Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Greenhatter's Build

Old 07-05-2011, 08:53 PM   #1
Greenhatter is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenhatter is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenhatter is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenhatter is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenhatter is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenhatter is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenhatter is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenhatter is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenhatter is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenhatter is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenhatter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Greenhatter's Tacoma Gallery
The Tumbler

Snow run!

Tire carrier.

New fenders, color, and shoes (courtesy of a cab mount body chop).

Got new Stubbs Welding spacers welded on and Spidertrax 1.25 wheel spacers front and back.

With the new AP bumper!

I must admit, however, that I bought one with a head start. Here she is as I bought her.

Couldn't figure out why my engine doesn't look like most peoples' though.

Just teasing. I was lucky enough to find one with a SC already installed and with low miles. I would likely never have made the SC happen if I'd had to install it post-purchase.

Tires were shot so I upgraded to Open Country M/Ts (285/75/16)

And so the money hole has been dug! Naturally the laundry list of upgrades I plan on is long. But I don't like the factory SC and TRD decals so I expect those will get changed out soon.

Here is a pic of my buddy's and mine.

Old 07-08-2011, 01:03 PM   #2
Dafuq
Who Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ricky
Who Dat Popcorn's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good man! Do you live in DC or Washington as the state? I've seen something similar, if not the same truck, on 95. We were heading the same way and I noticed he had a few mods so we drove down together for a while lol
Old 07-08-2011, 01:20 PM   #3
09slvrtaco is on a distinguished road
Name: John
09slvrtaco's Tacoma Gallery
looks nice. Wish mine came used with a supercharger.
Old 07-08-2011, 01:23 PM   #4
Morto un papa, se ne fa un'altro
motorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: EOD TEU1, MU 8, BUD/s 225, MA 9545
Name: Jason
motorsport36's Tacoma Gallery
^yeah me too!
Old 07-08-2011, 05:07 PM   #5
Greenhatter is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenhatter is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenhatter is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenhatter is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenhatter is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenhatter is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenhatter is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenhatter is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenhatter is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenhatter is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenhatter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Dat Popcorn View Post
Looks good man! Do you live in DC or Washington as the state? I've seen something similar, if not the same truck, on 95. We were heading the same way and I noticed he had a few mods so we drove down together for a while lol
We just moved up here from out east so it might have been him!
Old 08-06-2011, 06:43 PM   #7
Supercharger Badges

Ordering materials for my satoshi but in the mean time I decided to replace the stupid supercharger and TRD badges that came with the supercharger.

I know many TWers prefer the "secret SC" but I think I passed the concern for thievery when I put on expensive wheels and tires so I'm not worried about it.

I chose the OEM GM Cadillac supercharged badges. I thought they looked most like the font on the truck. They ended up being much smaller than I thought they were going to be which I am grateful for. I was worried if they were bigger (longer) than the Tacoma badge it would be gaudy and look out of place.

In the end they fit perfectly above the Tacoma. I thought about placing them on the front quarter panel but after a test placement I thought it was a little tacky and I'd loose the $40 I paid for them (ebay) if I put on Glassworks fenders in the future.

Ok Pics!

My only complaint would be that the clear placing tape that comes on the letters barely stays on them while you try to put it on. Since the letters are not attached to one another I did end up having to adjust them after initially putting them on.

Now time will tell how sturdy they are.
Old 11-23-2011, 02:18 PM   #8
Satoshi.

Old 11-23-2011, 02:21 PM   #9
Swerve for nothing
saundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
saundern's Tacoma Gallery
looks good! especially the supercharged badges
Old 03-14-2012, 10:07 PM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by pa blaster View Post
nice trk what front bumper do you have & its only a mater of time till i slap a SC on mine i want to do a front bumper first
Thanks man! Like your rig too. It's an AllPro plate bumper.

https://www.allprooffroad.com/05taco...omafrontbumper
Old 03-14-2012, 10:19 PM   #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by pa blaster View Post
i have the rear i will have the front now that i see yours.... do you know if they do a brush guard style kinda like my westin?
They do a light hoop and I have seen guys with the headlight protection hoops too but I think they were moded cause I don't see that option on the website.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:14 PM   #15
Fenders

Old 09-08-2013, 06:37 AM   #17
the risk is worth the reward
mattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: matt
mattmxracer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimwood Shady View Post
Is that plasti dip paint
its a vinyl wrap. He had it posted in the what did you do to your tacoma today thread
Old 09-21-2013, 12:04 PM   #19
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
Love the wheels!
What size tires are those?
Thanks Homer! The tires are 315/75/16 Toyo Open Country MT
Old 09-21-2013, 12:26 PM   #20
Chepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Chepo's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great!!!