throw shifter
AFE airbox
window vents

all in the mail

I am on the fence about some short tube Doug Thorley headers, but will most likely order them today.
Old 07-03-2011, 01:32 PM   #6
Large "member"
NC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC15TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Holy crap! I wish I had the money to do all that to a new truck!
Old 07-23-2011, 06:58 PM   #8
Ez2typethis has much to be proud ofEz2typethis has much to be proud ofEz2typethis has much to be proud ofEz2typethis has much to be proud ofEz2typethis has much to be proud ofEz2typethis has much to be proud ofEz2typethis has much to be proud ofEz2typethis has much to be proud ofEz2typethis has much to be proud ofEz2typethis has much to be proud of

Navy: Aviation Structural Mechanic (Structures and Hydraulics) VFA-25
Ez2typethis's Tacoma Gallery
Nice build man! Superchargers are the only way to go!
Old 07-26-2011, 08:49 AM   #9
Large "member"
NC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NC15TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Any updated pics?
Old 07-26-2011, 09:28 AM   #10
Tacohead
HuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant future

Name: Kevin
HuntnTruk's Tacoma Gallery
So what was your immediate impression of the supercharger?
Old 07-26-2011, 07:19 PM   #11

Sgian's Tacoma Gallery

Most updated pic I have atm. Only things new done to her are window tinting, WeatherTech floor mats, and a Momo gearshift knob. I have Lamin-x standing by to be installed this weekend, headlights, tail lights, fogs and windshield. Am scared to install the Scangauge, having too much fun with the gas pedal. I am waiting for DownSouth Motorsports to get Desert Racing UCA's and some Dakars in stock so they can send me out my lift. Waiting on some FJ TRD Anthracite wheels to show up (should be fri/sat). Put an order into Eric for some Relentless armor, two month wait, grr. Have a PA system with hands-free mic enroute. And did the hose-clamp rear gate mod.

On the improvement with the Supercharger... Holey hell!!!! The look on my wife's face when I downshifted from third to second and punched it was priceless. Threw her and the kids back into their seats as the car went from 25 to 45 faster than a truck should be able to. Still learning the truck though, but it shocks the crap out of people that think that they can get in front of me, hehe. matt
Old 07-26-2011, 07:24 PM   #12
Large "member"

NC15TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC10TRDSPORT View Post
Holy crap! I wish I had the money to do all that to a new truck!
I refer you to a post I made a few days back^^^
Old 07-26-2011, 07:34 PM   #13

Sgian's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC10TRDSPORT View Post
I refer you to a post I made a few days back^^^
Don't mess with my midlife crisis man! J/K I have been wanting this for quite a while. Re-enlisted in AFG and picked up Senior Chief, so can finally make my dreams a reality. Still waiting on my wife to cut off the funding for my insanity.....
Old 07-26-2011, 07:42 PM   #14
Dr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to behold

Dr. Pepper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgian View Post
Don't mess with my midlife crisis man! J/K I have been wanting this for quite a while. Re-enlisted in AFG and picked up Senior Chief, so can finally make my dreams a reality. Still waiting on my wife to cut off the funding for my insanity.....

Great looking truck. You've already done killer mods to it, and sounds like you have awesome plans aswell. Subbed for pics!
Old 07-26-2011, 10:25 PM   #15
Ez2typethis has much to be proud ofEz2typethis has much to be proud ofEz2typethis has much to be proud ofEz2typethis has much to be proud ofEz2typethis has much to be proud ofEz2typethis has much to be proud ofEz2typethis has much to be proud ofEz2typethis has much to be proud ofEz2typethis has much to be proud ofEz2typethis has much to be proud of

Definitely want to keep an eye on this build!
Old 07-27-2011, 08:35 AM   #16
Large "member"

NC15TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Haha I wouldn't mess with anyone that has that big of plans for such a nice truck! If you had the longbed auto we'd have the same base truck. I have some plans for the next couple years for mine so we shall see!
Old 07-31-2011, 02:59 AM   #17

Sgian's Tacoma Gallery
Man, finding a Lamin-x installer close by is about impossible, ended up driving 200 miles to find one that can install the windshield. Jury is still out on if I'm going to keep it on there, looks like I am driving from the inside of a golf ball presently. Tons of dimples that the installer stated would dissapate in a day or two, we'll see. He also did the Headlights, Tails, fogs and third breaklight.

When I got home these were waiting on me, my wife wasn't too excited about having to carry all of them into the house while I was away...

Now just waiting on Downsouth Motorsports to get my OME system back in stock to lift her up and get new rubber on.
Old 07-31-2011, 03:16 AM   #18
WhiteTacoma93 is on a distinguished road
Name: Casey
WhiteTacoma93's Tacoma Gallery
i'm jealous.....
Old 07-31-2011, 05:29 AM   #19
Large "member"

NC15TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTacoma93 View Post
i'm jealous.....
Me too!
Old 07-31-2011, 12:21 PM   #20

Quote:
Man, finding a Lamin-x installer close by is about impossible, ended up driving 200 miles to find one that can install the windshield. Jury is still out on if I'm going to keep it on there, looks like I am driving from the inside of a golf ball presently. Tons of dimples that the installer stated would dissapate in a day or two, we'll see. He also did the Headlights, Tails, fogs and third breaklight.

When I got home these were waiting on me, my wife wasn't too excited about having to carry all of them into the house while I was away...

Now just waiting on Downsouth Motorsports to get my OME system back in stock to lift her up and get new rubber on.

Same exact rims i am getting! just want to wait to get rims/tires and lift at the same time. That'll be a huge make over for my truck. Did you get them from

https://www.1sttoyotaparts.com/produ...b3848bbfc984fa

I was planning on getting those and getting them powdercoated satin black.

Very nice!