Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

AWorthyTaco

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-01-2011, 07:56 AM   #1
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
AWorthyTaco

Figured I would start one of these threads and use it as a record of my truck.

Model: 2011 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road 4x4 Double Cab Short Bed.
Purchase Date: 8/22/2011
Truck Name: AWorthyTaco (will probably change when I come up with something better)

Current Mods
Mud Flaps Removed
Windows tinted (10% all around, 65% windshield)
Tonneau Cover (Freedom Classic Snap)
Fog Light Anytime Mod
Pioneer AVIC-X9310BT Head Unit
LT265-70-R16 BFG All Terrain TA KO
Moto Metal 951 Rims (16x8 +0 offset 4.5BS)AFE Pro Dry S

From the Dealer...100% Stock
Front

8/23/2011
  • Mud Flaps removed
  • Windows tinted
    • 10% all around
    • 65% windshield

8/25/2011
Tonneau Cover (Freedom Classic Snap) Bought. I put it on and take it off alot, depending on how I am using the truck.

9/4/2011
First off road adventure. Went to an event with my friend and the only "road" there was an unmaintained dirt road. Nothing too crazy, but needed 4x4 to get there and out.
20 min to get the mud on; 30 min of rain on he way home and 1 hour of washing to get it all off.

9/11/2011
Fog Light Mod (Only on with Parking Lights, Low Beams, and High Beams)

10/4/2011
Pioneer AVIC-X9310BT Head Unit added to replace the stock stereo.

10/25/2011
LT265-70-R16 BFG All Terrain TA KO's added after one of the stock tired got a gash in the sidewall.

5/5/12
Moto Metal 951's installed (16x8 +0 offset 4.5BS)

5/22/12
AFE Pro Dry S Installed

Future Plans
Color Matched Grille
5100's all around with front set at 1.75
Rear AAL
Rear Diff Breather Mod
OEM Roof Rack
LED Interior Lighting
Old 09-01-2011, 01:35 PM   #2
TRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to behold

TRDsport253's Tacoma Gallery
Nice. I Like it.
Old 09-01-2011, 07:15 PM   #3
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Nice. I Like it.
Thank you very much.

Old 09-01-2011, 07:34 PM   #5
Member Caught Off Road

I have been thinking about getting some 1" spacers. I actually like the stock rims, and the dealership gives me free tires for the life of the vehicle if I keep them (and yes, BFG A/T T/A's are one of the tire options included). My question is, will 1" spacers really effect my ride? I have heard stories about 2"+, but I don't want anything like that.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:19 AM   #6
Member Caught Off Road

9/4/2011
First off road adventure
20 min to get the mud on; 30 min of rain and 1 hour of washing to get it all off.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:57 AM   #7
TRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to behold

That's a nice picture. What kind of camera are you using?
Old 09-06-2011, 11:14 AM   #8
Member Caught Off Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDsport253 View Post
That's a nice picture. What kind of camera are you using?
Thanks. I try to go out of my way to take good pics; it's nice to have it recognized. It's a Canon 60D with a Canon 50mm f/1.8 lens.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:18 AM   #9
YotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: FMC 25th BSB
Name: Brian
YotaMan2007's Tacoma Gallery
i wish i got free tires for life...
Old 09-06-2011, 11:39 AM   #10
Member Caught Off Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaMan2007 View Post
i wish i got free tires for life...
It sounds great, but any service to the vehicle has to be done by Toyota. And aftermarket parts have to be installed by them aswell. So, in the long run, they're making their money. Lol
Old 09-11-2011, 07:11 PM   #11
Member Caught Off Road

Fog Light Mod (Only on with Parking Lights, Low Beams, and High Beams)
Old 09-16-2011, 02:57 PM   #12
Member Caught Off Road

Debadged today. Looks much cleaner. Next step is hopefully black rims and Goodyear Wrangler MT/R's
Old 10-19-2011, 05:42 PM   #13
Member Caught Off Road

Guess I forgot to add this, but a couple weeks ago I added my Pioneer AVIC head unit. Photoshopped a custom splash screen for start up, and failed at hooking it up to the back up camera.

Old 10-25-2011, 05:55 PM   #14
Member Caught Off Road

I sliced one of my Rugged Trails open today. Used it as an excuse to get 4 new BFG All-Terrain T/A's put on the truck. Now I have three spare Rugged Trails laying around...I'll add pics tomorrow when there's daylight...

Luckily the dealership was having a special: Buy three, get one free...and free NitroFill...Why Not...
Old 10-25-2011, 10:42 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWorthyOpponent View Post
I sliced one of my Rugged Trails open today. Used it as an excuse to get 4 new BFG All-Terrain T/A's put on the truck. Now I have three spare Rugged Trails laying around...I'll add pics tomorrow when there's daylight...

Luckily the dealership was having a special: Buy three, get one free...and free NitroFill...Why Not...
What size did you get?
Old 10-26-2011, 07:25 AM   #16
Member Caught Off Road

Quote:
What size did you get?
I stuck with the factory size (LT265/70/R16). They look way more agressive than the rugged trails. Coworker took a double take this morning and asked what I did to it now lol. Pic is kinda dark, but I left for work at 7am.

Old 10-26-2011, 11:36 AM   #17

Quote:
I stuck with the factory size (LT265/70/R16). They look way more agressive than the rugged trails. Coworker took a double take this morning and asked what I did to it now lol. Pic is kinda dark, but I left for work at 7am.

Nice. How does it ride and are they noisy? I'm going to get the same tire and size as yours.
Old 10-26-2011, 03:37 PM   #18
Member Caught Off Road

Quote:
Nice. How does it ride and are they noisy? I'm going to get the same tire and size as yours.
They're a little more noisy on the road than the Rugged Trails, but they are superior in every other way thus far. Better traction when breaking, cornering etc...I have them Nitro Filled To 35psi, so I don't know how that affects the ride quality as opposed to air. I havn't noticed a difference in ride quality from the new rugged trails that were on it earlier yesterday.

On a side note they add a way more agressive look to the truck. These are the tires that Toyota should have put on this truck in the first place IMHO.
Old 11-13-2011, 01:31 PM   #19
Dr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to behold

Name: Matt
Dr. Pepper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
These are the tires that Toyota should have put on this truck in the first place IMHO.
Very much so. Truck looks good dude!
Old 01-08-2012, 09:09 PM   #20
YellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

YellowDog01's Tacoma Gallery
How do you like the tint on your windshield?

Products Discussed in this Thread