Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Veet Skeet's Super White Build!

Old 09-01-2011, 04:13 PM   #1
veet skeet is a jewel in the roughveet skeet is a jewel in the roughveet skeet is a jewel in the roughveet skeet is a jewel in the rough

veet skeet's Tacoma Gallery
Veet Skeet's Super White Build!

2008 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab Short Bed Super White SR5

This is my college budget build. Started in August of 2011. Inspired by the builds of members Sandjunkie and ArizonaD54!

Exterior:
Color Matched All-Pro Rear Bumper
Color Matched Door Handles/Mirrors/Rear Bumper/Tail Gate Handle
Color Sanded Fender Flares to Make Them Gloss White (No OEM Faded Look)
Color Sanded Front Bumper to Make It Gloss White (No OEM Faded Look)
TRD Sport Hood w/ Black Sand Pearl Hood Scoop Insert
TRD Sport '11 Super White Sport Grille w/ Color Matched Emblem
TRD Skid Plate Painted w/ Truck Bed Liner
OEM Toyota Roof Rails
OEM Toyota Matte Black TACO Emblem on Tailgate
Painted Lower Valence w/ Truck Bed Liner
Thule Roof Rack & Fairing
N-FAB Nerf Bars
Tinted Front Windows to Match Rears
Removed Mud Flaps
DeBadged

Interior:
Clazzio Black Leather Seat Covers
Painted Matte Black Dash Unit & Shifter Console
Painted Semi-Gloss White Speedometer Rings, Speaker Rings, Lower Shift Knob
Pioneer AppRadio Double DIN Headunit
Weathertech Floor Mats Front & Rear
LED Map & Dome Lights

Lighting:
All Satin Black Morimoto Mini H1 RetroFit Headlights w/ Gatling Gun Shrouds, xB White LED Angel Eyes, 6K HID's (Thanks AsianAnts)
OEM Toyota 09+ LED Tail Lights Tinted w/ Night Shade
DDM 6K HID Fogs

LED Reverse & License Plate Bulbs

Front:
OME 885x Coils
Bilstein 5100's at .85'
Light Racing UCA's
Cab Mount Chop

Rear:
Bilstein 5100's
ToyTec 1.5' AAL w/ New U-Bolts

Wheels & Tires:
(4) Goodyear Duratracs 285/70/17
(5) Ballistic Jester 17' Wheels
(1) Full-Sized Toyo A/T 285/70/17 Spare Tire
N-FAB Tire Carrier
Painted Black Tire Strap
OEM Spare Tire Removed

Performance:
"Magnaflow" Off-Brand Muffler
Exhaust Turned Down Before Axle

So here it is bone stock, the day I got it.

Future Mods:
TRD CAI
DTLT Headers
Old 09-01-2011, 04:17 PM   #3
GatorComa has a spectacular aura aboutGatorComa has a spectacular aura aboutGatorComa has a spectacular aura about

Name: Robby
GatorComa's Tacoma Gallery
very clean looking already, keep up the good work!
Old 09-01-2011, 04:26 PM   #4
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good
Old 09-01-2011, 04:28 PM   #5
My name is Mudd
mcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant future

Name: mike
mcdowell's Tacoma Gallery
Goodlooking truck
Old 09-10-2011, 07:07 PM   #6
bbsmith is on a distinguished road

Name: BB
bbsmith's Tacoma Gallery
How do you like the halo lights. Are they as brite as factory light
Old 09-10-2011, 07:21 PM   #7
Superior Member
707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
707tothe907's Tacoma Gallery
Did you colormatch everything on your own?
Old 09-11-2011, 12:15 AM   #8
veet skeet is a jewel in the roughveet skeet is a jewel in the roughveet skeet is a jewel in the roughveet skeet is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbsmith View Post
How do you like the halo lights. Are they as brite as factory light
I love the halo lights right now. The ones that I got came with a set of 6000k HID's and I got matching HID's for my fogs. The only complaints that I have with them are the fact that one of the LED's doesn't work all the time (it's a tiny bulb), and to answer your question, they are not as bright as factory. If you wanted to get factory headlights with 6000k HID's and compare em to the halos with 6000k HID's, the factory headlights would be way brighter. But these work fine too, and having the HID's in the fogs makes up for the lack of brightness in the halos, cuz the fogs are so dang bright with the 6000k in em! It's almost blinding.
Old 09-11-2011, 12:17 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 707tothe907 View Post
Did you colormatch everything on your own?
No I didn't wanna take a chance at screwing paint up. I got it professionally done and they did a really good job doing all the color matching on the car. The chrome bumper I had to get rid of because they couldn't paint on the chrome, so they ordered me a steel bumper and painted it white to match the car.
Old 09-11-2011, 01:48 PM   #10

