Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Dually's Drop Taco

Old 10-25-2008, 01:15 PM   #1
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
Dually's Drop Taco

My dad bought the truck for me in June, since my Camry was rearended and totaled.

He is what it looked like when i picked it up:

First mod was some cheezy Fog Lights from Walmart -$18 actually pretty useful!

Shortly after, Gibson Cat-back exhaust and Switched the WeaponR Intake Filter off the Camry onto my truck:

I was happy with this setup for quite a while, until I decided to Lower the truck, so, of course, Rims were needed:

18's wrapped in 245s

Then came the drop (rear first):

Front and Rear:

I got bored one night and decided I needed a change in the current audio setup, which was two 8" Kicker Comps behind the bench seat. This was constructed:

I had a 60/40 split bench laying around, so that was the next project. removing the bench and inserting the split bench.

The seats had some spacing issues, so I had to mock up custom brackets, which were actually the stock ones from the bench seat. But I go them to work, and they sit really nice!

During the time of the seat installation, I gutted my interior and doors and put a product called Frost King on all the surfaces. Vette and stang restorers swear by the stuff so I tried it out. It really keeps the cab at a nice temp and makes the stereo system sound louder. It also helps keep the road noises quieter! Its cheap too. I dont have any pics of the install unfortunately.

Smaller mods that I've done:
Added a turndown to the intake and crankcase breathers.

Blue LEDs
(No pics)

Blacked out blinkers

Scanguage:

Current:

Mods to follow:

TURBO!! stay tuned.
Old 10-25-2008, 01:34 PM   #2
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Looks real nice, you've put a lot of work onto it. Were the split seats from a first gen tacoma? I thought all the first gen seats were interchangeable. Looks like a ton of work to make them fit.
Old 10-25-2008, 01:41 PM   #3
Lean Mean MPG Machine (best = 27)
pidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud of

Name: Stefan
pidro_el_pirata's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dually View Post
During the time of the seat installation, I gutted my interior and doors and put a product called Frost King on all the surfaces. Vette and stang restorers swear by the stuff so I tried it out. It really keeps the cab at a nice temp and makes the stereo system sound louder.
Are you saying it adds some sort of sound insulation to the truck just by covering the windows with tint? WTF? How does that work, it seems like the effects would be insignificant.

Nice truck though! I like the rims the most, and that tricked out front-seat sub LOL, does that ever get in the way?
Old 10-25-2008, 01:41 PM   #4
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dually's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtacomaguy View Post
Looks real nice, you've put a lot of work onto it. Were the split seats from a first gen tacoma? I thought all the first gen seats were interchangeable. Looks like a ton of work to make them fit.

Thanks!! Im not too sure what the seats were out of. My dad brought them home with hopes of putting them in our 66 Chevy C10, but they were too small. And yes, 1st Gen are interchangeable, but you cant beat free!!! There wasnt too much work installing them, just a little drilling, welding and grinding and they fit great! I think i spent more time removing the stock bench, since 2 bolts were stripped from the previous owner. But all in all, im really liking the split bench over the reg bench!
Old 10-25-2008, 01:44 PM   #5
Low and slow

dually's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidro_el_pirata View Post
Are you saying it adds some sort of sound insulation to the truck just by covering the windows with tint? WTF? How does that work, it seems like the effects would be insignificant.

Nice truck though! I like the rims the most, and that tricked out front-seat sub LOL, does that ever get in the way?

No, not the windows. The floor, the back wall, and the doors. Its a product called FrostKing Duct installation. Its basically tinfoil with a nonporous foam, about 1/8t" thick. It has an adhesive back and sticks nicely. So it insulates that cab nicely and keeps the outside noises reasonably!
Old 10-25-2008, 01:49 PM   #6
Lean Mean MPG Machine (best = 27)
pidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud of

Name: Stefan
pidro_el_pirata's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dually View Post
No, not the windows. The floor, the back wall, and the doors. Its a product called FrostKing Duct installation. Its basically tinfoil with a nonporous foam, about 1/8t" thick. It has an adhesive back and sticks nicely. So it insulates that cab nicely and keeps the outside noises reasonably!
Oh ok, that sounds legit. How much was it? I might do that
Old 10-25-2008, 01:49 PM   #7
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
dually, i must say. the truck looks friggin fantastic. love the split bench and the rims. youve put alot of work into that sucker. looks great
Old 10-25-2008, 01:50 PM   #8
Low and slow

dually's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidro_el_pirata View Post
Oh ok, that sounds legit. How much was it? I might do that
Took 3.5 rolls of it. FrostKing comes in 15ft rolls and is about 14bucks and Lowes and Menards
Old 10-25-2008, 01:51 PM   #9
Low and slow

dually's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastlytaco View Post
dually, i must say. the truck looks friggin fantastic. love the split bench and the rims. youve put alot of work into that sucker. looks great
Thanks man!!! There is going to be a lot more work coming! I'll make sure to document it better too!
Old 10-25-2008, 02:00 PM   #10
UnderWater Monopoly Champion
TicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: F-15 Crew-Chief
Name: Anastatia Beaverhausen
TicTacOma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to TicTacOma
Looks nice, We should have an "Acrophobia" room here. that's "afraid of heights" for those running out of the room to google. That way we can swing into the "drop shop" and see what the "down low" is on things.

Dually's Drop Taco-battery.jpg
Need a bit of baking soda and them some grease on those connections or you'll be pushing your lowered ride home.

Dually's Drop Taco-washers.jpg
Do they give you a free dryer with the purchase of that many washers?

Keep up the good work. So much to learn and get out of this site.
Old 10-25-2008, 02:09 PM   #11
Low and slow

dually's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TicTacOma View Post
Looks nice, We should have an "Acrophobia" room here. that's "afraid of heights" for those running out of the room to google. That way we can swing into the "drop shop" and see what the "down low" is on things.

Attachment 14201
Need a bit of baking soda and them some grease on those connections or you'll be pushing your lowered ride home.

Attachment 14200
Do they give you a free dryer with the purchase of that many washers?

Keep up the good work. So much to learn and get out of this site.
LMAO, yeh my terminals get shitty, quickly.

I have a spacer made up, but im too lazy to put it on!
Old 10-25-2008, 02:40 PM   #12
silver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: COIL
silver07taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to silver07taco
Looks awsome, Good work
Old 10-26-2008, 04:31 PM   #13
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Looking good man!
Old 10-26-2008, 04:56 PM   #14
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David Tarantino's Tacoma Gallery
not much into lowering a truck
BUT i will say this i like it
nice work looks good
Old 10-26-2008, 05:04 PM   #15
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
nice mods man!! truck looks great!!
Old 10-26-2008, 05:08 PM   #16
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Dually, That truck looks REALLY good! Great work!
Old 10-26-2008, 06:57 PM   #17
Low and slow

dually's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys! Anyone have a t3/t4 turbo on their hands that they would like to get rid of??
Old 10-27-2008, 02:25 PM   #18
Low and slow

dually's Tacoma Gallery
The turbo manifold is on the way!!! http://i38.tinypic.com/hx89c2.jpg

http://i38.tinypic.com/2n8q0lw.jpg

I have to clean up the welds, but it was a great price I couldnt pass up! Intercooler was also ordered yesterday! Stay tuned
Old 10-29-2008, 07:28 AM   #20
Low and slow

dually's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hedlesbrmstkbass View Post
i like your truck...nice and clean...you put a lot of good work into it.

you fiberglassed that thing yourself?

can't wait to see the turbo
yep, i did the box myself. I have a thread of the build somewhere. But yeh, im starting to do a few more. One is going in a buds Amarillo F-250, its going to be sick!