Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Curt's (Shiftin2Sixth) Build

Old 08-15-2011, 09:56 PM   #1
I'm crackin eggs of wisdom
Shiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Curt (kūrt)
Shiftin2Sixth's Tacoma Gallery
Curt's (Shiftin2Sixth) Build

SOLD

I figured I've been here long enough that I should start a build. I'm always changing something so updates will be made often.

I got my 2006 new at Longo Toyota in Nov 2005. When I bought it it was 1 of only 2 double cab 6speed 4wds in white in California. I dont have any pictures of when I got it only pictures after having it about a year.

How it sits now
Out with the old in with the new

My first mods white grill and billet lower grill.

Then the BHLM and lund screen front (sorry for the small pic only one I got)

Grillcraft top and bottom and Sockmonkey badges

Powder coated my skid plate black and BFG ATs

Randy Ellis Light bar and Wheelers Steelies

Where I mounted the switches for the lights

Corolla/Matrix XR-S Shift Knob

Bed lights

Then I traded Hiatt wheels to go back to stock wheels and got DuraTrac 265/75s mounted

Got rid of those wheels for Gen 3 4Runner Wheels

I also got the mud flaps from Pepboys (forgot the name but they were type 7) and the fit like a glove. I like the look of mudflaps but hated the stock ones these are so much better.

My cousin (FooFightingFJ) and buddy out at Bell Mt.

Other mods I've done
DTRL mod (also come on with headlights)

Thanks Jerez for the gauge lights...http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...auge-swap.html

not pictured....
Map light mod (my map lights come on along with my dome light when I open the door)
Fog-light Anytime Mod
4WD switch light
JBL sub box with non JBL radio
CB antennae mount
JP "hook-ups" bed mounts
TRD shirt shifter
TRD exhaust
Leveling kit
Wet Okole center console cover
EZ down tailgate assist
X-runner front valance
Pop & lock
Weathertechs
AVS Tail light covers

I know there is other stuff I'm forgetting.

I'll add as I go along......
Old 08-15-2011, 10:00 PM   #2
Hiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hiatt
Hiatt1991's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Hiatt1991
dude.... your truck looks zoo clean you don't happen to still have those offroad lights do you?
Old 08-15-2011, 10:11 PM   #3
Shiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiatt1991 View Post
dude.... your truck looks zoo clean you don't happen to still have those offroad lights do you?
Thanks! No I sold those lights a while ago sorry man..

I do polish it alot and try to keep it clean. It looks very good for a 2006 if I say so myself
Old 08-15-2011, 10:16 PM   #4
Sabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: FN
Name: Kyle
Sabre's Tacoma Gallery
Truck looks good we need to meet up again sometime
U blacked out the headlights I traded ya? And redid the stock grill lol
Old 08-15-2011, 10:22 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre View Post
Truck looks good we need to meet up again sometime
U blacked out the headlights I traded ya? And redid the stock grill lol
Yeah we do! Thanks! Yeah my truck just goes full circle. I get bored and change it then change it back. Its a never ending battle

Your truck is looking SWEET BTW
Old 08-16-2011, 12:04 AM   #6
Hiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

do you happen to have the all terrains or are they pretty much done for?
Old 08-16-2011, 02:03 AM   #7
Sabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sabre's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftin2Sixth View Post
Yeah we do! Thanks! Yeah my truck just goes full circle. I get bored and change it then change it back. Its a never ending battle

Your truck is looking SWEET BTW

thanks man yea i did alot of unexpected stuff really fast lol

you where right about this forum being addicting when i first met you

interesting mod is the jbl sub on the system how where u able to do that? i really wanna add alittle more kick to my system and ive heard that sub before in my buddys 2009
Old 08-16-2011, 09:49 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiatt1991 View Post
do you happen to have the all terrains or are they pretty much done for?
They were gone.. I actually had to switch them out early because i ran over a piece of rebar that went through the sidewall..so they were toast. Sorry dude
Old 08-16-2011, 09:51 AM   #9

not a problem.
Old 08-16-2011, 09:51 AM   #10

Quote:
thanks man yea i did alot of unexpected stuff really fast lol

you where right about this forum being addicting when i first met you

interesting mod is the jbl sub on the system how where u able to do that? i really wanna add alittle more kick to my system and ive heard that sub before in my buddys 2009
I got a JBL box and put my own sub in it and tapped into the stock radio for the amp. It for sure does not BUMP but it does have a little more kick and looks totally stock.
Old 08-20-2011, 01:41 AM   #11

Gauge LED swap done today!

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...auge-swap.html
Old 08-20-2011, 02:31 AM   #12

Sabre's Tacoma Gallery
you should sell me your skid i should have bought it the first time lol
Old 08-20-2011, 10:21 AM   #13

Quote:
you should sell me your skid i should have bought it the first time lol
I'm kinda thinking about selling it again..I'll let you know if I do
Old 08-20-2011, 11:41 AM   #14

Sabre's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftin2Sixth View Post
I'm kinda thinking about selling it again..I'll let you know if I do
Sweet I'm interested
Old 08-23-2011, 05:01 PM   #15
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
looking good buddy damn that cluster looks good jk jk
Old 08-23-2011, 05:22 PM   #16

Hey Curt. Thanks for that led. Installed it last night without a problem.
Old 08-29-2011, 06:12 AM   #17
Banned
jjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jesse
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
what mud flaps?
Old 08-29-2011, 07:21 AM   #18
Hot Steppa
pinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pinktaco808's Tacoma Gallery
noice mods man
Old 08-29-2011, 09:47 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilredstud View Post
what mud flaps?
They are Pro-Flow type #7. They are around $30 at Pep Boys they fit great and have more flexibility then the stock ones.
Old 09-04-2011, 12:05 PM   #20

Washed, clay bared, polished, waxed, and detailed today. Lot of work but looks good.