Panther's Build

Old 08-08-2011, 08:06 PM   #1
Gecko Breeder
Panther has a spectacular aura aboutPanther has a spectacular aura about

Name: Kai
Panther's Tacoma Gallery
Panther's Build

Despite being a poor college student, I have some plans for this one

I picked her up 2 months ago (kind of a steal for $14,500 and only 86,000 miles!). She came with a tonneau cover and running boards, both of which are off now. The tonneau cover wasn't on in this picture because of the kayaks. Right before hitting the dirt roads in Maine, and pretty much how I got her

Then we went camping and off roading a little bit. It was dark while we were looking for a place to set up camp, and when we pulled in, I ran over a stump which dented my skid plate and took off the plastic power hitch thing by the tow hitch Showing the jacked up skid plate:

Since then, I've taken the mudflaps off, thrown a GrillCraft billet set on and done the fog light mod. Both the tonneau cover and running boards have been passed on.

I did the BHLM mod last weekend, which looks awesome now! When I got it, there had been some damage to the passenger side headlight, so I Gorilla glued the plastic arms for the bolts on after, just to make sure the glue that had been used to fix them wasn't impaired. There's a little tilt to the headlight, but I'm planning on getting new Halos at some point anyway. I decided to wash the plastic lens when it was apart, then I used a hairdryer to clean it off, but I didn't get it dry enough so there's a little fogginess in one of them. It's been definitely decreasing, since I pop a bulb or two out after driving to work while the engine's hot, and then sometimes just using the blow dryer to get some air in there. I think they look better than the big stock eyes, especially next to the sleek billet.

I decided to deal with the skid plate, so I took it off and hammered it back into it's original shape as best I could. Primed it, painted it red, decided I didn't like it, sanded it off, re-primed it, and ended up with this:

Heh, if anyone wants some custom painted skid plates or whatever for a small donation to my future modifications....

Today I got the windows tinted and threw the skid plate on, so more photos to come!

Future stuff:
- Cold Air Intake
- Suspension Lift - something under 3" I think
- Wheels - I was thinking Raceline Raptors and BFG's
- Magnaflow exhaust

Closer future stuff
- Painted bumper valance
- refinish the stock rims for now, they're bubbling.
- Seat covers because my girlfriend likes chocolate, which doesn't match grey seats.

Let me know your thoughts!
Old 08-28-2011, 10:00 AM   #2
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
so let me get this straight.....you made your build thread 2-3 weeks ago n not one comment??? thats messed up lol

nice truck. cant wait to see the next step in mods
Old 08-28-2011, 11:12 AM   #3
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
:O nice truck! im getting satoshi done to mine as well! i think it's gonna turn out great
Old 01-12-2012, 10:53 PM   #4
instagram: ATC510
sytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Infantry
Name: Alex
sytfu510's Tacoma Gallery
pretty cool what you did with the skid. Good work.
Old 01-18-2012, 01:12 PM   #5
Gecko Breeder

Panther's Tacoma Gallery
The most recent update:

I was driving home from lab around midnight on Tuesday (1/17) during our snowstorm. It wasn't snowing all that bad, but since it wasn't supposed to, no one was plowing or throwing salt down. I was driving slow up the hill on Rt. 2, coming out of Cambridge toward Arlington in 4WD in the far right lane, and managed to hit a patch of ice. I spun across three lanes and hit the center guard rail. The air bag deployed, I called 911, and they didn't send an ambulance, just a state trooper, despite me saying I was confused and my head hurt (smh).

I checked it out yesterday, and it looks mainly like cosmetic damage, or so I'm hoping. I'd hate to lose the truck since I haven't even had it for a year yet! Anyway, here's her 'Scarred' snap shot.

Fml.
Old 01-18-2012, 01:22 PM   #6
ffbartlett is on a distinguished road

ffbartlett's Tacoma Gallery
Dang! glad u r ok brother.
Old 01-18-2012, 02:27 PM   #7
The White Knight
Eagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant future

Name: AJ
Eagledynasty's Tacoma Gallery
Oh noooooo. I just got my new headlights a day ago I was going to see if you wanted to do a swap and take my OEM's off me. Sorry for the accident man.... Hope its not totaled. Good luck with repairs if it isnt
Old 01-18-2012, 02:50 PM   #9
The White Knight
Eagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregLee98 View Post
Damn, that sucks. Like the BHLM, just not confident to do it to mine.
X2. So i bought mine for pretty cheap
Old 01-18-2012, 03:21 PM   #10
Gecko Breeder

Panther's Tacoma Gallery
BHLM is pretty easy, the biggest thing you gotta be careful with is scratching the lenses. I suggest sticking them in the oven on a tray with a wet sham on it, preferably two. It's all about patience

I think they're gonna let me know either way by tomorrow. Just sucks about the awesome Grillecraft, it looks pretty dead to me.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:07 PM   #12
Gecko Breeder

Panther's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe I could do yours for you next time I'm in the NYC area - probably in a month or so.

Just got the auto appraisal - $8,415.31

Most of it is just body work, except the radiator, radiator support, crush bar/bumper reinforcement, and the front crossmember. Not too bad, actually. Only thing that sucks, is the car I was borrowing died from a bad serp belt/hose to the radiator and I had to have it towed. Maybe this is God's way of telling me something... hell if I know what it is though
Old 01-21-2012, 06:37 AM   #14
focotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

focotacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Glad your ok, hows the weather out there heading back tomorrow for 2nd semester!
Old 01-21-2012, 10:56 AM   #15
Gecko Breeder

Panther's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by focotacoma View Post
Glad your ok, hows the weather out there heading back tomorrow for 2nd semester!
Lol snowing for the third time this year, and none of the roads are cleared all too well. Are you driving up? And where do you go? I'm at Tufts in Medford/Somerville.
Old 01-21-2012, 02:35 PM   #16
The White Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther View Post
Lol snowing for the third time this year, and none of the roads are cleared all too well. Are you driving up? And where do you go? I'm at Tufts in Medford/Somerville.
Tufts is niceeee you must be smart! I'm at assumption college!
Old 01-21-2012, 02:42 PM   #17
Epic Member
tvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
tvbd56's Tacoma Gallery
I didn't think it would be that expensive!!!
Old 01-21-2012, 08:33 PM   #18
Mikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant future

Name: Mike
Mikehole's Tacoma Gallery
Sad news about the truck. Glad you're ok, though.
Old 01-23-2012, 01:12 PM   #19
focotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

focotacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther View Post
I go to Harvard and yeah I drove out from CO
Old 01-23-2012, 01:16 PM   #20
The White Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by focotacoma View Post
I go to Harvard and yeah I drove out from CO
WOW. Nice school haha
Whats your major?