Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Kelson's Reg. Cab

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-12-2010, 07:30 AM   #22
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
I really like it man! Buy some foglights for that thing and throw some HIDs in there!
Old 02-12-2010, 02:53 PM   #23
My Truck is Cuter than Yours
Kelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelson
Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremiekc View Post
Nice looking truck. Did the suspension work that you did make a big difference in the ride quality. Just wondering, I really like the direction of your truck.
thanks. the suspension stuff did stiffen it up a bunch. you can always go the pure DJM route and retain your stock ride. also, because im not notched out back the ride is a little rough, but tolerable. if you go with the DJM kit and notch out back you should retain stock ride quality
Old 02-16-2010, 06:47 PM   #26
lowzone has a spectacular aura aboutlowzone has a spectacular aura about
Name: Ron
lowzone's Tacoma Gallery
hi,
im thinking of getting a SR5 access cab in white or silver. love the look of your truck but the Xrunner is only 1/2" lower then a stock 2wd AC, atleast on the brochure specs. how did the prerunner leafs drop your truck? please explain as your truck sits about where i want my future truck to sit. i only had Isuzus to drop and they have torsion bars up front
sweet truck btw

Ron
Old 02-17-2010, 12:38 AM   #27
Kelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowzone View Post
hi,
im thinking of getting a SR5 access cab in white or silver. love the look of your truck but the Xrunner is only 1/2" lower then a stock 2wd AC, atleast on the brochure specs. how did the prerunner leafs drop your truck? please explain as your truck sits about where i want my future truck to sit. i only had Isuzus to drop and they have torsion bars up front
sweet truck btw

Ron
thanks man! the XRunners i beleive sit around 1" lower, at least in the rear. they have de-arched leaf springs in the back and slighty shorter and stiffer springs with better struts. i currently have on my fronts the XR stock springs that dropped me around .25", along with the DJM drop kit, which is upper and lower control arms that lower the truck 3 inches, so a total of 3.25" out front. in the back i currently have the PreRunner/4X4 leaf springs, with my 5 lug overload (the short spring on the bottom) instead of the stock 4X4 overload. i have it in the unhappy position, vs its stock happy position. in that setup with the XR rear bilstien shocks its a 1 7/8", so pretty much 2" drop. so combine that with a 2" block and im sittin at 4" out back. when i had just the 4x4/PreRunner leafs on, it was at a 1.5" drop.

if you have any other questions let me know
Old 02-17-2010, 12:43 AM   #28
Thread Jacker
schiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
AZNs haha. are you the nerdy guy on the right or the left in the pic up there^ not the bed hammock one
Old 02-17-2010, 01:12 AM   #30
Thread Jacker
schiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
oh haha. those guys look like they just got done mining for gold in WOW. hahajk. im a nerd too.
Old 02-20-2010, 03:57 PM   #31
jeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Active Duty
Name: Jeremie
jeremiekc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hedlesbrmstkbass View Post
thanks. the suspension stuff did stiffen it up a bunch. you can always go the pure DJM route and retain your stock ride. also, because im not notched out back the ride is a little rough, but tolerable. if you go with the DJM kit and notch out back you should retain stock ride quality
I am looking at getting the Sittin sick 2.5" drop kit for the front and 1.5" drop kit for the rear with a mono leaf. The whole kit runs for about $710. I am also looking at getting their front Sway bar and as soon as I can find a fabricator that will fabricate some brackets I will get their rear sway bar. I just want to drop it down a little bit to lower the center of gravity. It handles like a real bitch at 115 mph on the Autobahn. I figured out why my ride was so rough and that was because I am running the Stock TRD Billstein rear shocks. I am looking at going with a lot softer shock for the rear.
Old 02-20-2010, 09:02 PM   #32
Male Member
Taco Ron is a splendid one to beholdTaco Ron is a splendid one to beholdTaco Ron is a splendid one to beholdTaco Ron is a splendid one to beholdTaco Ron is a splendid one to beholdTaco Ron is a splendid one to beholdTaco Ron is a splendid one to behold

Taco Ron's Tacoma Gallery
Lookin good, man. Like the camera work on some of those shots too.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:00 PM   #33

Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremiekc View Post
I am looking at getting the Sittin sick 2.5" drop kit for the front and 1.5" drop kit for the rear with a mono leaf. The whole kit runs for about $710. I am also looking at getting their front Sway bar and as soon as I can find a fabricator that will fabricate some brackets I will get their rear sway bar. I just want to drop it down a little bit to lower the center of gravity. It handles like a real bitch at 115 mph on the Autobahn. I figured out why my ride was so rough and that was because I am running the Stock TRD Billstein rear shocks. I am looking at going with a lot softer shock for the rear.
if your gonna get the mono leafs keep the bilstiens, theyre for an X runner right? if you run a leaf with less curve, the shock is not in its sweet spot anymore, so it rides a little better. and these shocks do work better when it has a stiffer spring to work with. leafs and shocks are a real funny thing lol it really depends on what exact setup you run...if you get the composite leafs, which are stiffer, and keep your rear shocks the ride should actually get a little better

and if you lower it you'll prob get a little better mpg. no joke. esp on our trucks.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:32 AM   #35
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) veteran
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Yeeeahhhhhhaaaaaa boiii!

Poi poundaz gettin Beefed.

Lucky, I will be soon too
Old 03-05-2010, 01:54 AM   #38
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) veteran
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
I'm stealing the stickers in the bed idea.
Old 03-05-2010, 02:42 AM   #39
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
sick truck! funny to say, im looking to go SUA in the near future

Products Discussed in this Thread