UPDATE 9/11/11

Hood Scoop
DeBadged Entire Truck

Old 09-11-2011, 03:41 PM   #11
Proud Tacoma *****
HERMS671 is on a distinguished road

HERMS671's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by veet skeet View Post
No I didn't wanna take a chance at screwing paint up. I got it professionally done and they did a really good job doing all the color matching on the car. The chrome bumper I had to get rid of because they couldn't paint on the chrome, so they ordered me a steel bumper and painted it white to match the car.
Your truck looks great! Where did you order your steel bumper from? Was it from the dealer? I was told by the local Toyota dealer where I'm from that they no longer make 2008 Tacoma bumpers in black or primer and that they only come in chrome now. I thought that was a bunch of BS. Keep up the good work on the truck. Hopefully mine will one day look as good as the trucks on Tacoma World.
Old 09-11-2011, 04:17 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERMS671 View Post
Your truck looks great! Where did you order your steel bumper from? Was it from the dealer? I was told by the local Toyota dealer where I'm from that they no longer make 2008 Tacoma bumpers in black or primer and that they only come in chrome now. I thought that was a bunch of BS. Keep up the good work on the truck. Hopefully mine will one day look as good as the trucks on Tacoma World.
Thanks for the compliments!
I honestly don't know where I got it from, because the body shop just ordered it for me from somewhere and painted it white to match the car for me like I wanted. Maybe check toyotapartsbarn.com, I think they might have bumpers that are already painted in the color of your choosing for sale. Yeah, Toyota should be able to get painted bumpers for people, but I don't get why they wouldn't be able to, I mean they ARE the ones making the cars....

Your pic in your signature is sick! Good luck to you and your mods!
Old 09-11-2011, 07:11 PM   #13
Tacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
Tacolover443's Tacoma Gallery
Looks awesome!!! I love the super white. Always looks soooooo fresh. Keep it up!!
Old 09-11-2011, 07:28 PM   #14
Night In The Ruts!
09DC4X4 has a spectacular aura about09DC4X4 has a spectacular aura about09DC4X4 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Brian
09DC4X4's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome truck! I really like the color matched parts added. Looks like a completely different truck from the one you bought.
Welcome to TW.
Old 09-15-2011, 11:00 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09DC4X4 View Post
Awesome truck! I really like the color matched parts added. Looks like a completely different truck from the one you bought.
Welcome to TW.
Thanks dude! Yeah first thing I wanted to do to the truck was get color matched parts!
Old 09-16-2011, 03:44 AM   #16
Write your love, Then your anger.
ToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
ToyComa92's Tacoma Gallery
Love super white!!! Just a question, Where can i find that emblem? Great looking truck man, Love the headlights. When i first had tacoma in mind i knew i wanted white on black, Now i just have to raise funds for bumpers, Wheels and tint haha. Good luck and great truck sir!
Old 09-16-2011, 10:28 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyComa92 View Post
Love super white!!! Just a question, Where can i find that emblem? Great looking truck man, Love the headlights. When i first had tacoma in mind i knew i wanted white on black, Now i just have to raise funds for bumpers, Wheels and tint haha. Good luck and great truck sir!
Thanks for the kind words sir!
Here is the part number for the emblem : 75311-90K00
Call a local Toyota dealership, go to parts, and then tell them you want to order this part and give them the part number! It's titled a radiator emblem.

White on black is amazing! Can't wait to get my wheels painted soon. Good luck to you and your TRD!
Old 09-16-2011, 12:37 PM   #18

UPDATE 9/16/11
Bilstein 5100's in Front at 2.5'
Bilstein 5100s in Rear
Roof Racks

Old 09-24-2011, 05:46 PM   #19

UPDATE 9/24/11

N-FAB SIDE STEPS

Old 09-25-2011, 09:16 AM   #20
Russell F is on a distinguished road
Name: Russell
Russell F's Tacoma Gallery
Love the grill