Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

PROJECT ALL TERRAIN

Old 08-18-2011, 02:49 PM   #1
hard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
hard2kill's Tacoma Gallery
PROJECT ALL TERRAIN

figured i may aswell start one of these...
how she sits today

one of my favorite pics back when she was on tall skinnys

made the cover of sept 2011 tacomamag

http://hw.libsyn.com/p/2/8/5/2857a99...&l_mid=2701865

i bought my 2006 dcsb super white trd sport 6spd in may 2011 with 33,000 miles on it.....only mods on truck are 20% tint all around..

right away i ordered weathertec front floor liners
then just 10 days later i get rear ended by someone that didnt speak english driving a isuzu rodeo with rust,chrome and 20's and guess what no insurence
which resulted in me losing a tail light,rear bumper and a tiny ding in my tailgate.....so the mods begin

ebay tail light and bruteforcefab rear bumper were ordered

so then i was like i really wanna wheel at RC ,
then the packages started showing up

safari snorkel which i hooked up to the factory intake tube

i ordered a factory sport rim from another member to mount my fullsize spare on....
my tire choice is 255-80-17 bfg km2's which measure out too 33.5in tall and 10.2in wide......i chose these for maximum traction and ground clearence with a good highway ride..also no need to do cab mount chop..
also installed spidetrax 1.25in spacers all the way around...

took off tailgate badges and bedside decals...
got sockmonkey bedside decals and third brake light cover

installed yellow fog light bulbs..

i installed billy5100's front and rear set at 2.5in and 1.5in rear blocks...no this is not my long term setup just something to get me buy till funds are avail. for the final build.....also did rear diff breather mod,removed 2nd air filter,installed afe dry filter,and trimmed front fenders to clear tires on full flex..

nothing better then good friends,beer,and working on toys....

also when i installed my bruteforcefab rear bumper i removed my hitch and spare tire...

bruteforcefab sliders were also installed

along with my hi-lift which i mounted in my bed with 4x mounts

installed smittybuilt d-rings on rear bumper

did some parkinglot flexing

finally it was time for the july trip to RC i got together...big thanx to all the guys who came out it was an awsome time with good people...
you cal also see my bruteforcefab weld on rocksliders in these pics...finished welding them up at 10pm the night before heading to RC

i have more pics in my other computer....big plans for this winter...including replacing my stock skid which i crushed at RC hahahaah
Old 08-18-2011, 02:54 PM   #2
hard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

this winters make over if the moneys there includes:
295-70-17's nitto trail grapplers
icon mid-travel coilovers,undecided on uca's
all-pro exp 3in. rear leaf packs with 5150 bilsteins
full skids and bruteforcefab front bumper.......
also gonna do a 1.5in bodylift for extra clearence for the 34's while flexed
Old 08-18-2011, 04:36 PM   #3
dwsalley95 is on a distinguished road

Name: Dylan
dwsalley95's Tacoma Gallery
correct me if im wrong but are you running 255's on your taco?? if so how do you like them??
Old 08-18-2011, 04:44 PM   #4
The1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peps
The1youluv2hate's Tacoma Gallery
Looking good
Old 08-18-2011, 04:48 PM   #5
Hakuna Matata, bitches!
EVErsionDesigns has a spectacular aura aboutEVErsionDesigns has a spectacular aura about

Name: Trent
EVErsionDesigns's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good man.
I understand that you have a drop in filter. How do you like it? And what made you choose that over a full system?
Or if you do have the full system, how do you like that?
Old 08-18-2011, 07:05 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwsalley95 View Post
correct me if im wrong but are you running 255's on your taco?? if so how do you like them??
I love them there taller for more clearence off road and there lighter an thin so on road there quite an have no loss in milage... Aired down offroad the traction is amazing
Old 08-18-2011, 07:09 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVErsionDesigns View Post
Looks good man.
I understand that you have a drop in filter. How do you like it? And what made you choose that over a full system?
Or if you do have the full system, how do you like that?
I have a snorkel .. The stock system is a great setup as is... So just ditch the secondary filter drop in a qulity hi flow dry filter and most important get a snorkel
Old 08-22-2011, 10:53 PM   #10
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
hey hey! good looking truck! good wheeling with you last weekend, Thanks for the awesome spotting. We'll have to wheel again soon!!
Old 08-23-2011, 05:05 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLink View Post
hey hey! good looking truck! good wheeling with you last weekend, Thanks for the awesome spotting. We'll have to wheel again soon!!
thanx man !! same too you......im thinking of doing a november meet and bring the ladys...my wifeys been bugging me to go and chris said hes gonna see if his lady wants to come...i wanna wheel there in the fall it must be awsome...nothing better then wheeling and campfires on a cool afternoon wearin hoodies and jeans
Old 08-23-2011, 05:07 PM   #12
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
You may need to contact a mod to correct the build thread title, it seems you left the letter M off.

I'm just kidding, it looks great! Did you notice and differences with the snorkel on?
Old 08-23-2011, 06:21 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacountryboy-IXI View Post
You may need to contact a mod to correct the build thread title, it seems you left the letter M off.

I'm just kidding, it looks great! Did you notice and differences with the snorkel on?

lol....its hard to say...i did the lift/tires the same night i did the snorkel with the afe air filter and removed the 2nd air filter......also welded on the aeroturbine 2525 dumped over the axle......i havnt lost any mpg's spining 33.5in km2's so id say the snorkel and muffler helped alot..and its great offroad,takes away one of the million things you have to worry about doing hard wheeling
Old 08-31-2011, 07:59 AM   #15
==========
pAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
pAP's Tacoma Gallery
Looking great John! The truck is really coming along. Cant wait to see more.

PS -You are the man to wheel with. Amazing spotting capabilities without the "O Shit" face
Old 09-01-2011, 07:00 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by pAP View Post
Looking great John! The truck is really coming along. Cant wait to see more.

PS -You are the man to wheel with. Amazing spotting capabilities without the "O Shit" face
HAHAHAHA same to you bro .....we should deff stick close together on the trail from now on...we have the same style....i just need armor and were good to go