Made a big step and went from 08 white base 5lug regular cab 2.7L 5speed, with 34k miles to 05 Radiant Red Access Cab V6 PreRunner, with 119k miles, auto with TRD off Road package and tow package. My payment only went up $50/month from $256/month to $307/month. Shorter loan with smaller APR and I calculated that over the course of the loan I will save $1096. To me that was no brainer, just the TRD bucket seats, automatic transmission, rear locker, extra room in cab and tow hitch were worth the extra $50/month! One owner AZ only truck with NO rust and clean title.
I have transferred few things from my 5lug to the new 6lug;
- lockable bed storage compartment
- tool box
- shortened antenna
Stuff I already did to the new Taco;
- removed front mudflaps - previous owner cut them off at some point, so I just removed what was left of them
- removed engine cover - useless piece of plastic!
Already I have list of items to purchase;
- hooks for drivers side floor mat - 0020600802 - $0.01 - installed got these at local dealer, they are giving these out for free!
- center console net - Installed got one at the dealer for $10
- cap for one of the hitch bolts on the rear bumper - the truck is missing it - Installed
- in cabin air filter - $26.39
Some subtle mods for the future;
- DIY aux input for the 2005 single disc head unit - Done
- Rear diff breather relocation - 90404-51026 - $3.31 - Done
- power outlet in the cab running of the stock inverter
- day time running lights
That will be it for this truck. I don't want to mess with the suspension or lift the truck, I use the truck for work and if the truck would be any higher, it would get difficult to reach into the toolbox and get stuff in and out of the bed of the truck. Very happy with the purchase and happy to stay in the taco family!
Pictures soon to come!