Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Kelson's Reg. Cab

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-06-2010, 08:59 AM   #43
lowzone has a spectacular aura aboutlowzone has a spectacular aura about
Name: Ron
lowzone's Tacoma Gallery
whats the offset and width of the RX8 rims? i HAVE to replace these 15 steelies....theya re KILLING ME!!!!!!! i can figure out any rwd Isuzu 6 lug wheel offset, but this positive offset throws me . Im looking online and they say 50mm offset, how is that possible and not be waaaaaaaaaaay in the fenderwells ? are you running spacers?

are the rims staggered, i like how they sit near the fenderwells and not tucking. any info would be great!!
looking great
Ron
Old 03-06-2010, 09:09 AM   #44
Taco.Tim is on a distinguished road

Name: Tim
Taco.Tim's Tacoma Gallery
That looks really nice. Bravo!
Old 03-06-2010, 09:17 AM   #45
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
nice truck.
Old 03-06-2010, 10:36 AM   #46
Thread Jacker
schiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
how did you get the front bumper painted? did you do it yourself or did you have it professionally done? how much did it cost you in total?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hedlesbrmstkbass View Post
DJM 3/3.75

XR springs + DJM UCAs and LCAs front
4X4 leafs w/ the stock 5 lug overload unhappy position and 2" block rear

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image.

Old 03-06-2010, 10:16 PM   #47
My Truck is Cuter than Yours
Kelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelson
Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowzone View Post
whats the offset and width of the RX8 rims? i HAVE to replace these 15 steelies....theya re KILLING ME!!!!!!! i can figure out any rwd Isuzu 6 lug wheel offset, but this positive offset throws me . Im looking online and they say 50mm offset, how is that possible and not be waaaaaaaaaaay in the fenderwells ? are you running spacers?

are the rims staggered, i like how they sit near the fenderwells and not tucking. any info would be great!!
looking great
Ron
from what ive read theyre 18X8 with a +50 offset...so idk? lol im not to sure what the stock offset is, and they are wider than stock rims...so...lol..idk? and im not running spacers.

the rims aren't staggered, if you see my truck in person, and if you look closely at the pics the rear sits a little further in than the fronts, i guess just because how our axle is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schiz94 View Post
how did you get the front bumper painted? did you do it yourself or did you have it professionally done? how much did it cost you in total?
i took to my friends shop. it was around $170 but yeah...he gave me a pretty good deal lol...i think the paint and clearcoat on it came out to around $100...

that $170 btw included bodywork cause i hit a pole lol....

thanks for all your comments
Old 03-06-2010, 10:18 PM   #48
Kelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TioTaco View Post
Nice looking little Taco. Wish I could lower mine but on these dirt roads, not a good idea. Your truck looks awesome. I usually don't like the big wheel look but this one blows that thoery all to hell.
i think our trucks look a little better with larger wheels, just cause our trucks are bigger compared to the last generation. 17s or 18s are THE largest i would go, but personally 16s and 17s look good on those trucks. i might step it up to 19s with a little better offset later on so i can fit bigger brakes, but thats not for awhile.

also i have 60 series tires on the 18s...lol helps with less of the wagon wheel look when u have low pro tires
Old 03-06-2010, 10:34 PM   #49
Thread Jacker
schiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
if all i wanted was a better overall ride and didnt want to lower it too much.. what would i wanna do, im already setting up a purchase of some xrunner rims. i wanna get super dark tint, and then paint the rims black. a guy on CT said the sittin sic coils. i wanna have enough money to get a new deck and get the tint. and i have 1000 right now. mom is buying the tires. the guy wants 600 for the rims.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:03 PM   #50

Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by schiz94 View Post
if all i wanted was a better overall ride and didnt want to lower it too much.. what would i wanna do, im already setting up a purchase of some xrunner rims. i wanna get super dark tint, and then paint the rims black. a guy on CT said the sittin sic coils. i wanna have enough money to get a new deck and get the tint. and i have 1000 right now. mom is buying the tires. the guy wants 600 for the rims.
if you don't want to go too low id go with the ss kit...the thing is though its $300 ish plus new front struts which would run around $140 or so...id try and wait off on a better deal for the rims, 600 with no tires is a little steep.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:53 PM   #51
Thread Jacker

schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
ok, well hes not trying to make any money off of them, hes just trying to pay for his next set
Old 03-07-2010, 12:05 AM   #52
Thread Jacker

schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
but imm asee if i cant trade anything with him to get it down to 500
Old 03-07-2010, 03:51 PM   #53
Hawaiian Taco is on a distinguished road

Hawaiian Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Lighting

I like your lighting- how are the HIDs? Any probs from the HPD with the blue lights?
Old 03-07-2010, 05:57 PM   #54
MarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: KC-130J Loadmaster
Name: Brian
MarineTacoDriver's Tacoma Gallery
Must say, I'm not a big fan of lowered trucks, but yours I genuinely like!
Old 03-08-2010, 04:16 AM   #55

Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiian Taco View Post
I like your lighting- how are the HIDs? Any probs from the HPD with the blue lights?
r u talking about the interior lights? cause theyre white lol...i guess how the pics come out the coloring makes em look blue...but yah..

the HIDs died like idk...4 months ago? i think? lol imma wait to put new ones back when i get safety, but when did have them in i actually didn't have any problems, they were 4500k so they weren't blue at all, pretty much pure white. i went through some duis with them, and when i did get flagged down the officer didn't even mention it, he was just talking about how bright my dome light was lol...
Old 03-25-2010, 09:39 AM   #57
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) veteran.
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Das good brah.

You no like go beach?

Get some on da beach ya?

Shoots.
Old 03-25-2010, 11:12 PM   #60
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) veteran.
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Well, you can always drive that mofro into a pineapple field on the north shore and snap a couple pics yea?

Products Discussed in this Thread