Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

THExBUSxDRIVER's "Ol Man Tan" BUILD

Old 11-10-2011, 01:08 AM   #41
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GOO5E
THExBUSxDRIVER's Tacoma Gallery
UPDATE

Lift procedure. Nothing too different from install, just wanted to share.

First off, 2nd gens and drive line vibes are hit or miss to the angle change. I decided to take angle measurements of the stock angle so that if I did experience vibes coming from the drive line I could at least use spacers on the carrier bearing to get the ° back to stock.

I used my grandpas coil compressor (homemade...he's an old school mech). Not as scary as those autozone compressors but still.

On the rear I added the Icon 3-leaf progressive aal for 1.5" of lift. I'll admit I really don't like stock rake so I went with a bit of bro lean. Not to mention this aal rides really smooth, I recommend it over the single leaf aal.

Didn't change out the rear shocks since I'm still debating on what to run back there.

ANOTHER thing I recommend to get rid of the dreaded "squeaky leafs" is adding pieces of bicycle tube in between the leafs. Looks ghetto, but works.

Old 11-10-2011, 01:12 AM   #42
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

UPDATE 11/10/11

Here are before and after pics. Subtle difference but rides awesome like. Will be adjusting the spring perch to .85 when I get the steel bumper.

Old 11-10-2011, 10:12 PM   #44
Victory is reserved...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0uTkAsT View Post
Looks great with the lift man. I love the wheels too, they look great black and your bro's idea to bronze the studs was awesome. I actually like them way better than my own rims, but I only paid $400 my MB72Bs and they have lifetime warranties which have already come in handy so whatever.

Nice pics too! Keep it up!
Thanks man, no doubt the lifetime warranty comes in handy, especially when we actually go out and play

I originally wanted a machine finish lip on the rim but my bro convinced me and I'm glad I let him bronze the studs.

Sweet build you have yourself too man
Old 11-17-2011, 06:26 PM   #45
toyoteron is on a distinguished road
Name: Myles
toyoteron's Tacoma Gallery
Great looking truck. I like the build it rather than buy it attitude with the rear bumper. I may have to give that a shot!
Old 11-17-2011, 08:02 PM   #46
Out fer a Rip eh Bud
VanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: DJ
VanCity4x's Tacoma Gallery
Awww Man that looks sick. Props for getting the courage to do all the mods. Ive only done the cosmetic stuff, too scared to screw it up. Black flares tie everything up. Black and Gold looks sweet. Your write ups are awesome, followed the tail light tinting and worked perfect. Rep for an awesome build, cant wait to see more
Old 11-18-2011, 05:09 PM   #47
Victory is reserved...

Thanks guys. I need to take some nice pics with the lift on now.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:19 AM   #48
Victory is reserved...

Update bump

Adjusted front lift.

Old 01-16-2012, 06:23 AM   #49
Texas Taco
Oury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oury
Oury's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good bro, I love my Brute Force Bumper. You will love yours!
Old 01-17-2012, 09:06 PM   #50
YNWA
adanfon is one of the sharper tools in the shedadanfon is one of the sharper tools in the shedadanfon is one of the sharper tools in the shedadanfon is one of the sharper tools in the shedadanfon is one of the sharper tools in the shedadanfon is one of the sharper tools in the shedadanfon is one of the sharper tools in the shedadanfon is one of the sharper tools in the shedadanfon is one of the sharper tools in the shedadanfon is one of the sharper tools in the shedadanfon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Adan
adanfon's Tacoma Gallery
what did you adjust the front to? also do you still have the wheel spacers? ive been contemplating getting those, truck looks good, ill be on the look out for you now
Old 01-22-2012, 06:33 PM   #51
Victory is reserved...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowmasteradan View Post
what did you adjust the front to? also do you still have the wheel spacers? ive been contemplating getting those, truck looks good, ill be on the look out for you now
Cool another local, I see you found the 559 thread.

The front is set at .85 but it does seem a little stiff so I might put them back to 0" to soften it up and some small spacers to keep the nose up a bit.

I am still running the spacers up front sine the lift pulled the wheels in a little.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:04 PM   #52
U MAD? OH U MAD
RJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: RJ
RJALLDAY702's Tacoma Gallery
dude i fawwwking love your truck
Old 04-03-2012, 11:46 PM   #53
Victory is reserved...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJALLDAY702 View Post
dude i fawwwking love your truck
Thanks man. Can't wait to see yours with the suspension build.
Old 04-07-2012, 11:11 PM   #54
U MAD? OH U MAD
RJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

goose
Old 04-07-2012, 11:26 PM   #56
Victory is reserved...

Quote:

goose
FIXED

Old 04-07-2012, 11:27 PM   #57
Victory is reserved...

Quote:
Originally Posted by S7ICKlVlAN View Post
Great looking build. Perfect use of black to give it contrast IMO. Keep up the good work bro!
Thanks brotha. Where did you get your red valve covers? Or did you paint them? They look sharp man.
Old 04-07-2012, 11:39 PM   #59
U MAD? OH U MAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by THExBUSxDRIVER View Post
Thanks brotha. Where did you get your red valve covers? Or did you paint them? They look sharp man.
Dude, ...Your a fucking BOSS.

+1

EDIT:

But unfortunately I have been giving you too many +1's lately and TW wont let me give your more..
Old 04-07-2012, 11:46 PM   #60
Victory is reserved...

Quote:
Originally Posted by S7ICKlVlAN View Post
Fuhhhhhhhh... I'm good at mechanics but idk about taking this apart yet lol.

Quote:
Dude, ...Your a fucking BOSS.

+1

EDIT:

But unfortunately I have been giving you too many +1's lately and TW wont let me give your more..
lmao

your sig pic is giving me a boner.