Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

MATTMXRACER'S GETTIN THERE BUILD

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-08-2011, 08:31 AM   #1
the risk is worth the reward
mattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: matt
mattmxracer's Tacoma Gallery
MATTMXRACER'S GETTIN THERE BUILD

My Build progress so far ( page is a little scattered with progress)

recent

MOD LIST
wet okole's
black sport grille
leather arm rest mod with black switches
20% tint on two front windows
BHLM
Fog Light Mod
ICON EXTENDED COILOVERS WITH 700lb SPRINGS
LED Tail lights
Bestop supertop
Maglite mod
4xinnovations sliders (welded)
ALL PRO BUMPER
285/70/17 DURATRACS
LR UCA'S
SCS STEALTH 6 WHEELS
DAkar Leaf Springs
ARMORTECH HC BUMPER
FIRST AID ROTOPAX
MT BACHELOR RTT TENT
PINCH WELD (WITH BFH)
CMC

Future plans before MOAB trip

ICON REARS
ADD A LEAF FOR DAKARS
SHACKLE FLIP
GAS TANK SKID
WINCH
ON BOARD AIR
NITTO TRAIL GRAPPLERS 285/75/17
CUSTOM BOX FOR DA BASS

recent

the day I bought her...12/7/2010 (notice that RAKE)

added some wet okoles

Set the front at 1.75

changed the chrome grill to a black sport grille

painted the chrome bumper black

Added Some Duratracs

black head light mod

new for housings (smoked)

with yellow bulbs in the housing

painted the skid plate black and stenciled in a trd logo

Then put some wheel spacers on

before wheel spacer

after

got my tacomaworld sticker

THEN CAME THE LIFT I WANTED 884X COILS with a 1 1/2 AAL

HOW IT WAS SITTING BEFORE LIFT

After I added the leaf

THEN THE 884X COILS UP FRONT WITH A 1/4 driver side spacer

new tail lights

The new bestop supertop installed on 2/2/13

flash light mod

did the leather arm rest mod and painted the switches black with plasti dipp

Added Some Yellow Fogs

Some fun pics I took

Then I decided to get me some duratracs ( awesome looking and performing tire)

took the mudflaps off but dont know how long that will last

Love the progress so far and cant wait to do some more mods. Im gonna try to chill for a little while on the mods. Girlfriend says I am obsessed with my truck....haha. I really am
Anybody that has a blacked out build I would love some advice and ideas.

now all I do is wax the hell out of it every 2 months

My trucks anthem
http://youtu.be/mj-2rILWFyQ

for mx riders out there here is a few of my best

Old 07-08-2011, 08:33 AM   #2
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
sweet truck dude!
Old 07-08-2011, 08:44 AM   #3
Love me some tacos!!!!
Fred1524 is a jewel in the roughFred1524 is a jewel in the roughFred1524 is a jewel in the roughFred1524 is a jewel in the rough

