Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Bill's Build

Old 09-20-2011, 08:23 PM   #1
wmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
wmdpowell's Tacoma Gallery
Bill's Build

Here is what I have done.
Photos will follow.
Reasoning for my mods or not going further.

Order Added.

Access Limited Tonneau cover.
Need a cover, Liked the roll up version. Fit is great. easy to use, fast up or down

Weather Tech Floor Mats
I live in Upstate NY. Regular cab with manual tran had limited options.

ERG window vents (in slot type)
Nice to keep you wind and let me leave windows open on rainy day

Inside Light
Led lights that plug into the extra cig ligather outlet.

Tint.
Nice 35 Dark on back window. Good tint guy in Albany ny did. Local cops asked that I remove the side tint (no ticket but I can take a hint)

At Tires. Whimpy dunlops had to go. Were ok but one day my wife asked "are you sure you have the right tires for this" as we drove up a rough shale cover ditch filled trail. I went with Hercules Terra Trac from Local shop. Good deal, nice tires. Stays with orginal size 245/75/16; did go with Load C LT 245/75/16 just to get a bit better sidewall. So far these tires rock on and off road. Quiet but dig right in when needed.
Old 09-24-2011, 03:16 PM   #3
wmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

First: Access limited cover. Need some of my stuff dry from time to time

Next Running Boards. My wife needed an a step to get in. I am not lifted but they are handy to block door dings too.

Also Shows my trimed front mud flaps. Trim them or they will trim themselves backing up over a rock or ditch (migh break if you don't trim)

Put on some visors too (erg, in slot) work fine.

I didn't feel i needed a lift. I did feel i needed better tires than the stock dunlops. Went with AT all terain C Load LT245/75/16 hercules terra trac (i think they are very similar to coopers and pep boys definities). So far so good. Nice ride, great traction, no hum on highway
. Here is the tread
Old 09-25-2011, 08:42 AM   #4

<object width="400" height="224" ><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.facebook.com/v/2465611365875" /><embed src="http://www.facebook.com/v/2465611365875" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="400" height="224"></embed></object>

Floodwater rd, near santa clara ny (near Floodwater pond, hoel pont, st regis wildners)
Old 10-01-2011, 10:14 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0uTkAsT View Post
Mmm, I just love those silver base model single cabs.

Have to crash my front and get a cool bumper like you have!
Old 10-01-2011, 10:17 PM   #7

Debadged the tail gate (some months ago); toyota tacoma emblems only on the gate on the 2011 regular cab.

Tonight black plasti-dip the the front grill logo.

I am no chrome, like it.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:51 AM   #8

Took the hub caps off after I lost one. Painted grey so it maches the steel wheels.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:58 AM   #9
Stockmonester is on a distinguished road
Name: Nick
Stockmonester's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Stockmonester
nice looking truck , any god trails out by albany area?
Old 09-06-2012, 01:04 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockmonester View Post
nice looking truck , any god trails out by albany area?
just some unimproved / seasonal town and county roads. They can be fun and you don't wreck your truck!

In western VT there are some nice National forest roads to drive on (off Rte 9 near sommerset resistor).
Old 10-08-2012, 09:50 PM   #11

Painted the steel wheels black (rustoleum gloss black spray).
Old 10-08-2012, 09:52 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmdpowell View Post
Painted the steel wheels black (rustoleum gloss black spray).
New
Bill's Build-imageuploadedbytapatalk1349754689.208806.jpg

Original
Bill's Build-imageuploadedbytapatalk1349754715.853281.jpg
Old 04-22-2013, 01:50 PM   #13

Ordered a softopper. I have to decide if I want to keep my tonneau or to try and sell it.