Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Cogge89's (Justin's) SWB DCLB Build.

Old 08-03-2011, 08:02 PM   #1
Cogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Justin
Cogge89's Tacoma Gallery
Cogge89's (Justin's) SWB DCLB Build.

Currently:

More Current Pictures At The Bottom.

Specs:
--------------------
Front:
OME 90000 NitroCharger Sport Shocks.
OME 885x Coils.
OME 5mm Trim Packer.
Light Racing UCAs.

Rear:
OME N182 NitroCharger Rear Shocks.
2.75" Dakar Leaf Pack.
OME Driveline Carrier Bearing Drop Kit.

Tires/Wheels:
265/70/17 Goodyear Duratracs on stock TRD Sport rims.

Sound:
Pioneer AVH-P4100DVD.
Kicker ZX400.1 Amp.
Kicker CVT 10" Sub.

Misc:
Engine Cover Paint.
UltraGauge.

To Come:
Sliders.
Wheels.

I purchased the truck new on May 28th, 2009 at Saint John Toyota.

My first mod was a new sound system.

I decided to add a small lift. I took the common Bilstein 5100 route.
They were originally set to 0.85", with the TSB rear leaf pack. I also added Weathertech Floormats, and an UltraGauge.

I decided to paint my engine cover using the DIYs here on the site.
It came out decent for my first mod.

I wasn't really happy with the height. Shortly after, I decided to bump them up to 1.75", and put some Firestone Ride-Rite Airbags on.
I also replaced the stock tires with 265/70/17 Duratracs. Love the looks of these tires!

Next up was a custom made Sockmonkey decal for the rear window. I took one of his designs, and asked him to modify the size, and color scheme. He did an excellent job!

After tons of searching, reading, and an amazing Metaltech 4x4 UCA group buy, I decided to go with the full OME lift purchased from Wheelers Offroad.
There also may have been some drooling over OZ-T's truck.

And finally... The carnage of an impulse buyer ...
Old 08-03-2011, 08:13 PM   #2
Cogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Cogge89's Tacoma Gallery
More Current Photos:

Added Garmin 2555LMT GPS:

Old 08-04-2011, 07:20 AM   #3
Tacomagolfing is on a distinguished road
Name: Jackson
Tacomagolfing's Tacoma Gallery
Man, your pictorial biography made me hurt. But in a good way. Nice everything!!! It great you captured it.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:51 AM   #4
Wannabe crawler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome setup man!
Old 08-19-2011, 11:15 AM   #5

Firefighter:
Cogge89's Tacoma Gallery
Bump for new pictures on the second post.
Old 08-21-2011, 06:25 PM   #6
SAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kelly
SAIRS's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good.

Three questions for you.

1. Have you considered debadging or putting black plasti-dip on the badges? I think the SWB's look even better with the black badges.

2. I've had my eyes set on the Toytec Ultimate Lift with the Dakkar leaf springs. What made you go with the OME?

3. What wheels are you thinking about getting?
Old 08-21-2011, 07:37 PM   #7

Firefighter:
Cogge89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAIRS View Post
Looks good.

Three questions for you.

1. Have you considered debadging or putting black plasti-dip on the badges? I think the SWB's look even better with the black badges.

2. I've had my eyes set on the Toytec Ultimate Lift with the Dakkar leaf springs. What made you go with the OME?

I love the idea of blacked out badges, but I havn't done it because I think my stock rims would look like misfits. Eventually, I also plan to paint that front skid black. But as it is now, the wheels, badges, and front skid kind of compliment each other.

Couple reasons really..
1. After years of reading this forum, I have yet to hear any substantially bad things about OME and their kits. I found the name always popping up, with great reviews.
2. I also was already running the Bilstein 5100s (6k miles), and wasn't satisfied with them at all. I'm not really sure of a particular reason, they just were not doing it for me.
3. Toytec is a lovely company, I myself have ordered a few things there, and maybe would again in the future. I found their shipping quite high on some of the smaller products (1/4" spacer I bought to be exact). I realize that on the ULK the shipping balances out, but it just left a sour taste in my mouth. I have had great service from Wheelers Offroad, and wanted to do business there again.
4. And finally, OZ-T's build thread was the final convincing I needed. He had the exact look, rake etc I wanted, so I went with it.
Oh, and I like the yellow shock with the SWB

I've been scouring the forum for pictures to help me decide. I havn't really found anything that sticks out as a must have, but I've been looking at the KMC XD Revolvers, and Cranks.

