Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

LonghornTaco's build (with pics now)...

Old 10-25-2008, 01:43 PM   #2
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
very nice truck man. love the bull bar with lights.
Old 10-25-2008, 01:47 PM   #4
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
Sick truck!! Looks a bit high in the front, but overall great work
Old 10-25-2008, 01:52 PM   #6
tdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the rough

tdm156's Tacoma Gallery
Very Nice!
Old 10-25-2008, 02:24 PM   #9
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Wilkerson View Post
Yep - the front is 1" higher than the back. I'm going to lower the front about an inch, them I may or may not try to lift the back. Right now, the rear has nothing other than the rear TSB springs.
I'll bet when you settled the coilovers into where you want them it'll look schweet. You'll have to post up after-after pics!!
Old 10-25-2008, 02:37 PM   #10
silver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: COIL
silver07taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to silver07taco
Awsome look, Whats next for it?
Old 10-25-2008, 02:38 PM   #11
UnderWater Monopoly Champion
TicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: F-15 Crew-Chief
Name: Anastatia Beaverhausen
TicTacOma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to TicTacOma
I must of took forever, looking at the first before and after pics, there are leaves on the trees in the before shot and then the trees are bare ass in the after shot. Just kidding!

Looks great, Maybe in a year's time I'll do the same.

One thing you've over looked though......

You need to update your signature pic.
Old 10-25-2008, 03:35 PM   #13
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
Looking great Jason! keep up the good work!
Old 10-25-2008, 03:43 PM   #14
26+6=1
redrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

redrazr's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to redrazr
Quote:
Oh yeah, threw this one in whlie I was at it. I liked the idea from the cheap mods section, but I had to order the clips off Amazon.com. I looked ALL OVER TOWN, but couldn't find them anywhere!

I just bought the clips to do this mod to my truck. Found them at Bass Pro Shops for $5.
Old 10-25-2008, 03:52 PM   #16
Can you pass the bailout please?
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
LonghornTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver07taco View Post
Awsome look, Whats next for it?
I ordered an ARE LSII tonneau cover. Should be here in a couple of weeks or so. Can't wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TicTacOma View Post
I must of took forever, looking at the first before and after pics, there are leaves on the trees in the before shot and then the trees are bare ass in the after shot. Just kidding!

Looks great, Maybe in a year's time I'll do the same.

One thing you've over looked though......

You need to update your signature pic.
Nah - I've only owned the truck for two weeks. The leaves just kinda fell out overnight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luk8272 View Post
looks great man. should install the rear blocks to level it off, unless you are experiencing problems being 4" high in the front. lol. Bull bar with lights looks very nice as well, one fine rig.
I like the 4" up front (no rubbing or cutting of the fenders) but I've been told it's just too much stress on the CV Joints.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback07 View Post
Looks real good Jason. I'd vote for a leaf pack out back, or a 3 leaf AAL pack.. but its up to you. What kind of lights did you install?
I bought a 2" AAL from ToyTec with my front coilovers. So I already have those. However, there is a little question as to how the AAL will work with the rear TSB sprigs. Chris says it will work (I think he's running it) but a little fuzzy on exactly how to orient them...

And the lights up front are Hella 500FF. They work ok, but I want brighter. However, these were $70/pair at Walmart. I just wasn't ready to drop $250/pair for PIAAs or better Hellas.
Old 10-25-2008, 04:43 PM   #17
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I Chris says it will work (I think he's running it) but a little fuzzy on exactly how to orient them....
Im running a custom made AAL. I only wanted 1" more lift in the rear. BUT, The instructions should tell you which way to mount the AAL's, so just mount them opposite of what they say, and you will be GOOD!

P.S. Your truck looks SWEET!!!!!
Old 10-25-2008, 07:29 PM   #19
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Nice looking truck!