Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

TACOMALEX'S BUILD!

Old 07-18-2011, 03:49 PM   #1
tacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alex
tacomalex's Tacoma Gallery
TACOMALEX'S BUILD!

2011 Access Cab 4x4 with the 2.7 I4 - Here how she sits today:

Suspension:
- Light Racing UCA's
- Front OME 90000 Shocks
- 884 Coils w/ Top Plate Spacer
- Rear OME N182 Shocks
- 2" ToyTec AAL
- All-Pro U-Bolt Flip Kit

Shoes:
- TRD Sport Wheels
- Nitto Trail Grappler 255/75R17
- All-Pro 1.25 Wheel Spacers

Armor:
- 4xInnovation Sliders
- All-Pro IFS Skid
- All-Pro T-Case Shield
More To Come

Performance:
Volant CAI w/ Ram Air
LCE Headers

Other Stuff:
- Ext. SS Brake Lines (Rear)
- Diff Breather Mod
- WeatherTech Floor Liners
- Mudflaps Removed
- Coverking Seat Covers

OME Install:

I rode on stock UCA's w/ no top plate spacers for a month. I wanted more lift and better steering so I went back in and got it where it is today:

All-Pro Front IFS Skid:

Relocated Rear Diff Breather:

1.25 All-Pro wheel spacers on stock tires:

Before Wheel Spacers:

(Sorry, best angle I had)

All-Pro U-Bolt Flip Kit:

Stock bump stops on All-Pro U-Bolt Flip:

I replaced this:

With this:

Way beefier.

LCE Headers:

Volant CAI w/Ram Air (Retired):

Lower idle RPM, cool sound, MAF calibrator coming soon.

FOR SALE!

I know my truck is nothing special, but I hope you enjoy!
Old 07-18-2011, 09:21 PM   #2
weazle has a spectacular aura aboutweazle has a spectacular aura aboutweazle has a spectacular aura about

Name: Wesley
weazle's Tacoma Gallery
I say debadged. And how do you like the air intake?
Old 07-18-2011, 11:57 PM   #3
06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kenney
06rubi's Tacoma Gallery
Holy cow did it take you a long time to put the lift on! Bet you were glad when you were done. I had some issues with the rear break lines too. Toyota has different line for left and right sides and most extended lines are both the same. Nothing a dremmel can't fix but it sucks trying to figure it out with brake fluid running down your arms!
Old 07-19-2011, 12:56 PM   #4
tacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shed
my lines went in fine, also they both seemed the same (though I didn't really take a good look at them)

and yeah man, I was up until 2 one night doing the rear. I started it about 4 o'clock thinking it would only take a few hours but it was a bitch!

and I'm thinking the same thing, maybe just leaving the rear tacoma emblem. I want to use the toyota to put in the bottom right corner of my grill when I satoshi it
Old 07-19-2011, 12:57 PM   #5
oh and about the intake. like I said the most I got out of it was the sound letting me know its there.. haha
Old 08-06-2011, 11:35 AM   #6
I got my Light Racing UCA's from Metaltech 4x4 in the other day, group buy price was hard to beat, plus I wanted my steering to stiffen up a bit after the lift.

Also after looking at my truck for the past month I've decided to put on the top plate spacers that came with my OME suspension lift to level it out a bit more.

Oh, and of course I've gotta have some way to lure a buddy over to help me.. I figured a bottle of Maker's Mark would do the trick

Wheels and tires are coming soon!
Old 08-06-2011, 01:14 PM   #7
Got the top plate spacers in no problem.

I just loosened the lower control arm (I guess that's what it is called?) then took out the bolts that connected it to the steering knuckle. After that I took out the three bolts that hold the top of the coilover in, then slid in the top plate spacer and bolted it all back up.

btw the reason I painted it black is so it would look neat.
Old 08-06-2011, 01:15 PM   #8
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
diggin the bottle of makers.
Old 08-06-2011, 08:33 PM   #9
PICS!

Old 08-09-2011, 05:04 PM   #10
The LR UCA's are great. I got it aligned today and it drives great. I also just ordered 1.25" wheel spacers for the front and rear, and a U-bolt flip kit from All-Pro Offroad

Can't wait to get them! The overall stance is gonna be perfect with the wheel spacers.
Old 08-09-2011, 05:13 PM   #11
Hope you can run faster than 965 FPS
TonkaToyTaco has much to be proud ofTonkaToyTaco has much to be proud ofTonkaToyTaco has much to be proud ofTonkaToyTaco has much to be proud ofTonkaToyTaco has much to be proud ofTonkaToyTaco has much to be proud ofTonkaToyTaco has much to be proud ofTonkaToyTaco has much to be proud ofTonkaToyTaco has much to be proud ofTonkaToyTaco has much to be proud of

Law Enforcement: Sharpshooter
Name: Louie
TonkaToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomalex View Post
Ok, let's start off with the day I brought her home.

