Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Whiteclouds Build Finally..........

Old 08-09-2011, 08:18 AM   #1
Cloudy-fabricator of things
Whitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Johnathan
Whitecloud's Tacoma Gallery
Whiteclouds Build Finally..........

So I guess it's finally time. Some things might be out of order but I'll try to keep it straight. Some projects are currently under construction but I'll put them up here and add the pics later. Yes alot of the pics are from another site but that is where the Build thread was first posted up.

So to start it's an '06 Doublecab long bed Sport that we bought with a Revtek Leveling Kit. Looked good when we bought it. Figuered I needed a truck that I could tow and haul stuff with.....plus always kinda wanted a Tacoma.

Then thanks to Alex from TacomaWorld and a flyer for a meet out in the Rio Puerco rediculously close to my house came my enrolment on TW.

Let the Mods begin........

Current Mods to date...in no perticular order

285-70-17 Treadwright Guard Dogs on the FJ wheels.
285-70-17 BFG KM2's. (Lobster13 has them now)
Painted engine cover.
Painted Radio surround.
Painted Center console.
Blacked out emblems and debadged.
Remounted badges on door and small Toyota logo on front grill.
Satoshi grill done by me with FJ Toyota logo. Logo broke thanks to a bird.
CB radio in the center console.
Center console Lock Mod.
BHLM.
Blue side marker lights. Changed to red as of Aug 2012
Fog Light anytime Mod.
Painted Sport wheels with road tires.
Painted FJ wheels with off-road tires.
Home made Front and rear tube bumper.
Home made weld-on sliders.
Blue sea Fuse Block with circuit breakers mounted in engine bay.
Horns moved and mounted below fuse block plate.
Fire extinguisher mounted behind rear drivers side seat.
Hella 500's mounted behind Satoshi on custom brackets.
Too much travel not enough shock length mod.
Rear diff breather relocation.
ProComp lights on front bumper.
ICON remote resovoir extended travel coilovers.
Rear Bumper with integrated CB mount.
Re-gear to 4.56 Nitro gears.
BAMF LCA skids (:woohoo: Moab 2012 Raffle).
Cold Air Intake (Thanks to Lobster13)
FreelanceFab Shackle Flip Kit.
Rock Lights, total of 8 under there.
Painted dash rings.
Spare half shaft for rear axle.
I'm sure I forgot some things as well Ill add them as I remember them

Now on to the PICS Enjoy......

Stock Truck and the freshly painted black wheels

Fuse block mounted with the horns underneath

WHOOPS

And still managed to haul rock on a busted shock......this is after we empited about half of it......

It is cause I kept doing this to the original rear shocks.......too much travel not enough shock......

New bumper coming together......... I'll get some pics of it on the truck this weekend when I go back and start to work on it again. Sorry for the crappy pics.

Added 3 tabs on the upper bar for the new lights I got from CBI Offroad.

Just ordered some of these a couple weeks back and they should be here this week.

That's it for now. Got some other projects planned as well but I'll keep you updated.
Old 08-09-2011, 10:55 PM   #2
Abron Cabron
NewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/Paramedic; Ski Patrol; River Guide
Name: Abraham
NewMexiTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Nice dude! way to motivate on the build thread. I need to make one too. I definitely need to do a couple of the mods you have done already... center console lock and diff breather are on my list fo sho. I am curious about the fuse block too, does that help with the offroad lights?
BTW pics didnt load...? I would love to see your bumpers and sliders, thats wicked. SO much freakin $$$ for armor. thats great you got it dialed for materials basically. that is the way to go!
Old 08-09-2011, 11:32 PM   #3
Whitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Let me know if you have any questions about any of the mods that I did and I will try to help you out. And there is a chance I might even be willing to make another bumper and some more sliders. Just let me know and it would also be cool to see you up at the meet as well.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:15 AM   #5
Wannabe crawler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoyota View Post
X2!!!
Old 08-10-2011, 07:18 AM   #6

Law Enforcement:
Hold on guys. I'll try to repost them today.
Old 08-10-2011, 11:18 AM   #7

Law Enforcement:
Check it out now. Are the pics there? They show up on my computer and on my phone. So if they don't show.........Mod can you help????
Old 08-13-2011, 04:44 AM   #8

Law Enforcement:
Bump
Old 08-14-2011, 06:13 AM   #9

Law Enforcement:
Update for everybody.........

