Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Slow but Steady Mild Overlander Build

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-27-2011, 04:38 PM   #1
Weapon Mechanic
Maticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Ranger, Firearms Instructor, Firearms Inspector
Maticuno's Tacoma Gallery
Slow but Steady Mild Overlander Build

Since funding is extremely tight, this will be a painfully slow build, but I need to start somewhere. My wife and I love remote, open camping, but nothing that we would need a super expo rig for.

How she sits today:

Start:
2008 Super White Tacoma Double Cab Long Bed TRD Sport
Auto, 4X4

TopDeck Tonneau Cover

Pioneer AVIC-D3 with bluetooth, iPod, PAC SWI-PS (to maintain steering wheel controls), and external Sirius dock.

Two In-Cab 110V outlets run off of the stock inverter which has had the 400W Anytime Mod

Foglight Anytime Mod

Anti-Pack Rat Living in the Intake and Eating the Air Filter Mod

Camp Kitchen

During a recent spark plug change, I thought I'd try the Engine Tick Washer Mod I read about:

While it didn't completely stop the ticking, it made it much quieter, especially in the cab.

B.A.M.F rear diff skid.

Husky Liners front mud flaps installed.

5100's and Eibachs up front:

And Toytec 2"AAL in the rear:

Goodyear Wrangler Authority in 265/70R17 Load Range C. You can read my review of these here:

Old 08-27-2011, 04:46 PM   #2
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
I love white trd sports.
Old 08-27-2011, 04:58 PM   #3
Weapon Mechanic
Maticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Of the 6 vehicles I've owned in my life, 4 have been white. It's a proper color.
Old 08-29-2011, 11:05 AM   #4
Weapon Mechanic

During a recent spark plug change, I thought I'd try the Engine Tick Washer Mod I read about:

While it didn't completely stop the ticking, it made it much quieter, especially in the cab.
Old 11-19-2011, 10:01 AM   #9
Weapon Mechanic

Thanks! You can sort of see the camp kitchen in use here:

Old 11-19-2011, 10:14 AM   #10
Olson will become famous soon enough

Navy: Builder 3rd Class Petty Officer, Just transfered from Naval Mobile Construction Battalion 5 to 3
Name: Eric
Olson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maticuno View Post
Thanks! You can sort of see the camp kitchen in use here:

hey where did you get that bed tent? could you shoot me link or where you bought it... i have been looking for one but the cheapest i can find is like $250. thanks
Old 11-19-2011, 12:35 PM   #11
Weapon Mechanic

I purchased that used from a friend who had a 1st Gen Tacoma. The fit is pretty tight as it has to stretch that extra width, but it works great. I'm pretty sure they don't make that specific tent anymore. I also don't know if they make any truck bed tents for the short beds. This is the same manufacturer that made mine: Napier Sportz Truck Bed Tent
Old 01-18-2012, 04:25 PM   #13
Weapon Mechanic

5100's and Eibachs up front:

And Toytec 2"AAL in the rear:
Old 08-14-2012, 11:10 PM   #15
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
Truck looks good man!

I too am on an even tighter budget than you, i dont even have the funds for bhlm. lol

Old 08-15-2012, 02:31 AM   #16
Don't give up here just yet
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery

Good looking truck Mati!
Old 08-15-2012, 02:44 AM   #17
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Great start & love the camping kitchen.
So what are your future plans when funds allow?
I'm going for an overland rig also & my next buy is skids & sliders.
Old 08-15-2012, 06:53 AM   #18
Weapon Mechanic

The next mod is an oil catch can, already ordered, just need time to install it. After that I'm thinking re-routing the crossover pipe for that extra bit of clearance and then some form of hybrid rock sliders like Demellos rock crusher.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:16 PM   #19
bigpat728 is on a distinguished road
bigpat728's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to bigpat728
Went size tires are you running now?
Old 10-09-2012, 11:36 PM   #20
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpat728 View Post
Went size tires are you running now?
Quote:
OP updated with new tires.
Quote:
Goodyear Wrangler Authority in 265/70R17 Load Range C. You can read my review of these here:

Products Discussed in this Thread