2011 SR5 Access Cab I4 4x4 in Pyrite Mica.
The first thing I put in was a K&N Cold Air Intake.

I'd say very, very, very slight increase in HP, torque and MPG, nothing really noteable though. Main thing I got from it is a nice err, roar? (coming from a 4 banger..) above 3k rpm's.

Lately I've been trying to get the OEM foglights I got from blueyota wired up. I planned on using a cheap switch and wires from Autozone, but after reading a few write-ups I decided to order an OEM switch to make it look factory. So right now they're sitting in my bumper being useless

A week ago I started my install on an Old Man Emu suspension lift I ordered from toyteclifts.com. I had no idea what I was getting into..

The front took a good 7 hours with a friend. Not as much grunting and hammering as the rear, but it still was a PITA. Here it is all done.

Now the rear took a good 10 hours.. The extended brake lines were somewhat tedious, though the easiest part of the whole thing. The AAL's weren't too bad, but getting them back in SUCKED! Had to call in another friend to help with that. Finally the new shocks just took a good bit of manipulation before they were in place. Here it is all done.

I'll be honest.. The ride with stock UCA's isn't noticeable different, though I do have some LR UCA's on the way, and I will install them just to see how they do.

As of right now my first priority is new wheels and bigger tires! I like the way it sits right now, I didn't use the top plate spacers for the front, as I wanted some rake, here it is on stock tires.

My driveway is a bit unlevel, and my truck is dirty, but I hope you all don't mind.. Here's a bit of flex today as I was lookin' for some trails around my area to hit up. (never been wheeling before so I was scared to go any furthur.

I'll keep this updated as I work on my truck! New wheels and tires should be on in the next month, after that.. Who knows!

Future mods:
Satoshi
U-Bolt Flip Kit
Sliders
Sockmonkey Decals
Wheel spacers

I know my truck is nothing special.. but I hope you all enjoy!
How much lift did it end up giving you?
Old 08-11-2011, 05:06 PM   #12
well at first I didn't use the spacers, up front I got right around 2 inches, in the rear just under 3. after I put in the spacers though I have about an inch of rake. pretty much level. I'll post a pic on a level surface.
Old 08-11-2011, 05:18 PM   #13

This is how she sits right now.
Old 08-17-2011, 01:01 PM   #14
In the next few days I will be:

-greasing everything (ball joints, zerks, stuff I think could use some more grease)
-installing wheel spacers, u-bolt flip kit
-doing the diff breather mod

and today I will be washing the puke that somehow got on the side of my truck?
I was at a party last night and I now realized I shouldn't have taken the closest parking spot to the house..
Old 08-17-2011, 01:07 PM   #15
Hiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hiatt
Hiatt1991's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Hiatt1991
I know its overrated, but black rims would look killer on this truck!
Old 08-17-2011, 03:22 PM   #16
Oh I plan on it. I've been shopping around looking at different sets, but it will be a while till I can afford a new wheel and tire set up. It may end up being a Christmas present to myself!

Personally I would love to have a set of the Matte Black Konig Countersteer Offroads.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:43 PM   #17
the state is on a distinguished road
the state's Tacoma Gallery
dude where r your tires/rims, cant wait to see it.
Old 10-14-2011, 03:25 PM   #18
Saving money right now for tires. I got some TRD sport wheels I'm gonna paint black to put the tires on. Also coming soon is 4x Innovation Sliders and some skids so I can hit the trails hard!
Old 10-15-2011, 02:29 PM   #19
Instead of posting a new thread I figured someone might help me here..

Where do I get a TacomaWorld.Com sticker? I would love to rep this site on my back window Someone help me out here!
Old 10-15-2011, 02:42 PM   #20
Thanks! I love the look and the ride IMO is better than stock. I do plan on upgrading the rear with an all pro 3 leaf AAL, heard it makes the ride alot better in the back.

If you ever plan on lifting yours I'd definitely recommend the OME lift and some LR UCA's. I can't wait for the new wheels, tires, and sliders. Wanna loan me 2000 bucks?