New toys...........

Kinda like this look..........

Notice something different from stock?????????

Urban flexing...........

Old 08-26-2011, 12:33 AM   #10

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoridinhigh View Post
Nice John,

How's the ride compared to your Revtek

Just kidding.
Hahaha. They are absolutely amazing. The rears gotta go soon they kick really hard at speed.

Here is some more stuff for you all to gawk at for a little bit.

Getting the fronts in there.......

Stuffing the rear.....

View from the back.....

Best pic..........IMO.......look at that flex........
Old 08-26-2011, 06:10 PM   #11
Abron Cabron
NewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/Paramedic; Ski Patrol; River Guide
Name: Abraham
NewMexiTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitecloud View Post
Let me know if you have any questions about any of the mods that I did and I will try to help you out. And there is a chance I might even be willing to make another bumper and some more sliders. Just let me know and it would also be cool to see you up at the meet as well.
sorry bout the delay, I was up in Idaho for river trip.... That sounds great, I hope I can make it. I do have sliders built by Brute force, havent installed em yet. In fact they are oxidizing as we speak. they need to be sanded, painted and welded on. IDK if that will happen before the meet, cause I am working OT like a hoar out on central. not saying no to anything... lol....

btw trucks looking GOOD!!!
Old 08-26-2011, 06:12 PM   #12
"Old Timer," compliments of 11Taco2.7
rleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Master Sergeant, Training Superintendent, 67th Network Warfare Wing
Name: Bob
rleeharris's Tacoma Gallery
Great build! BTW, NewMexiTaco, love your truck too!
Old 08-26-2011, 06:44 PM   #13

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMexiTaco View Post
sorry bout the delay, I was up in Idaho for river trip.... That sounds great, I hope I can make it. I do have sliders built by Brute force, havent installed em yet. In fact they are oxidizing as we speak. they need to be sanded, painted and welded on. IDK if that will happen before the meet, cause I am working OT like a hoar out on central. not saying no to anything... lol....

btw trucks looking GOOD!!!
bring em down with our and we can see if we got some time to weld them up and ill get them on for you.
Old 11-10-2011, 07:54 AM   #14
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Stock UCA's? What did you set the Icons at? What did you have to do to get 285's in there when you had the revtecs?
Old 11-10-2011, 07:54 AM   #15
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Stock UCA's? What did you set the Icons at? What did you have to do to get 285's in there when you had the revtecs?

Edit.... sorry for double post.... definitely only pushed submit once, haha.
Old 11-12-2011, 03:41 AM   #16

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadderkdawg View Post
Lots of trimming with the Revteks but I still hqvent chopped the body mounts. And yep stock uca's. The Icons I will have to check but they are cranked up to about 1 3/4" ish on each side. I'll get a better measurement later today.
Old 03-04-2012, 06:00 AM   #17

Law Enforcement:
So to update this a bit. After the shocks I left the sway bar off and flexed it out a little... much better I would say.

Also managed to get a tire carrier built for the father in laws Jeep.

Spray on bedliner for the fenders after taking off the stock flares

Some new shoes

And getting ready to start on the new tubular rear bumper with swing away tire carrier.
Old 03-04-2012, 06:06 AM   #18

Law Enforcement:
Couple more I forgot about.
Adding switches for the new rock lights and whatever else I need to put in later.

Old 03-19-2012, 05:45 AM   #19

Law Enforcement:
Start to the high clearance rear bumper by cutting the hitch apart and flipping it over.........

Also got a truck tent for the Moab trip. Now the wife and I might go camping a bit more.....

Also painted a small part of the rocker panels above the sliders. I als otook off the fender flares and painted the actual fenders with the same spray on bedliner.

Old 03-19-2012, 06:18 AM   #20
Texas Taco
Oury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oury
Oury's Tacoma Gallery
looking good