Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

thewhiteknight's build

Old 07-05-2011, 09:38 AM   #1
thewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Volunteer
Name: Colby
thewhiteknight's Tacoma Gallery
thewhiteknight's build

been looking around on this site for a while and i really like it, love my tacoma too. i've had my tacoma for about a month, so i figured i might as well go ahead and start a build thread.

here it is still on the lot, 2006 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner TRD Sport, 62,000 miles. 6/8/11

TRUCK:
2006 DCLB PreRunner SR5 TRD Sport V6
Bilstein 5100 @ 2.5"
2" AAL
Drop in AFE
17" KMC XD Hoss 795
285/70/17 Nitto Terra Grappler

that night

added strobes to hood scoop; 6/24/11

hid the wires under the hood

ran wires through where all the other wires go through, seemed like a perfect place

put the controller box in the flip down compartment under the steering wheel area

L.E.D. corners

48 L.E.D. Dome Light

the 36's that were on my old truck..vmax silverado

just a little playin in the yard

i took off the bed cover also, i dont know if i like it better with or without?

LED million color underglow

10k HID..recently removed due to ticket for "glare"

clean..

Well I guess it's been overdue for me to update this but here we go..

led brake strip

then came HIDs 6000k

new radio

yes that's mud

white led gauges

black decals

ultragauge!

lift!

lift!

after lift

BHLM

BHLM

alpine type r and type s door speakers

a little dirty

painted the skid plate and new shackle, and a fresh wash..

Old 07-08-2011, 01:12 PM   #2
dmbtiger19 is on a distinguished road

dmbtiger19's Tacoma Gallery
Good luck fittin the 36s. Nice to see another Prerunner even if it is a long bed. Welcome to TW
Old 06-05-2012, 07:00 AM   #3
thewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Updated
Old 06-06-2012, 05:49 PM   #4

As of now

Old 06-10-2012, 08:45 PM   #5

A little dirty 😱

After a night of following two Chevy z71 4x4s with 35" mud grapplers. Where they would spin my PreRunner just crawled right through the mud.. Made me proud.
Attached Thumbnails
thewhiteknight's build-imageuploadedbytapatalk1339386163.622569.jpg  
Old 06-10-2012, 08:47 PM   #6
Swerve for nothing
saundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
saundern's Tacoma Gallery
is there a reason for the strobes in the scoop or is it one of those what the hell things?
Old 06-11-2012, 06:40 AM   #7

It was one of those what the hell kinda things.. I really just wanted the strobe box so I could wire it to red lights for VFD but I couldn't find it separate
Old 06-14-2012, 07:27 PM   #8

New speaker box sounds much better. Doesn't do well with high notes but it gets deep and LOUD. Which is really what I wanted..
Attached Thumbnails
thewhiteknight's build-imageuploadedbytapatalk1339727220.090297.jpg  
Old 06-20-2012, 08:49 AM   #9

Dual amps! One pushes my alpine door speakers and tweeters and the other pushes the sub. The one on left is 600 watts and the one on the right is 400.
Attached Thumbnails
thewhiteknight's build-imageuploadedbytapatalk1340207389.627012.jpg  
Old 07-16-2012, 08:36 PM   #10

updated!
Old 07-17-2012, 09:37 PM   #11
islandracer8o8 is on a distinguished road
Name: Doug
islandracer8o8's Tacoma Gallery
Where did you buy the hood scoop strobes from?
Old 08-03-2012, 06:58 AM   #12

I got them from Autozone
Old 10-23-2012, 07:00 AM   #13

As of 10/23/2012

Went on a trail ride and got some trail damage on my bumper so i guess that's a good reason for a new bumper LOL

Here are some pics

This was during Hurricane Isaac..

Old 11-22-2012, 07:22 PM   #14

at the camp..

and just bored one day..

Old 11-22-2012, 07:24 PM   #15

the most recent thing i have done.. tweeters

Old 11-22-2012, 07:35 PM   #16

And LED footwell lights..already had leds in map lights and dome, wired them all to come on with the unlock and door open.. They're all same color led, the iphone camera just didnt pick it up very well... also brighter than it looks

Old 12-10-2012, 02:15 PM   #17

Blacked out the taillights with vht night shades
thewhiteknight's build-imageuploadedbytapatalk1355177633.750343.jpg

thewhiteknight's build-imageuploadedbytapatalk1355177680.769843.jpg
Old 01-05-2013, 10:17 PM   #18

Put an led strip on the inside of the lid of the tool box and put it on a switch for when it opens and closes. Lights up the box, the bed, and about a 20 foot half circle around the back of the truck.

thewhiteknight's build-imageuploadedbytapatalk1357452992.585025.jpg
thewhiteknight's build-imageuploadedbytapatalk1357453019.061757.jpg
Old 11-25-2013, 01:16 PM   #19

Going to update a bit.. did a few lighting mods recently, halos in the fog lights and perimeter lighting. Halos and perimeter lights come on with remote unlock/open door or via switch. the halos were pretty simple to do and cost less than 50$ to do the entire install. they are multi-color RGB LEDs, come with a remote to change the colors, brightness, and strobe/fade modes. If anyone is interested i took pics and will do a write-up on it..

blue:

perimeter lighting and green halo:

pic of the halos pre-install

Clean..

Also got the windshield tinted to 35%
Old 11-25-2013, 05:52 PM   #20
BLOODYMARY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLOODYMARY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLOODYMARY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLOODYMARY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLOODYMARY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLOODYMARY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLOODYMARY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLOODYMARY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLOODYMARY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLOODYMARY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLOODYMARY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Veteran
Name: Keith
BLOODYMARY's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed for halo details. Nice work!