Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

AG's "gonna take a while" build

Old 07-22-2011, 12:22 PM   #1
Damaged Goods
ag4892 is one of the sharper tools in the shedag4892 is one of the sharper tools in the shedag4892 is one of the sharper tools in the shedag4892 is one of the sharper tools in the shedag4892 is one of the sharper tools in the shedag4892 is one of the sharper tools in the shedag4892 is one of the sharper tools in the shedag4892 is one of the sharper tools in the shedag4892 is one of the sharper tools in the shedag4892 is one of the sharper tools in the shedag4892 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
ag4892's Tacoma Gallery
AG's "gonna take a while" build

Thought I'd start listing the stuff I've done, before I forget:

Suspension
Front
Extended Icon 2.5 adjustable coilovers
Light Racing Upper control arms

Rear
Dakar leaf springs
Wheeler bump stops
2.5 Kings with Res
U-bolt flip

Armor
Brute Force Rear Bumper
Pelfreybilt IFS and Mid skids
BAMF Sliders, Rear diff skid and LCA skids

MISC
285/75 16R Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ
16x8 SCS wheels 4.5 bs
Softopper
high lift Jack
ARB Twin Compressor
Oil catch can
Blue sea fuse box with 100amp fuse and relay

and other stuff
|
|
V

This is Taco #2 for me, first one I was an '05 DCSB Pre-runner, OR pkg that I did no modding to and did a few trails that I souldnt have, but got through them anyway.

Got stuck one time and my wife, who isnt a truck fan, said,"well why didnt you get a 4 wheel drive?" I took that as "you need to go get a new truck with 4 Wheel drive, as soon as we get home!", she doesnt remember it like that.

FIRST YEAR

So I got a '11 DCLB (needed more room to haul outing gear) 4x4 no pkg, figured I would do the mods I wanted this time:
Basic Truck

How it sits now-It has about a 2" lift in front and over 3" in the back

Added 2 D rings into the back corners.
Added guage pods and a temp guage. (I found out about TW when trying to fix my temp guage on the '05, didnt get one on the '11) also was looking at scan guage and ultra, didnt like the design but found the Ecometer for about 70 bucks. (edit- this can be a hazard with side curtain air bags, there is a risk of them flying out-at you!)

I like the way it looks:
http://www.digital-auto-gauges.com/p...-and-Cars.html
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ATM-9100/
http://www.gaugepods.com/toyota.html

Got the TSB done, gained 1.5 inches in the back, but I know it will settle
Fire ext (in case my friends Jeep catches on fire) and weathertechs (1st group buy)

Did the diff breather mod

SECOND YEAR
got Eibach springs today and 5100 set to 0"
11\1\11
As this is the first time I have ever dealt with suspension, I started simple and will try to do this myself.
Finally got them on. Did the work myself, following Chris 4X4s thread, not too bad, moving the sway bar out of the way was the key.

Installed my first piece o' armor BAMF diff
Wrangler Duratrac 265/75-16R
softopper installed

rerouted the exhaust

BAMF sliders
added some quick fists and a High-lift to the bed

Brute Force rear bumper
and Debadged

Third Year
Blacked out the wheels
Got my Homer grill and 20" light bar and BAMF grill mount

added BAMF LCA and PELFRYBILT IFS and Mid skids
redline struts

CB

Part II
Well, 3.5 years and 77K later, the TSB springs are frowning, and I have pushed the Billies to the max, Time for the next stage.
Installed LR UCAs and Extended Icons

Dakars, Wheelers bumps, Ubolt flip and 2.5 Kings w/res

Installed Firestick on back corner using BAMF mount
Installed M31 batttery in Pelfeybilt cage
and ARB twin compressor behind the rear seat

replaced the 20 year old radio shack CB, turns out it was causing feedback-age or not shielded enough
Replaced the Gas can cage with an AT cage.
New tires and Wheels

To do:
Front bumper, winch-Pelfrybilt
Trans skids
Shackle flip-I have it but I might wait on this, the rear is pretty high, if it dosent settle, I might remove a leaf then do the shakle flip.
upgrade OR lights
Old 07-22-2011, 12:24 PM   #2
More Cowbell!
VooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carter Ivey
VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
nice!!

Got a link for the gauges?? i like em!
Old 07-22-2011, 12:31 PM   #4
More Cowbell!
VooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carter Ivey
VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ag4892 View Post

would you say its pretty accurate??
Old 07-22-2011, 12:35 PM   #5
Hiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hiatt
Hiatt1991's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Hiatt1991
where did u get your guage pod?
Old 07-22-2011, 12:37 PM   #6
Damaged Goods
ag4892 is one of the sharper tools in the shedag4892 is one of the sharper tools in the shedag4892 is one of the sharper tools in the shedag4892 is one of the sharper tools in the shedag4892 is one of the sharper tools in the shedag4892 is one of the sharper tools in the shedag4892 is one of the sharper tools in the shedag4892 is one of the sharper tools in the shedag4892 is one of the sharper tools in the shedag4892 is one of the sharper tools in the shedag4892 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ag4892's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo View Post

would you say its pretty accurate??

It can be fine tuned, I got it within .3 mpg and stopped messing with it. So for me yes, it is always the same, never varies from that .3.
Old 07-22-2011, 12:43 PM   #8
Hiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hiatt
Hiatt1991's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Hiatt1991
how hard was it to mount? How did you wire the ecometer?
Old 07-22-2011, 12:50 PM   #9
Damaged Goods

ag4892's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiatt1991 View Post
how hard was it to mount? How did you wire the ecometer?
The pillar is very easy to remove and the ecometer plugs into the ODBC II plug under the dash- really easy. the temp gauge required an add a fuse and running the probe to an outside location, the whole thing took me about an hour (including the beer run).
Old 06-04-2012, 04:08 PM   #11
HRDTACO is a glorious beacon of lightHRDTACO is a glorious beacon of lightHRDTACO is a glorious beacon of lightHRDTACO is a glorious beacon of lightHRDTACO is a glorious beacon of lightHRDTACO is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Sean
HRDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
I am definately getting that gauge pod.. I want the ecometer definately... Think there is one for transmission temp that would be pretty useful
Old 07-21-2012, 09:38 AM   #12
Your NativeTaco is in the building
NativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
NativeTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I really like what you've done with your truck. I drive the same thing and have done a few of the same mods. I just bought a temp gauge/compass and hope I like it as much as you do your aftermarket gauges. What did they run you?
Old 01-05-2014, 10:55 AM   #14
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) & Air Force DoD contractor.
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
How are you mounting your Jerry cans?
Old 01-06-2014, 08:23 AM   #15
Damaged Goods

ag4892's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjboutin View Post
How are you mounting your Jerry cans?
For now the cage I bought is screwed into the bed with big washers on the underside. did 20 miles of washboard and they didn't come loose.

If you are talking about the blue water jugs, I use the large quick fist. 4 screws hold down the bottom and the upper is mounted on the rail
Old 01-20-2014, 12:42 PM   #17
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) & Air Force DoD contractor.
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ag4892 View Post
For now the cage I bought is screwed into the bed with big washers on the underside.
Curious as to where one might obtain these Jerry can cages.

I have two I need to mount.
Old 01-20-2014, 03:45 PM   #18
Damaged Goods

ag4892's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjboutin View Post
Curious as to where one might obtain these Jerry can cages.

I have two I need to mount.

Ah, i got cha.

the one I have is from http://www.okoffroad.com/stuff-gascan.htm

But I want to get a second one and was going to ditch the old one for this one From ATO http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/arm...-mounting.html: