Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

eetaco's build

Old 07-05-2011, 08:23 PM   #1
EEtaco is just really niceEEtaco is just really niceEEtaco is just really niceEEtaco is just really niceEEtaco is just really nice

Firefighter:
Name: Stefan
EEtaco's Tacoma Gallery
EEtacos build

I guess I'll finally put one of these together.

Day 1 with a 2009 doublecab prerunner V6 base

Current:
5100's all around with frost @ 1.75 w/ TSB rear
Hardwired GPS
Ham radio
Alpine CDA-105 w/ Hybrid Audio speakers
SPod
OBA: MasterFlow mounted in bed cubby
BLHM
Morimoto D2S retrofit
OEM Fogs
Switched DC power to toolbox
40% front tint (came from dealer)
Chopped front mudflaps
EGR slim visors
245/75/16 Michelin AT2

How it sits today:

But better clean!

First mod was locating the free maglight holder position.
It's secure, rattle-free and... free.

Next I installed an Icom-2200h with a Larsen NMO 2/70. It's a great radio that's been working flawlessly with excellent range from the larsen.

Sometime either before the radio or after came the GPS. The wire goes down the A piller into a female plug with wires going to the SPod.

Audio:

To help with power distribution/switching/cable management I installed the SPod. The price may seem a little steep for such a simple thing, but the quality of their product is outstanding and they helped me through my hardheadedness and some unforeseen compatibility issues.

The main unit is under the hood by the fuse box:

Switches:

BLHM and retrofit:
Old 07-30-2011, 07:37 AM   #2
EEtaco is just really niceEEtaco is just really niceEEtaco is just really niceEEtaco is just really niceEEtaco is just really nice

Firefighter:
EEtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Just installed an Alpine cda-105 and I must say it's worlds better than that stock pos! My only gripe is it can be difficult to read when the sun hits it. There are more pics in the audio sub-forum if interested.
Old 12-11-2011, 06:54 AM   #3
Christ Follower
RadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
RadRed06's Tacoma Gallery
where are you in MS?
Old 08-06-2012, 01:37 PM   #4

Firefighter:
EEtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Headlight boondoggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadRed06
where are you in MS?
Starkville.

I originally had no intention in doing the BLHM or retrofit, but installing emergency strobes took me down a frustrating path. I had no idea that there was such a large gap between the outer shell and reflector bowl and thus had to hack away at my headlight. Also the reflector bowl is made of some composite/fiber material and gave off some hellacious dust which demanded opening the headlight and cleaning it... the reflecting/chrome material is also fragile and chips extremely easily.

I could never bring myself to open my headlights just to paint them, but since I had no choice I went ahead and did the BLHM and ordered the Morimoto D2S retrofit kit from TRS. The retrofit install was very easy, but after fitting the Apollo shrouds the hole I had cut for the strobe bulb put the strobe bulb too close to the shroud! (Minimum 1" clearance required around strobe bulb for heat)... FUCK FUCK FUCK! I stared at the problem and thought about it for a while and finally cut another hole for the strobe bulb and covered the other one with ducting tape. Overall everything is complete and a close inspection will reveal my fuck up, but what's done is done. I'm not happy with how it turned out, but I'll live with it until I can find a set of replacement reflector bowls to fix it. I considered bondo + painting the bowl black, but I fear that will cut down on the effectiveness of the strobe with the absence of reflection.

Strobe is in the bottom left, old hole is right above it, and the whole triangle is taped for uniformity.

BLHM came out great!

Strobe wiring... Exposed wire lengths on right are for +12V, Pattern, and Low/Hi power toggle. Switch will be installed in center console.