Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

MGMTaco23's Build

Old 08-15-2011, 06:23 PM   #1
MGMTaco23 has a spectacular aura aboutMGMTaco23 has a spectacular aura about

MGMTaco23's Tacoma Gallery
MGMTaco23's Build

Here is the beginning to the never ending list of mods!!
Attached Thumbnails
MGMTaco23's Build-img_2418.jpg   MGMTaco23's Build-img_2420.jpg   MGMTaco23's Build-img_2421.jpg  
Old 08-15-2011, 07:11 PM   #3

Thanks man, can't wait to get this all installed.

Big thanks to Down South Motorsport's for getting this stuff to me super quick and for a good price!
Old 08-15-2011, 07:21 PM   #4
cummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cummins6speed's Tacoma Gallery
You spent the money on kings for the front and you are insulting the rear end with measly 5100's
Old 08-15-2011, 07:52 PM   #5

Haha yup. What else would I need back there for now? Mainly a daily driver.
Old 08-15-2011, 07:54 PM   #6
cummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cummins6speed's Tacoma Gallery
Im just giving you a hard time. What is the part numeber on your kings?
Old 08-15-2011, 07:58 PM   #7
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
i would not sleep till it was all installed...but thats just me
Old 08-15-2011, 08:06 PM   #8

i would not sleep till it was all installed...but thats just me

I know what you mean! I still need tires and stuff to do it all at once. Keep y'all posted.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:07 PM   #9
WTF
1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

1TUFFTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Badass! I have the icons and the tc's and 5100's in the rear and my rear end bottoms out like crazy !!! While the front just soaks it up
Old 08-15-2011, 08:09 PM   #10
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
You're gonna ruin your truck.

Should be a good time.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:11 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by cummins6speed View Post
Im just giving you a hard time. What is the part numeber on your kings?
I'm not with them now but I can always get that later. Just curious though, why?
Old 08-15-2011, 08:11 PM   #12
bskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bskin's Tacoma Gallery
How much lift are you going with in the back? I blew out a 5100 within a couple months.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:11 PM   #13
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
You're gonna ruin your truck.

Should be a good time.
X2...your gonna have vibrations http://youtu.be/-eSN8Cwit_s
Old 08-15-2011, 08:12 PM   #14
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGM View Post
X2...your gonna have vibrations
Easily fixable...with a little more money...like everything
Old 08-16-2011, 12:14 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGM View Post
X2...your gonna have vibrations http://youtu.be/-eSN8Cwit_s
Vibrations from what exactly?
Old 08-16-2011, 04:21 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTaco23 View Post
Vibrations from what exactly?
Good question. Have fun hunting 'em down
Old 08-16-2011, 12:03 PM   #17

After all the reading I've done on this setup I haven't seen a thing about vibrations. I've PM'd a few peeps and they have nothing but good things to say about the ride quality. What am I missing?
Old 08-16-2011, 12:29 PM   #18
TommyRoy is on a distinguished road
Name: Tommy
TommyRoy's Tacoma Gallery
Stoked for you! Im looking to get that exact setup while thinking about getting the 2.5 king shocks with resis in the rear instead of the 5100's! good choice though!!!! Now i just need to find 700$ more laying around to get the rears...
Old 08-16-2011, 04:27 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTaco23 View Post
After all the reading I've done on this setup I haven't seen a thing about vibrations. I've PM'd a few peeps and they have nothing but good things to say about the ride quality. What am I missing?
You're going to be altering the entire driveline configuration...SOMETHING is probably going to vibrate.

I wouldn't worry about it too much...it's mostly inconsequential, and you're going to get it with and vehicle you alter the suspension on.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:51 PM   #20

Ok, I'm no noob when it comes to suspension so I get that.. I was thinking that I over looked a known "flaw" with that set up I was installing. I get where your coming from though so I know what to expect. Like marky said, nothing but GOOD vibrations!!!

Should have this stuff installed with wheels and tires soon, keep a look out for some photo's...or google it.