Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

T-rev's StormTrooper Build

Old 07-23-2011, 12:11 PM   #1
T-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T-rev's Tacoma Gallery
T-rev's StormTrooper Build

How it sits 2/4/14:

Suspension:
Eibach/5100's @ 0.85"
1/4" Driver side lean spacer
TSB leafs w/ 5100's
Sway bar removed

Tires/Wheels:
17x9 KMC Enduro
285/70/17 Toyo AT2

Performance:
Flowmaster Super 44
AFE Stage 2 intake
Hawk Pads

Lighting:
Morimoto Mini D2S
Phillips 55W 5K HID
35W 5K Fogs
LED interior/exterior

Cosmetic:
Billet Satoshi Grill
Black hood scoop
X-runner Valence Cover
Sleeved Fog Lights
Debadged
Color matched tailgate handle
Color matched engine cover
Plasti-dip eyelids
Relocated horns
Relocated trailer harness

Misc:
Tailgate anti-theft mod
Ooga horn
Fog lights anytime

Future:
Total Chaos UCA's
Icon Ext Travel
Icon Rear Resi's
Icon Progressive AAL
Wheeler's Super Bumps
URD Maf Cal
Aero Turbine 2525
URD EL Headers
Old 07-23-2011, 12:14 PM   #2
More Cowbell!
VooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carter Ivey
VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
badass truck, love the sleeve on the fog lights!
Old 07-25-2011, 11:43 AM   #3
Don't Tread On Me
08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of

Navy: US NAVY SEABEE CONSTRUCTION MECHANIC
Name: Adam
08PRELB's Tacoma Gallery
Nice build man I love the color matched tail gate handle and the tinted tail lights I want to do both of these mods to mine.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:10 PM   #4
TacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gus
TacomaGus's Tacoma Gallery
That first picture you put up of tHe stock truck at Baeirl toyota in pittsburgh is my truck! Just bought it two months ago from them and that was one of the pictures on auto trader/cars.com haha. So weird to see that
Old 07-29-2011, 10:15 AM   #5
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Its about time you started one of these!!
Old 07-30-2011, 12:56 PM   #7
T-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T-rev's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo View Post
badass truck, love the sleeve on the fog lights!
Thanks! The sleeved fogs are one of my favorite mods, it definitely pulls the BHLM and fogs together IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08PRELB View Post
Nice build man I love the color matched tail gate handle and the tinted tail lights I want to do both of these mods to mine.
Thanks, the Sports come with all color matched accents; they should come with a color matched tail gate handle too haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaGus View Post
That first picture you put up of tHe stock truck at Baeirl toyota in pittsburgh is my truck! Just bought it two months ago from them and that was one of the pictures on auto trader/cars.com haha. So weird to see that
Haha that's awesome! I just Google searched for a stock picture and pulled that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
Its about time you started one of these!!
Yeah I know, I have been meaning to get around to making one of these and finally got some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrocafella View Post
love the exhaust dump with the black tip! hows the ride with the spacers and blocks? close to stock?
Yeah I really enjoy the dumped exhaust with the black tip. I could see where exhaust was cut in the wheel well and decided to make it look like it was manufactured that way.

With the spacers and blocks it rode alright. It was stiffer than stock in the front but not not horrible for road use, the rear was not affected by the blocks IMO. I have been getting into going out and wheeling a bit so I recently upgraded to Eibachs/5100's and I love it.
Old 09-05-2011, 12:10 PM   #8
blah blah blah
inesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

inesshell's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to inesshell
how much did that valence run ya at the stealership?
Old 09-07-2011, 06:02 PM   #9

T-rev's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by inesshell View Post
how much did that valence run ya at the stealership?
Not too much. Around $80 with the hardware.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:18 PM   #10
blah blah blah
inesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

inesshell's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to inesshell
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-rev View Post
Not too much. Around $80 with the hardware.
oh not bad. might stop by mine now to see what they are asking.
Old 09-09-2011, 03:59 AM   #11
GO TIGERS!
holyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
holyfield19's Tacoma Gallery
offset on wheels

i am trying to get 18"x9" xd monsters to fit under my sport with 285/65/18's as well. i have the spacer lift also. i was wondering what offset you had on those atx thugs, and if you had to do any choping on your cab mounts or fenders?
Old 09-09-2011, 08:30 AM   #12

T-rev's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by holyfield19 View Post
i am trying to get 18"x9" xd monsters to fit under my sport with 285/65/18's as well. i have the spacer lift also. i was wondering what offset you had on those atx thugs, and if you had to do any choping on your cab mounts or fenders?
I don't recall the offset, I can a look though and let you know.

I had to do a bunch of cutting in the fenders but not the cab mount chop. It still rubbed the fenders after cutting though.
Old 09-09-2011, 12:12 PM   #13
GO TIGERS!
holyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
holyfield19's Tacoma Gallery
the guy i was going to order my wheels from told me to go with a -12. the wheels i want come in -12, or +18. i don't know what would be better. i believe the stock wheels ar +33. with the mickeys i have now i have a good bit o clearance to the UCA but i am pretty close to the fender and cab mounts. i wonder if i could get away with the +18, but then again 285/65/18 on a 18x9" is a whole different animal.
Old 09-09-2011, 03:29 PM   #14

T-rev's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
the guy i was going to order my wheels from told me to go with a -12. the wheels i want come in -12, or +18. i don't know what would be better. i believe the stock wheels ar +33. with the mickeys i have now i have a good bit o clearance to the UCA but i am pretty close to the fender and cab mounts. i wonder if i could get away with the +18, but then again 285/65/18 on a 18x9" is a whole different animal.
-12 offset is what I have.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:53 PM   #17

T-rev's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
what do you consider "a bunch of cutting" in th efender wells.
I cut out a reasonable amount of the black lining in the wheel well and a bit of the fender. No rubbing on the UCA's though.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:14 AM   #18

T-rev's Tacoma Gallery
Just finished with my Retrofit, hoping to get updated pictures by this weekend.
Old 02-08-2012, 01:27 PM   #19

T-rev's Tacoma Gallery
Added some pictures of some of my progress finally. I'll update with pictures of all my mods this weekend.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:54 AM   #20
Shack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lane
Shack's Tacoma Gallery
Really nice build.

Kind of a random question. The ATX thugs that I have seen in person look kind of grey in color. The ones is your picture look more flat black. What do you think?