Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

cotruckin build

Old 08-24-2011, 12:16 PM   #1
cotruckin is a glorious beacon of lightcotruckin is a glorious beacon of lightcotruckin is a glorious beacon of lightcotruckin is a glorious beacon of lightcotruckin is a glorious beacon of lightcotruckin is a glorious beacon of light
cotruckin's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to cotruckin
cotruckin build

I have been meaning to get this build thread together for a long time, and I know doing it this way I miss a lot of the steps and pics in the process of building, but I do still have a lot of them throughout the build. This is my 2006 Access Cab TRD Sport that I bought in Jan of 2007. I recently just had the privilege of paying this beast off this month, so it is finally mine outright. I am pretty sure I hit on just about everything that.

Here are the most recent pictures of my truck as it is today. It has gone thru a lot of changes here recently. I just redid all of the suspension from stock sport springs on 5100's set at 2.5" with the rear TSB and 1.5" blocks to the 5100's set at 0" with 886 coils, BR control arms, and All Pro expedition springs in the rear. I am just waiting on the fiberglass Jungle Fender Flares to get here, I will be doing the test fit for the long box models.

Here are some recent pictures from a recent trip before I just changed all of the suspension and lighting setup.

My bottle opener in place of the All Pro plate.

Some shots of the speakers and interior stuff that I have done. Custom speaker rings, the bottom ones I traced off of the TacoTunes adaptors that I have and am going to be selling. I need to go back in and paint them at some point and I forgot to get pictures of the rears.

Old 08-24-2011, 12:17 PM   #2
cotruckin is a glorious beacon of lightcotruckin is a glorious beacon of lightcotruckin is a glorious beacon of lightcotruckin is a glorious beacon of lightcotruckin is a glorious beacon of lightcotruckin is a glorious beacon of light
My LED cup holder mod. I need to replace the 2 in the front storage cubby, and I have since made this switch panel for there. Once I replace the LED's it will illuminate the switch panel.

Old 08-24-2011, 12:17 PM   #3
URD short shifter, these pics are from the first time I got it. At one point I was going to sell my truck for an STI so I took it off and sold it, but I just recently got it again and what a difference.

Some suspension shots, cell phone mount with AUX to HU, URD module and Daystar switches.

Old 08-24-2011, 12:17 PM   #4
Interior:
Tacoma door sill protectors
TRD seat covers
Factory matched window tint
Mag-Lite 4D cell flashlight mount
Tacotunes single din dash kit
Black suede rear seat panels
Weather Tech floor liners
Black marine vinyl door panels and A-pillar
TRD 6 speed shift knob

Exterior:
A.R.E. Z Series topper
Blacked out Toyota grill emblem
Factory running boards
Yakima roof rack
Mag-Lite 3D cell flashlight mount in bed
Yakima snowboard carrier
Bed platform and storage
Smoke tail lights
Black vinyl on hood (Soon to be on roof and topper)
De-badge
HID halo projector headlights
All Pro front bumper
Custom All Pro light bar
(5) XD 798 Addict 17x9
(5) 285/70/17 Nitto Terra Grappler

Electronics:
Disable TPMS
New alternator
Kenwood KDC-MP535U
Kenwood I-pod adaptor
4 gauge amp kit
Memphis 16-PR1.500 amp
Fog lights always on
Replacement horn
Cigarette outlet always on
Blue cup holder and storage LED’s
Bed spot lights
Trailer harness replacement and relocation
Rockford Fosgate RF-P162C 2-way speakers with custom speaker rings
Rockford Fosgate RF-P162S component speakers with custom speaker rings
TomTom GPS
Cobra 75 WX ST with 4’ Firestik and Firestik wiring (Not installed yet)
Bussman ATC 14 gang fuse holder
Custom switch panel
Soundstream Stealth Series STL4.500 for Rockford Fosgate speakers
PIAA 510 fog lights
Burner QH-75IT fog lights rear lights custom mounted in rear bumper
Pro Comp H11 9" off road lights
(2) Daystar rocker switches in stock location, need to get 1 more.

Suspension:
Bilstein 5100 shocks on stock setting
Toytec front differential drop
Toytec 886 coil springs
All-Pro expedition leaf springs
All-Pro U-bolt flip kit
Built Right uni-ball upper control arms

Performance:
K&N Intake
URD MAF calibrator
URD quickshifter

Other:
Fireston lifetime alignment
(3) Hella 700FF off-road lights
(Warranty) Replaced catalytic converters
Replace drivers side CV shaft
(Warranty) Replaced passenger side wheel bearing
(Warranty) Replaced drivers side wheel bearing
(Warranty) Replaced drivers side speed sensor
(Warranty) Replaced drivers side ABS sensor

Future Mods:
Rock sliders
High clearance rear bumper
Roof top tent
Chopped for 35's
Jungle fender flares (In the mail)
Custom rear seat sub box with (2) 10" Alpine Type R (all seat framing already cut out)
Soundstream STL 1.1200D sub amp
On board air
Exhaust
Winch
Snorkel
Full skid plates
Old 08-25-2011, 08:11 AM   #5
Go Pro Junkie
Toy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
Toy Yoda's Tacoma Gallery
sick truck man, howd you do the black vinyl on the hood? like whats the process
Old 08-25-2011, 08:40 AM   #6
GatorComa has a spectacular aura aboutGatorComa has a spectacular aura aboutGatorComa has a spectacular aura about

Name: Robby
GatorComa's Tacoma Gallery
Good looking truck man looks like you've put a lot of time into it, I like the look
Old 08-25-2011, 11:05 AM   #7
The black vinyl is a pressure activated vinyl, you can put it on, move it around get it all positioned as you want and once you put pressure onto it to stick it on, it releases the adhesion. How I have it on my truck it was applied and then the body lines were cut out to how it is now. I hope before winter to get some more to do the roof and topper, possibly carry it down to the tailgate as well.
Old 09-23-2011, 05:58 PM   #8
ride BMX!
littledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
littledvl's Tacoma Gallery
Nice looking rig, I been looking to vinyl my roof but too expensive for me.
Old 09-24-2011, 01:45 AM   #9
THIS IS AMERICA!!!
Cortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cortland
Cortland's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have a write up for the rear lights?
Old 09-26-2011, 12:54 PM   #10
I do not have a write up for it but I will snap some pictures and get some details of what I did.
Old 12-23-2011, 05:59 AM   #12
jds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
jds0912's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2chains View Post
i am considering this rear light mod...any details would be great!
X2