Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Lilfurr's growing second gen

Old 07-19-2011, 02:11 PM   #1
LILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Salty Basterd
Name: Mitch
LILFURR's Tacoma Gallery
Lilfurr's growing second gen

so i finally decided to do a build thread for the truck.
Specs:
2005 sr5 toyota tacoma
6spd manual 4.0l v6 4x4
45,000 miles
Mods:
6 inch fabtech w/ 1.25 inch spidertrax spacers rolling on 35 13.50 r18 nitto dune grapplers mounted on weld evo velocity 6 forged aluminum wheels
bhlm w/ red tinted corner piece
grill craft grill insert
black grill and black eyelids
tinted fog lights
browning seat cover(present from the girlfriend)
custom shifter
daytime running light mod
k&n cold air intake

Here's her still sitting in the lot

freshly cleaned after lift install

bhlm and tinted fog lights

dirty but the grill and eyelids

the chrome failed so i got my wheels powder coated

the red tinted corner piece in the bhlm, unfortunately its not seated all the way

custom shifter knob

seat covers and the ol pups leash

poser pic in the parking lot lol

and i have a 3 inch pa body lift on the way w/ gap gaurds

Future plans:
n-fab wheel to wheel nerf bars
custom front and rear bumper(fab'd by my brother)
pioneer deck
cb radio
banks monster exhaust and doug thorley headers
alcan leaf packet and custom walker evans racing coilovers
total chaos uca's
38x14.50r17 toyo open country m/t on black mickey thompson classic locks with red bead ring
5.13 gears

Far future plans:
super charger
and sas on 46 inch claws
Old 07-19-2011, 06:03 PM   #2
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck! In my opinion, you should color match the eye lids and grill to red.

Looks great on the black wheels!
Old 07-19-2011, 06:36 PM   #3
FF4RC5
08FireRescueTaco is on a distinguished road

Firefighter: Volunteer FireFighter
Name: Hunter
08FireRescueTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Hot damn nice truck. like the shifter HOKIES!!
Old 07-19-2011, 08:01 PM   #4
Don't Tread On Me
08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of

Navy: US NAVY SEABEE CONSTRUCTION MECHANIC
Name: Adam
08PRELB's Tacoma Gallery
Nice build! Personally I would black out the rear bumper I think it would go well with your truck.
Old 07-19-2011, 08:05 PM   #5
CrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tacoma889
CrAiG's Tacoma Gallery
really nice built man
i like it cant wait to see all your future plans all the way done
Old 07-20-2011, 03:45 AM   #6
LILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LILFURR's Tacoma Gallery
thanks guys i appreciate it, the color matched eyelids and grill is soon to come i just couldnt afford it at the time and i couldnt stand watching the parts sit in my garage lol, and once my brother is finished fabbing up the rear bumper its getting powder coated black, i couldnt bring myself to doing anything with the stock bumper when its just getting replaced you know... and thanks about the shifter HOKIES all the way, maybe i should name my truck the maroon effect lol
Old 07-20-2011, 06:19 PM   #7

LILFURR's Tacoma Gallery
probly gonna use my tax returns on 38s and gears so next january time frame for now the plan is n-fabs then alcans then coils and shocks. and i already have 2 dana 60's at my house in va that i biult up for my old 4runner before i totaled it for when i do the sas
Old 07-21-2011, 11:33 AM   #8
Take your flame, ignite the world!!!!
04taco2wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed04taco2wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed04taco2wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed04taco2wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed04taco2wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed04taco2wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed04taco2wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed04taco2wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed04taco2wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed04taco2wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed04taco2wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colby
04taco2wd's Tacoma Gallery
Old 07-21-2011, 11:52 AM   #9

LILFURR's Tacoma Gallery
body lift is sitting in the work garage im startin to itch, only a few more hours then im off and its time to start working on it
Old 07-21-2011, 12:00 PM   #10

LILFURR's Tacoma Gallery
i thought they did, thats what i was lookin at up at my buddies shop but im not a 100 percent sure i could be looking at the wrong ones. i have decent knowledge with lift and alot of other stuff but gears i leave to the pros lol
Old 07-21-2011, 12:06 PM   #11

LILFURR's Tacoma Gallery
who knows ill try and do some research once im done putting the bodylift on and ill see what i can find
Old 07-24-2011, 07:28 PM   #12

LILFURR's Tacoma Gallery
here she is before the body lift

and after the body lift is just on the bed

and then on all the way around( sorry for the night pics)

From the front of the truck

It got late and the mosquitoes were ridiculous so I called it quits, I've only gotten the lift on and put the interior back together I haven't brought up the bumpers hitch or radiator or re-hooked up the steering and put the gap guards on yet so ill do that tomorrow and post up some completely finished pictures. the frame looks hideous under the cab but once I get it painted up and the n-fab nerf bars on I think it'll look ok, and I'm skying the 35x13.50s so I'm happy for now
Old 07-26-2011, 06:35 PM   #13

LILFURR's Tacoma Gallery
the body lift is complete with the exception of putting on the gap guards and bringing up the rear bumper, ill do it next week when i get back from work

cute little ranger

Old 07-26-2011, 06:41 PM   #14
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Wouldn't it have been easier to just replace your struts and coils? Add a leaf in the rear?

Would have an added 3 inches of lift with your drop bracket for a 9 inch lift and dramatically improved your ride.

Now you are riding on a drop bracket, worn out stock struts, body lift. I hope you don't ever have to take it on the highway!!
Old 07-26-2011, 07:02 PM   #15

LILFURR's Tacoma Gallery
Thats what I could've done for the coils but I already have aal in the rear and blocks, when I do the rear I want to do it right with an alcan leaf pack, just didnt have the money to do suspension right now, and yep about once every two weeks I go bout 260 miles back home to VA 1 way then 260 back 2 to 3 days later