Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

MattGecko's Build - 11 DCSB MGM OR 4x4

Old 10-09-2012, 02:55 PM   #21
Super Taco
mattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mattgecko's Tacoma Gallery
I think the camera added 10lbs of mud/dirt, I'm going to have to detail the engine bay.

Thanks Mike for the help with the install.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:31 AM   #22
Super Taco
mattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Built and installed an PVC oil catch can.

DIY OCC Thread: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...catch-can.html
Old 10-22-2012, 10:47 AM   #23
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tor
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
That right there is ingenuity at it finest, for the catch can. Looks good, cheap to make, and performs very well.

You should definitely get a picture of how much oil comes out of the catch can, when you do your next oil change. Over the long haul, you will keep your engine much cleaner, as well as compression much better.

So how are you liking the added power, now that you have no CEL's?
Old 10-22-2012, 11:45 AM   #24
Super Taco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
That right there is ingenuity at it finest, for the catch can. Looks good, cheap to make, and performs very well.

You should definitely get a picture of how much oil comes out of the catch can, when you do your next oil change. Over the long haul, you will keep your engine much cleaner, as well as compression much better.

So how are you liking the added power, now that you have no CEL's?
Thanks, I just changed the oil last weekend so in about 4 months I'll post a pic of what I recover.

OMG the truck is so much fun to drive and I love to make her whine!!

I'm trying hard to keep the RPM's below 2,300 for one tank of gas to see if I can hit 400 miles per tank. My previous best (mostly highway miles) was 300.

EDIT: The gas millage is about the same as before, no increase.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:17 AM   #25
Super Taco

Just picked up my Sliding window security bar's from the powder coating shop.

Available here:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...urity-bar.html
Old 10-27-2012, 04:04 PM   #26
Super Taco

I forgot to update my thread when I installed the CB.

Semi-stealth CB install

The antenna mount is a modified uni-strut bracket painted black.
Old 10-28-2012, 02:40 PM   #27
Super Taco

Spent Saturday color matching the grill, emblem and repainting light covers.

Old 10-28-2012, 03:07 PM   #28
EODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: EOD Tech
Name: Jacob
EODTech08's Tacoma Gallery
I like it! Have you thought about painting the radiator? I'm gonna do mine next weekend after I get my truck back from the shop.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:27 PM   #29
Super Taco

Quote:
Originally Posted by EODTech08 View Post
I like it! Have you thought about painting the radiator? I'm gonna do mine next weekend after I get my truck back from the shop.
I painted the inter cooler before I installed it but until you pointed the lower portion of the radiator out I hadn't noticed it.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:30 AM   #30
cowbell is on a distinguished road

Name: tom
cowbell's Tacoma Gallery
loving the setup!

Truck looks real good. I am deciding on similar set up for suspension. Do you think UCA's are necessary? Did you have any alignment issues? Thinking about Icon stage 4 but want supercharger too and if I do the 5100 and leaf pack I can afford the charger.....maybe. if you have any "wish I would have done this or that's" I would greatly appreciate your input. For the record, I have a 2012 Baja version.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:33 AM   #31
Super Taco

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowbell View Post
Truck looks real good. I am deciding on similar set up for suspension. Do you think UCA's are necessary? Did you have any alignment issues? Thinking about Icon stage 4 but want supercharger too and if I do the 5100 and leaf pack I can afford the charger.....maybe. if you have any "wish I would have done this or that's" I would greatly appreciate your input. For the record, I have a 2012 Baja version.
Nope, no alignment issues and I still have the stock UCA's (lifted 2.5"). I am happy with my suspension (cost was about $600, I think). The Fox/Icon/King setups are really nice and I would love to have any of them but I can't justify spending that kind of money for what I use my truck for.

My only regret is not getting one size bigger tire, but couldn't pass up $600 for (4) new BFG's (265/70/17).

Advice I received was, get the lift you want you the first time and don't settle. Supercharge and save for the lift or lift and save for the SC.
Doing it right the first time is cheaper.
Old 11-17-2012, 05:47 PM   #32
Super Taco

Made and installed under hood LED lights and installed a blue sea external fuse box.

The switch for the lights is attached to the new fuse box.

Old 11-18-2012, 07:32 PM   #33
Super Taco

Today I made and installed LED bed lights.

Spent a few hours soldering (3) 3' sections of LED lights. The LED's are flexible, waterproof and can be cut in to sections on (3) leds.

I still have a 15' roll, what to make next?

The Switch, out of sight and harms way. I am going to add a black rubber cap to make it stealth.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:12 AM   #35
andrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: 2 Battalion 4th Marines
Name: ANDREW
andrew8404's Tacoma Gallery
Nice build and thanks for the pictures. Doing the same lift but wasn't sure the 1.5 icon rear aal would match up with the 2.5 up front. Looks pretty level to me.
Old 12-01-2012, 04:25 PM   #36
Super Taco

Installed Redline hood struts. Very nice product!

Sorry, bad cell phone pic.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:02 PM   #37
I love your mom!
Slimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Sergeant First Class
Name: Linwood
Slimwood Shady's Tacoma Gallery
Love the build any more info on how you installed the remote tank purge button? Pics would be great as well...
Old 12-01-2012, 06:33 PM   #38
Super Taco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimwood Shady View Post
Love the build any more info on how you installed the remote tank purge button? Pics would be great as well...
Thanks!

I used a momentary switch and a cheap 12v actuator valve that i bought from Grainger. I'll post a pics tomorrow.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:48 PM   #39
claymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant future

Name: Clay
claymore's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck. Love the head lights. I have the same lift in my garage to be installed next weekend. What did you set the 5100s at? I bought the 1/2 top spacers, but I am debating if I should install them. What are your thoughts, and hows the ride?
Old 12-01-2012, 07:12 PM   #40
Super Taco

Quote:
Originally Posted by claymore View Post
Nice truck. Love the head lights. I have the same lift in my garage to be installed next weekend. What did you set the 5100s at? I bought the 1/2 top spacers, but I am debating if I should install them. What are your thoughts, and hows the ride?
I don't recall what the setting was, think .85?

My truck had the Bro lean. Make sure to take a measurement before you start, you may need 1/4" spacer for the front drivers side. I had to take the drivers side back apart and add the 1/4" spacer.

When I was researching lifts members were kind of negative about using spacers to lift. Using the 1/2" spacers with 5100 might throw your alignment off and require aftermarket UCA.

The ride is excellent, you will not be disappointed with the 5100 and Eibach/Toytec combo.