Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

MATTMXRACER'S GETTIN THERE BUILD

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-06-2014, 05:27 AM   #921
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmxracer View Post
I will be living there in late may. My dad is going through a tough time with some medical issues and I need to be down there with him. Goal is to be living there by late april. Thanks man! Looking to get the dakars on there and then comes the icons
Shit man, i hope everything works out for the good.

You can join the Carolina Alliance if ya want
Old 02-06-2014, 01:08 PM   #922
I love snow!
chipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Girdwood Fire Department
Name: Anna
chipnoreo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChamYota View Post
That's why I went straight to coilovers. It's always a progression billies to coilovers or ome and then coilovers. Haha may as well cry once. Coilovers ride like butter. At least my foxes do

Agreed Went straight to Fox myself and love them.
Old 02-06-2014, 01:20 PM   #923
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipnoreo View Post
Agreed Went straight to Fox myself and love them.
Great minds think alike!
Old 02-06-2014, 01:23 PM   #924
I love snow!
chipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Great minds think alike!
Old 02-06-2014, 01:30 PM   #925
the risk is worth the reward
mattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: matt
mattmxracer's Tacoma Gallery
I want the full 3 inches with the icons, do the foxes allow you 3 or 2.5?
Old 02-06-2014, 02:18 PM   #926
Mama didn't raise no fool
slaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant future

Air Force: Veteran
Name: Travis
slaphappy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I will be living there in late may. My dad is going through a tough time with some medical issues and I need to be down there with him. Goal is to be living there by late april. Thanks man! Looking to get the dakars on there and then comes the icons

Understandable man. I just moved away from Charleston before Christmas. I just saw your plates and was curious.

Truck looks super good!
Old 02-06-2014, 02:25 PM   #927
AKA Crash Bandicoot

Quote:
I want the full 3 inches with the icons, do the foxes allow you 3 or 2.5?
You can add enough preload to get that yes, but it'll ride shitty from the preload.
Old 02-06-2014, 04:33 PM   #928
mattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
You can add enough preload to get that yes, but it'll ride shitty from the preload.
the foxes or the icons
Old 02-07-2014, 06:23 AM   #929
Tntucker1
Tntucker1 is on a distinguished road

Army: 2/75 Ranger Bn, CH-47 Instructor Pilot
Name: Ted
Tntucker1's Tacoma Gallery
Great looking truck bud, gave me some great ideas.
Old 02-07-2014, 06:32 AM   #930
AKA Crash Bandicoot

Quote:
the foxes or the icons
That would apply with ANY coil over i believe. If you have a low spring rate(550 for example) you won't really get much lift out of the box and then you have to crank it up to get the lift you want which will make the ride worse.

My particular foxes are the 2.0 versions and came with a 600# spring(stock is like 520#) and i got about 2" out of the box, and if i cranked it a bit, i'd need like 2 half(or quarter turns) to get another inch and the ride quality would be effected.
Old 02-07-2014, 06:36 AM   #931

Quote:
That would apply with ANY coil over i believe. If you have a low spring rate(550 for example) you won't really get much lift out of the box and then you have to crank it up to get the lift you want which will make the ride worse.

My particular foxes are the 2.0 versions and came with a 600# spring(stock is like 520#) and i got about 2" out of the box, and if i cranked it a bit, i'd need like 2 half(or quarter turns) to get another inch and the ride quality would be effected.
So Im gonna need the 700lb coil with the icons to achieve the best ride to get 3 inches?
Old 02-07-2014, 06:37 AM   #932

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tntucker1 View Post
Great looking truck bud, gave me some great ideas.
Thanks man! Still have a few things on the list to do.
Old 02-07-2014, 06:40 AM   #933
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So Im gonna need the 700lb coil with the icons to achieve the best ride to get 3 inches?
Yes!
Old 02-07-2014, 06:46 AM   #934
AKA Crash Bandicoot

Quote:
Yes in theory, but you've got to make sure you have the weight up front(plate bumper, winch, skids ect) If i put 700# coils on my truck it would ride like shit because the spring weight is meant to compensate for added weight up front, not just add lift out the box so it works both ways. You want the weight up front and then the 700# coils will help you rather than hinder you.
Old 02-07-2014, 12:31 PM   #935
I love snow!

I have mine cranked up a fair bit and it still rides nice. I had a spacer lift and it sits higher now than with that

approx 2.5" lift

stock ride height
Old 02-08-2014, 11:50 AM   #936
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yes, get the 700# coils off the bat.

Matt
Old 02-11-2014, 12:43 PM   #937

build on hold for a while. Was either gonna buy front and rear resi icons or this DD and I decided to go with the DD. Car is mint and only has 70k on it. Cra Cra. Grandma owned to...hell yes
Old 02-13-2014, 07:09 AM   #939

Quote:
Originally Posted by SconnieHailer View Post
ahhhh sheeeeit, VTEC BRAH! nice clean lookn whip man.
loving it mang! I think I gotta change the thermostat in it though. Thing runs pretty cool until you let it idle for about 5 min. jumps a lilttle above the halfway mark
They tried to block the poor honda in today

Old 02-13-2014, 07:11 AM   #940

loving this snow

Products Discussed in this Thread