Hope I answered everything
XD Revolver

XD Crank
Old 08-28-2011, 06:58 PM   #9
JAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JAG's Tacoma Gallery
nice truck! one question. why didn't you leave your air-rites on?
Old 08-28-2011, 07:33 PM   #10

Firefighter:
Cogge89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
nice truck! one question. why didn't you leave your air-rites on?
Well, the shop told them they wouldn't work with the height of those leaf packs. However, I have read some people using them with the packs, so I don't think it's quite true. I don't tow, or haul anything these packs can't handle, so I don't mind them gone.
Old 08-29-2011, 06:27 PM   #12
JAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JAG's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogge89 View Post
Well, the shop told them they wouldn't work with the height of those leaf packs. However, I have read some people using them with the packs, so I don't think it's quite true. I don't tow, or haul anything these packs can't handle, so I don't mind them gone.
oh i gotcha. yeah i just ordered some air rites. i heard you could order spacers for them if they won't reach fit right. Im pretty stoked about getting them on. I pull a trailer a lot and load up my bed. My front has the 3 inch lift and back is only 1 inch spacer and tsb so i am broooo'd out when i haul. lol

Truck looks awesome man!
Old 09-03-2011, 07:58 PM   #13
SAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kelly
SAIRS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I love the idea of blacked out badges, but I havn't done it because I think my stock rims would look like misfits. Eventually, I also plan to paint that front skid black. But as it is now, the wheels, badges, and front skid kind of compliment each other.

Couple reasons really..
1. After years of reading this forum, I have yet to hear any substantially bad things about OME and their kits. I found the name always popping up, with great reviews.
2. I also was already running the Bilstein 5100s (6k miles), and wasn't satisfied with them at all. I'm not really sure of a particular reason, they just were not doing it for me.
3. Toytec is a lovely company, I myself have ordered a few things there, and maybe would again in the future. I found their shipping quite high on some of the smaller products (1/4" spacer I bought to be exact). I realize that on the ULK the shipping balances out, but it just left a sour taste in my mouth. I have had great service from Wheelers Offroad, and wanted to do business there again.
4. And finally, OZ-T's build thread was the final convincing I needed. He had the exact look, rake etc I wanted, so I went with it.
Oh, and I like the yellow shock with the SWB

I've been scouring the forum for pictures to help me decide. I havn't really found anything that sticks out as a must have, but I've been looking at the KMC XD Revolvers, and Cranks.

Hope I answered everything
XD Revolver

XD Crank
Good selection on the Wheels. I am also a fan of the Monsters, but they are getting more common now. I will pick up a 2012 tacoma with your configuration, but with Super White. I am going to go with the Cranks. Revolvers work too since you dont see them that often.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:00 PM   #14
Go Jets GO!!!!!!
DigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud of

Firefighter: Firefighter, WFD, E13, L13, W131/2
DigB's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice!!! I have an 08 Rad Red DCLB and you have the exact look I'm going for! I'm just wondering how much the OME Setup set you back? did you do the work yourself or did you get a shop to do it? Hows the ride? Any driveline issues? Sorry for the 20 questions, just want to make sure I get the right lift/tire combo and I really like yours!
Old 09-07-2011, 05:58 AM   #15

Firefighter:
Cogge89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigB View Post
Very nice!!! I have an 08 Rad Red DCLB and you have the exact look I'm going for! I'm just wondering how much the OME Setup set you back? did you do the work yourself or did you get a shop to do it? Hows the ride? Any driveline issues? Sorry for the 20 questions, just want to make sure I get the right lift/tire combo and I really like yours!
I got the lift from Wheelers Offroad for $1110, and I believe the shipping was $200. The upper control arms came from Metaltech 4x4 for $375. I had a shop do the work, I'm not good at that kind of stuff, haha! As far as ride goes, I absolutely love it. It of course is a little bit stiffer than stock, but rides great. No driveline issues (kit comes with driveline drop), to be honest, I had more vibes with my 5100s and airbags than I do now.

If you like this look, check out OZ-T's build thread if you havn't. His pictures sold me on the lift. I definitely would recommend this kit, and Wheelers Offroad as a vendor to anyone.
Old 09-07-2011, 08:07 AM   #16
Go Jets GO!!!!!!
DigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud of

Firefighter: Firefighter, WFD, E13, L13, W131/2
DigB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I got the lift from Wheelers Offroad for $1110, and I believe the shipping was $200. The upper control arms came from Metaltech 4x4 for $375. I had a shop do the work, I'm not good at that kind of stuff, haha! As far as ride goes, I absolutely love it. It of course is a little bit stiffer than stock, but rides great. No driveline issues (kit comes with driveline drop), to be honest, I had more vibes with my 5100s and airbags than I do now.

If you like this look, check out OZ-T's build thread if you havn't. His pictures sold me on the lift. I definitely would recommend this kit, and Wheelers Offroad as a vendor to anyone.

Thanks, I'll check it out!
Old 09-07-2011, 07:55 PM   #17
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
Truck looks clean. I like your OEM setup. When i leave college and make some money thats the look i'll be going for!

Thanks Oz and Cooge
Old 11-12-2011, 07:13 PM   #19

Firefighter:
Cogge89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben C View Post
Sweet Rig
How are you liking the Duratracs? Are you running any kind of wheel spacers?
Love the Duratracs! I basically went with them for looks alone, but they handle very nice, are not loud and great in the winter.

No wheel spacers. I would like to set my tires out a tiny bit, but will probably do it with a new set of wheels instead of spacers. Can't totally make up my mind if I want to go an an all black wheel or a black/chrome design.