Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

D4D Hilux Dude's Build

Old 09-17-2011, 05:51 AM   #1
D4D Hilux Dude is a jewel in the roughD4D Hilux Dude is a jewel in the roughD4D Hilux Dude is a jewel in the roughD4D Hilux Dude is a jewel in the rough

Name: Darren
D4D Hilux Dude's Tacoma Gallery
D4D Hilux Dude's Build

Hello all,

I got my Tacoma a few weeks ago and I've decided to create a build thread to document all of the changes I have planned for it.

So first up... The stock vehicle:
2011 4x4 6speed manual 4.0 double cab Tacoma.

Here are some pics of it stock:

Old 09-17-2011, 06:11 AM   #2
D4D Hilux Dude is a jewel in the roughD4D Hilux Dude is a jewel in the roughD4D Hilux Dude is a jewel in the roughD4D Hilux Dude is a jewel in the rough

Tailgate anti theft Mod

I installed the anti theft hose clamp mod on my tailgate.

I could not find the ones with the key, so I bought a normal hose clamp. I spray painted it black (just one coat) so it didn't stand out with the tail gate open. I also put a layer of black duct tape on the inside of the clamp so there is some form of insulation between the clamp and the tailgate.

It doesn't look black in the pic but its is.
Old 09-17-2011, 06:15 AM   #3
Russell F is on a distinguished road
Name: Russell
Russell F's Tacoma Gallery
Im digging the black man, congrats on the new taco
Old 09-17-2011, 10:34 AM   #4
ride BMX!
littledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
littledvl's Tacoma Gallery
Clean truck, where in DC are you? Im only 5min south, usually work in dc 4 days out the week.
Old 09-17-2011, 10:00 PM   #5
Ivan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ivan
Ivan's Tacoma Gallery
Nice lookin truck, good tailgate mod, I keep thinking that its pointless and no one will ever steal mine, and after everytime I say that I peep outside to make sure its still there
Old 09-17-2011, 10:02 PM   #6
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Gonna drop a diesel in it?
Old 09-18-2011, 02:18 AM   #8
BUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: KC-135A/R Crew Chief NKAWTG
BUZZCUT's Tacoma Gallery
No ABS?
Old 09-18-2011, 07:16 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledvl View Post
Clean truck, where in DC are you? Im only 5min south, usually work in dc 4 days out the week.
I'm in southwest DC not too far from the mall.

Nice looking rig you got in your avatar
Old 09-18-2011, 07:18 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B. View Post
Gonna drop a diesel in it?
Nope... well not anytime soon.

I used to have a Hilux with a 3.0 D4D turbo diesel engine. Had lots of torque and I was never worried with water crossings
Old 09-18-2011, 07:19 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUZZCUT View Post
No ABS?
The ABS pump is on the driver's side where the brake fluid reservoir is.
Old 09-18-2011, 07:20 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
When your ready to loose the chrome grill let me know...
Thanks... I like the look of the satoshi grills you do, however for now I'm happy with the chrome grill...
Old 09-18-2011, 07:23 AM   #13

Last weekend, i had the Tacoma rust proofed at ziebart.

A little added protection against rusting and salt covered roads
Old 09-26-2011, 11:42 AM   #14

Crossed the 1000 mile mark this weekend....

Hoping to have some goodies installed tomorrow...

I'll post pics when it completed
Old 10-02-2011, 04:53 PM   #15

Thumbs up New Stuff

I got the tacoma back from the dealer last Thursday with some newly installed goodies...

Let me know what you think

Old 10-02-2011, 04:57 PM   #16
me gusta pechos firmes
jivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jack MeHoff
jivewalker's Tacoma Gallery
Absolutely disgusting
Old 10-02-2011, 05:03 PM   #17
ATriplett513 has much to be proud ofATriplett513 has much to be proud ofATriplett513 has much to be proud ofATriplett513 has much to be proud ofATriplett513 has much to be proud ofATriplett513 has much to be proud ofATriplett513 has much to be proud ofATriplett513 has much to be proud of
Army:
ATriplett513's Tacoma Gallery
How's the supercharger?
Old 10-02-2011, 05:04 PM   #18
Camburg :)
Ptowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryce
Ptowntaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jivewalker View Post
Absolutely disgusting
x2

you like the added power?
Old 10-03-2011, 05:04 AM   #19

Cool

^^ yep... its great to have power on demand. The exhaust is much quieter than I expect from the inside. You only really hear it at the higher RPMs.

I need to find some trails to test it offroad.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:15 AM   #20
2.7bluetaco is on a distinguished road
Name: jacob
2.7bluetaco's Tacoma Gallery
ohhhhhh yeaaaa wish i had the money for that!