Marines: Cpl. 2nd BN. 4th Mar
Name: Fred
Fred1524's Tacoma Gallery
Nice lookin truck...love the rugged trail tacos . Speaking of, is there a thread just for Rugged Trail tacos anyone?
Old 07-08-2011, 08:56 AM   #4
mattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred1524 View Post
Nice lookin truck...love the rugged trail tacos . Speaking of, is there a thread just for Rugged Trail tacos anyone?
I dont think so, we should start one if there isnt
Old 07-08-2011, 11:28 AM   #5
The Wombat is on a distinguished road
The Wombat's Tacoma Gallery
If you're into the blacked out build - look into trading bumpers or plasti-dipping it, i've got the same truck and the rear chrome bumper drove me crazy. (mostly because the front wasn't chrome, and it looked unbalanced to me)
Also - if you satoshi the grille, you can black out that chrome as well. You don't have to go with a custom prebuilt grill either (they're $$$). I bought some perforated sheet metal online (cut to order) and did the upper/lower/triangles. Just rough up the metal with some sandpaper, prime it, and it'll hold the black paint really well.
I'm actually plasti-dipping my satoshi (over black paint) to match the bumper, as well as all the wheels. But up to this point - I've just had black paint, looks great and has lasted against everything. Secret to long lasting paint is in the prep-work. Go overboard on the prep, it'll look better and last longer.
Oh, and de-badge, or paint them black too. You can do some neat accents on the outer edge of them, if you think straight black is too much.
Old 07-08-2011, 01:19 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wombat View Post
If you're into the blacked out build - look into trading bumpers or plasti-dipping it, i've got the same truck and the rear chrome bumper drove me crazy. (mostly because the front wasn't chrome, and it looked unbalanced to me)
Also - if you satoshi the grille, you can black out that chrome as well. You don't have to go with a custom prebuilt grill either (they're $$$). I bought some perforated sheet metal online (cut to order) and did the upper/lower/triangles. Just rough up the metal with some sandpaper, prime it, and it'll hold the black paint really well.
I'm actually plasti-dipping my satoshi (over black paint) to match the bumper, as well as all the wheels. But up to this point - I've just had black paint, looks great and has lasted against everything. Secret to long lasting paint is in the prep-work. Go overboard on the prep, it'll look better and last longer.
Oh, and de-badge, or paint them black too. You can do some neat accents on the outer edge of them, if you think straight black is too much.
dont you have to keep that maintained on a regular basis, plasti dipping?
Old 07-08-2011, 01:28 PM   #7
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
Nice ride... Looks good as is
Old 07-14-2011, 05:01 AM   #8
Feed him a hammer, he'd crap out nails.
Dark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dark_Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Great looking truck dude
Old 07-14-2011, 09:11 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred1524 View Post
hey fred I couldnt find a thread for rugged trails so I made one. SO jump in!
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...n-tacomas.html
Old 07-14-2011, 10:41 AM   #10
Love me some tacos!!!!
Fred1524 is a jewel in the roughFred1524 is a jewel in the roughFred1524 is a jewel in the roughFred1524 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmxracer View Post
hey fred I couldnt find a thread for rugged trails so I made one. SO jump in!
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...n-tacomas.html
HAHA...right on man. Been a little preoccupied lately so I will get some pix posted here soon!
Old 07-14-2011, 03:45 PM   #11

I want this grill on mine bad. I like the honeycomb style but they dont make the black sand pearl honeycomb grilles, or do they?

My inspiration

Old 07-14-2011, 03:58 PM   #12
Love me some tacos!!!!

[QUOTE=mattmxracer;3435236]I want this grill on mine bad. I like the honeycomb style but they dont make the black sand pearl honeycomb grilles, or do they?

Idk if they do but Im gathering all the supplies to make a satoshi. Your inspiration truck is sick! I was suppose to trade hoods with someone with a sport hood but I never heard back from him.
Old 07-21-2011, 08:54 PM   #13
Mr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mr.Ed's Tacoma Gallery
Cool

It's cool to see my Tacoma, I know some one with yours an auto, I have a 6 . He striped his blacked out. just ran into him a few weeks ago had 50K on the rugged tires. If U have the TRD 2 mats pull them. My driver side warn, heal hole. the rest like new. Cant get new ones. I just think they are cool.
Old 07-23-2011, 12:03 PM   #14
toytaco2331 is on a distinguished road
Name: Cody
toytaco2331's Tacoma Gallery
Nice Taco. Really like the trd seat covers. guessing they came with the truck?
Old 07-23-2011, 02:57 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by toytaco2331 View Post
Nice Taco. Really like the trd seat covers. guessing they came with the truck?
na man ordered them on a group buy from wet okole, love them, perfect fit
Old 07-24-2011, 03:28 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Ed View Post
It's cool to see my Tacoma, I know some one with yours an auto, I have a 6 . He striped his blacked out. just ran into him a few weeks ago had 50K on the rugged tires. If U have the TRD 2 mats pull them. My driver side warn, heal hole. the rest like new. Cant get new ones. I just think they are cool.
I plan on putting the eibachi springs on my 5100's up front to get that full 3 inches just skeered Im gonna screw up the front diff and cv's, you should put more pics of your truck on here soon, that thing looks great...I mean great with that toyotec lift,
Old 08-05-2011, 06:56 AM   #17

just finished the tint, 20% on two front windows
Old 08-05-2011, 08:57 AM   #18
Love me some tacos!!!!

Tint looks good . Thinking about blacking out badges?
Old 08-05-2011, 07:25 PM   #19

havent decided whether to black the badges out or just debadge it completely. What do you think?
Old 08-05-2011, 08:19 PM   #20
McBuckets
RockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Noah
RockyMtnTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Debadge completely man, at least on the tailgate, and take off the bedside decals, it looks much cleaner

Products Discussed in this Thread