Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

MattGecko's Build - 11 DCSB MGM OR 4x4

Old 09-18-2011, 12:49 PM   #1
Super Taco
mattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mattgecko's Tacoma Gallery
MattGecko's Build - 11 DCSB MGM OR 4x4

Bought stock in July 2011:
2011 Tacoma Double Cab Short Bed Off-Road 4x4
Magnetic Gray Metallic

Jan 2014

9/2012

Off road package, stock height & Lifted height:
Front Drive: 34 1/4" ...... 37 1/8"
Front Pass: 34" ............ 37 1/4"
Rear Drive: 36" ............ 38 1/2"
Rear Pass: 36 1/2" ....... 38 3/4"

unfortunately I measured from the fender to the ground, so my measurements are not accurate.

Engine & under the hood:
TRD Super charger,
TRD CAI (new style),
TRD Cat-Back exhaust (chopped off behind axle),
Fuel pressure mod (for super charger) http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/...sure+regulator
42 draft designs - Stealth Oil Catch Can with external filter
ARB Air Compressor (CKMTA12),
Blue Sea 5028 external fuse block,
Redline Quick lift plus hood struts,

Exterior:
All-Pro rock sliders (powder coated),
De-badged Doors and tailgate,
Front Mud Flap (Removed),
Rear diff Breather relocate,
Catz CL-124 Projector Reverse light,
BI-Xenon FX-R stage IV HID kit ....... TacomaWorld vendor: TRS
3' Firestik Firefly Antenna,
MGM Sleeper eyelids ...................... TacomaWorld user: Toyota Man
OEM MGM Color Matched Grille .…. TacomaWorld Vender: Camelback Toyota
Relentless front aluminum plate bumper - powder coated black
Relentless rear plate bumper - powder coated black

Interior:
Toyota alarm system,
Boost / Vacuum Gauge (PLX DM-5),
110v outlets in cab,
Back-up cam anytime switch,
4x4 Illuminated Switch ………………. TacomaWorld user: rcbs204,
Rear-View Mirror Lift Bracket ……….. TacomaWorld user: ImMrYo,
Contura V - compressor & off-road light Switches (from OTRATTW.com)
Uniden 520XL CB,
Sliding Window Security bar (powder coated) - Available here: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...urity-bar.html
Motion sensing glove box / arm box light - Available here: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ion-light.html

Suspension and Stuff:
Camburg UCA 1.25 uni-ball,
Toytec/ Eibach springs,
(4) Bilstein 5100's,
WHE 3 leaf pack,
1/4" driver side spacer (Taco lean fixed),
3/8" top plate spacer kit with studs,
U Bolt flip kit,
Wheelers F&R super bumps,
OME Carrier bearing drop FK29
Axle shims

Lighting:
Rigid Industries - Dually flood lights
Under hood LED lighting kit - Available here http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ed-lights.html
Bed rail LED lighting kit - Available here http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ed-lights.html
LED mini Pods in the rear bumper (10w ea)

Shoes and Brakes:
ATX Ledge 17" (Teflon coating),
BFG AT KO 285/70/17,
Steel Braided Brake Lines (+3") .....http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gro...group-buy.html
ATO Dot 4 brake fluid - blue,

In the works:

[/FONT]Future Mods:
Skid Plates

Old 09-18-2011, 01:30 PM   #2
Super Taco
mattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shed

110v power outlet in cab

A few shots from the receptacle install.

I couldn't find the special clip in outlets that some of the other guys used so I just bought a regular dark gray one from Low's.

I cut a section out of a 1" PVC bushing and epoxy it in to place. You can push as hard as you want, the receptacle won’t budge.

Old 09-18-2011, 01:36 PM   #3
precoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: corey
precoma's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have a close up shot of your rims
Old 09-18-2011, 01:54 PM   #4
Super Taco

Quote:
Originally Posted by precoma View Post
Do you have a close up shot of your rims
I cant decide if I like the center caps.

Old 09-18-2011, 02:09 PM   #5
Super Taco

All Pro Kickout rock sliders

I decided to go with the silver/black speckled paint because the powder coat guy said it would take the most abuse.

60LBS each and 12 bolts into the frame per bar, these are some kick a$$ bars!!

Old 09-18-2011, 02:13 PM   #6
Super Taco

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmcqueen280 View Post
im no fan of center caps but without them it really looks like its missing something. id keep em.

I am thinking about have some 5 1/2" round x 1/8" think aluminum discs made up to replace the caps.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:33 AM   #7
Super Taco

Westin Light Bar and 6" Procomp lights

I drilled and wire the bar.

Took a palm sander to the white KC letters.

Old 10-25-2011, 07:48 AM   #8
Super Taco

Finally made it to the Hollister off-road park. Man the truck handles great!!

Old 10-25-2011, 07:52 AM   #9
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
great looking truck. i have some family out in hollister. you know the Fowles?
Old 10-26-2011, 08:26 AM   #10
Super Taco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew H View Post
great looking truck. i have some family out in hollister. you know the Fowles?

Moved here not to long ago and don't know a lot of people here.

Matt
Old 03-23-2012, 02:30 PM   #11
mortifer is on a distinguished road

Name: Mike
mortifer's Tacoma Gallery
Nice, that's my second favorite color on a Tacoma!
I like it with the center caps on.
Old 03-24-2012, 08:25 AM   #13
Super Taco

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortifer View Post
Nice, that's my second favorite color on a Tacoma!
I like it with the center caps on.
Hey Mike - Yes definitely better with the center caps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd View Post
Diggin the build!
Thanks! Nice wheels to you.
Old 05-17-2012, 07:37 AM   #15
Super Taco

Just finished my HID retro's, saved 25% on through a TW group buy, thanks TRS for the great deal!!

I went with: FX-R 4, Orbit shrouds, Denso slim ballasts and 4300K bulbs.

The headlights are OEM black chrome and I painted the inner bowls MGM (color match).

Old 07-26-2012, 08:00 AM   #16
Super Taco

The chrome shrouds just weren't working for me so cracked open the headlights and I painted them.

The local CHP kindly recommended that the off road lights get covered or I get ticketed, so I color match painted the ugly white pro-comp covers.

Old 09-16-2012, 01:01 PM   #17
Super Taco

After a long 5 months of saving, tomorrow I am finally ordering a TRD supercharger. My brother and I are going to install it.

I can't wait!!!

Added sleeper eyelids a couple weeks ago:

Old 09-23-2012, 10:07 AM   #18
Super Taco

It's like Christmas morning, but I'm not going to have time it install it for 2 very long weeks.

Old 09-24-2012, 02:37 PM   #19
mortifer is on a distinguished road

Name: Mike
mortifer's Tacoma Gallery
Can you buy one for me too please!

What's the estimated HP/Torque?
Old 09-25-2012, 08:35 AM   #20
Super Taco

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortifer View Post
Can you buy one for me too please!

What's the estimated HP/Torque?
Hey Mike,

You can have mine.... J/K
From 240HP ---> 304HP @ 5,400 RPM and 334lb/ft of torque at 3,600 RPM