Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

warn M8000 install in CBI moab front bumper

Old 09-08-2011, 11:04 PM   #1
Alaskan Assassin
907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bobby
907taco's Tacoma Gallery
warn M8000 install in CBI moab front bumper

after installing my yellow top optima recently i finally am able to hook up my winch, after getting ready to hook up wires and contol box i realized that there wasn't much room to put the box in the normal place (far left of winch)

I spoke with steve at CBI and he said most people place under the hood, I did not want to have to open the hood everytime i want or need to use the winch so a few beers later i decided to mount the box to my grillecraft

I had to open the cover and re arrange wire so they come out the bottom of box instead of the top rear.

i used the existing bolt/nut and attached to grill, i also re drilled holes for driving lights and moved them over 2" for the box to fit inbetween lights as they would not fit. of course i found out after i had attached it to the grille, so another beer and some drilling

i had to extend the ground from box to motor ground, i needed the excess wire for it to reach the box using some butt conectors and added then added a snap connector for easy removal (repairs etc...)

once i had the correct length i followed the instructions from warn, cable tied the wires, hooked up to battery and everything works. I also added my hook tied off to shackle.
These last 4 photos are what it looks like now.

I cannot wait to test this out on a few tree stumps in the yard tomorrow.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:44 PM   #2
XxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr.Chow
XxTHe FioLOxX's Tacoma Gallery
NICE BUMPER MAN, IT LOOKS GREAT