Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

THExBUSxDRIVER's "Ol Man Tan" BUILD

Old 03-29-2013, 05:38 PM   #221
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GOO5E
THExBUSxDRIVER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChamYota View Post
Trucks looking good as usual!

Im in a bind, I've got some mods i want to do but not really sure which will be the most "useful" so to speak...

-I dont wheel(prerunner)
-I dont particulary need armor
-A CB seems to be the next to-do mod, but i dont know if i'll even use it for it's designed purpose.

I feel like im at an impasse. I dont have any real mods to do next, suspension would be next but i want something that rides like a caddy on the road and if i ever were to hit the occasional mild trail, i wouldnt have troubles as well.

-Billies@ 0 w/ eibaichs w/ the progressive AAL looks to be whats logical(no UCAs needed, slight lift and performance gains.)

-But the opportunity has came to get some Walker Evan coilovers, but they'd need new coils and a rebuild... That would leave the rear lift money, gone...

but i want an ARB for the damn deer that seem to love to come close to my truck...

Hahaha, you sir have some decisions lol.

Tough ones but you really do have to take into consideration what you will be doing.

-A Cb is good to have for coms, especially in places where celly's have no reception. Even better when wheeling in a pack.

Suspension is a toughie but you can always slowly upgrade the rear starting with a 3-leaf aal.

I will say that when I had 5100's w/ 885's and 3leaf aal, I loved it. Super simple.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:04 PM   #222
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by THExBUSxDRIVER View Post

Tough ones but you really do have to take into consideration what you will be doing.

-A Cb is good to have for coms, especially in places where celly's have no reception. Even better when wheeling in a pack.

Suspension is a toughie but you can always slowly upgrade the rear starting with a 3-leaf aal.

I will say that when I had 5100's w/ 885's and 3leaf aal, I loved it. Super simple.
Got any profile pics of this setup?
Old 03-29-2013, 07:46 PM   #223
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Got any profile pics of this setup?
Yessir. Here it is with OME 885 coils set at 0" with 3-leaf
Old 03-29-2013, 07:48 PM   #224
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yessir. Here it is with OME 885 coils set at 0" with 3-leaf
Freaking a, thats about as level as it's gonna get, i like the slight rake in the back but that looks great! how much lift did you get front and back with that?
Old 03-29-2013, 07:55 PM   #225
Victory is reserved...

Quote:
Freaking a, thats about as level as it's gonna get, i like the slight rake in the back but that looks great! how much lift did you get front and back with that?
The front was about 1.75" or 2" of lift. The rear was almost exactly 1.5"
Old 04-26-2013, 03:55 PM   #226
Remember to lube your brake pads and tire treads!
quantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shed

quantum's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
your truck is so f-ing sick, its stupid!
if i ever get enough money to mod my truck, i'm totally going to copy you (except mine will be silver and a long bed)
<========this guy is super
Old 05-01-2013, 11:47 PM   #228
1nonlygarcia is a glorious beacon of light1nonlygarcia is a glorious beacon of light1nonlygarcia is a glorious beacon of light1nonlygarcia is a glorious beacon of light1nonlygarcia is a glorious beacon of light

Marines: Corporal
Name: ceasar
1nonlygarcia's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I'm in the same boat as ChamYota kinda. Now i have 5100's all the way around. debating on getting OME or Ebiach. How did your setup with OME ride at the dunes? Kinda worried of my truck getting stuck since i have a prerunner
Old 05-02-2013, 12:38 PM   #229
Victory is reserved...

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantum View Post
your truck is so f-ing sick, its stupid!
if i ever get enough money to mod my truck, i'm totally going to copy you (except mine will be silver and a long bed)
<========this guy is super
That's the best compliment EVAR! haha I wanna see pics of your rig through the process
Quote:
Its my birthday today and i went to look at my inspiration

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nonlygarcia View Post
I'm in the same boat as ChamYota kinda. Now i have 5100's all the way around. debating on getting OME or Ebiach. How did your setup with OME ride at the dunes? Kinda worried of my truck getting stuck since i have a prerunner
I ran OME 885x coils (X) meaning the later model with reduced sag overtime apparently. I wanted to try out the Eibachs but came across some barely used OMEs for a good price. They did good in the dunes and held up to some jumps. Did really well in the speed section.

A tip for 2WD in pismo is to air down, don't be afraid to go as low as 10psi in the rear. The front I keep at around 13-19psi. Don't stop while going uphill.
Old 05-04-2013, 07:24 AM   #230
93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

93civEJ1's Tacoma Gallery
enjoyed looking at this build. Keep it up.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:04 PM   #231
Victory is reserved...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93civEJ1 View Post
enjoyed looking at this build. Keep it up.
Thanks!

But that Supra in your sig
Old 06-18-2013, 07:40 PM   #233
Victory is reserved...

Quote:
Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
What did you paint your Fender flares with?
I used Rustoleum "high performance" (says it on the can) flat black and primed it with Rustoleum self etching primer.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:39 PM   #235
Victory is reserved...

Quote:
Did you take it off to do them?
Nah I just masked them off. The tabs are a pain to try and preserve for another use. They snapped on me so easy.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:42 PM   #236
Justin has a spectacular aura aboutJustin has a spectacular aura aboutJustin has a spectacular aura about

Air Force:
Name: Justin
Justin's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Justin
Quote:
Nah I just masked them off. The tabs are a pain to try and preserve for another use. They snapped on me so easy.
hmm okay. How long did you have to let it sit and dry for? What about when it drips down towards your tire? Are there any running marks because of gravity and such?
Old 06-18-2013, 09:45 PM   #237
Victory is reserved...

Quote:
hmm okay. How long did you have to let it sit and dry for? What about when it drips down towards your tire? Are there any running marks because of gravity and such?
They key for no running is light coats. Dont go and spray a heavy coat because that's when the paint will build up and run. On each flare it took me about 7 LIGHT coats to get an even coverage and no drips.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:43 PM   #238
Justin has a spectacular aura aboutJustin has a spectacular aura aboutJustin has a spectacular aura about

Air Force:
Justin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
They key for no running is light coats. Dont go and spray a heavy coat because that's when the paint will build up and run. On each flare it took me about 7 LIGHT coats to get an even coverage and no drips.
That's genius. And besides washing it down with soap and water, is there anything you do before priming it?
Old 06-18-2013, 10:47 PM   #239
Victory is reserved...

Quote:
That's genius. And besides washing it down with soap and water, is there anything you do before priming it?
Not much prep when using the self etching primer. That stuff is good! But yea wash it real good first.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:47 AM   #240

Air Force:
Justin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Not much prep when using the self etching primer. That stuff is good! But yea wash it real good first.

Okay sounds good! I think I'll take mine off to do it and then just find the plastic clips on ebay and put it back on. Does the material get scraped up easily?