Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

4Wheeling4Bangerís Silver State Edition Build

Old 01-12-2012, 10:17 AM   #21
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yota1 View Post
Really want to see those wheels mounted. I see them on CL all the time, but not sure on bs, and look.
They are the older TRD Taco wheels and I tried them on before I bought them (I didn't know they were going to be TRD wheels, guy said they were steelies so I had a front wheel off so I could check the fit when he showed up). I'll have picks of them on my Taco next week after I get the tires installed.
Old 01-16-2012, 12:09 PM   #22
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I got my new tires for off roading, 255/85/16 BF Goodrich Mud Terrain T/A KM2 on TRD Alloys. I can't wait to get them dirty!

245/75/16 DungFlops on steelies

255/85/16 BFG KM2s on 1st Gen TRDs

Old 01-16-2012, 12:12 PM   #23
Fiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr.Chow
Fiolo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Wheelin4Banger View Post
I got my new tires for off roading, 255/85/16 BF Goodrich Mud Terrain T/A KM2 on TRD Alloys. I can't wait to get them dirty!

Very nice man and you got a great price on them too
Old 01-17-2012, 02:29 PM   #24
BadgerCO4x4 is on a distinguished road

Navy: Ex-pilot/PAO
Name: Mike
BadgerCO4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Tires look great! You'll have to tell us how they work out.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:17 PM   #25
Petrol head
RenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sloan
RenoTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome looking tires!
Old 01-17-2012, 10:11 PM   #26
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
You'll like those so much more. Looks good too.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:18 AM   #27
Longtime Toyman

Well I had to get them a little dirty today. I went up on the hill north of my house before taking it to the stealership for it's free oil change.

Old 02-02-2012, 07:33 PM   #28
01 5 speed
taco52 is on a distinguished road

Name: Trevor
taco52's Tacoma Gallery
Your truck looks really sick with those first gen rims on. I've never seen that done and it looks really good. Love the truck. Nice build you got there. Not too overdone. Clean and Mean!
Old 02-03-2012, 11:35 AM   #29
Longtime Toyman

Thanks.
It will look even meaner when it gets it's Relentless trail armor. Skids, sliders & bumpers, but those will have to wait. Mod fund is tapped out after getting the tires.
Old 02-05-2012, 04:58 PM   #30
Longtime Toyman

Put the mudders on for tomorrows trip. Picked up tomorrows lunch at Port of Subs & took the Taco swimming for the first time on the way home. Water comming over the hood and it just kept going.

http://youtu.be/EUPOZD-lEnM
Old 02-07-2012, 01:10 AM   #31
Longtime Toyman

I must say I do like the new tires. Took them for a swim, no problems. Took them on the first trail run, no problems. I should have aired down for the trail run just for comfort reasons, never ran into any traction problems. Without the 3" lift & the 33" tires I would have done a nose stand. I came very close to planting the front bumper & then dragging the rear. I should have stopped to take a picture.

More pics Ludwig Mines 2/6/12
Old 02-07-2012, 08:23 AM   #32
wyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: BLM/FS
wyotaco06's Tacoma Gallery
Hey, great build so far. Am thinking of going the OME route as well. There is NO WAY I would take my Tacoma through deep water without a snorkel on purpose!! I tend to avoid taking trucks through water that can go over the hood, because if it sucks water into the intake for just a brief second....no more engine.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:39 AM   #33
Longtime Toyman

Thanks.
As for Pyramid Puddle it would have only been a 5 to 10 minute walk of shame to my house to get my PreTaco to yank it out. I was only in about 3' deep, I stayed out of the deeper area (probably 4').
Old 02-09-2012, 11:41 AM   #34
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I must say I do like the new tires. Took them for a swim, no problems. Took them on the first trail run, no problems. I should have aired down for the trail run just for comfort reasons, never ran into any traction problems. Without the 3" lift & the 33" tires I would have done a nose stand. I came very close to planting the front bumper & then dragging the rear. I should have stopped to take a picture.
I can help with that lack of clearance you speak of Randy...
haha

BTW, should be getting round 2 of skids next week so you'll probably be getting a call from me for some test fitting.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:54 AM   #35
Longtime Toyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
I can help with that lack of clearance you speak of Randy...
Are you doing hover conversions now too?
Skids and sliders from you will be next, then eventually bumpers from you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
BTW, should be getting round 2 of skids next week so you'll probably be getting a call from me for some test fitting.
OK let me know. I'll bing my camera for some better pics.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:48 PM   #36
la0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Nice build Randy
Old 02-11-2012, 10:34 AM   #37
Longtime Toyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by la0d0g View Post
Nice build Randy
Thanks Matt.
Better get a bigger tub of popcorn, it's gonna be a while.
Old 02-11-2012, 10:43 AM   #38
Petrol head
RenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sloan
RenoTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I gotcha back Matt
Old 02-11-2012, 11:00 AM   #39
Longtime Toyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenoTacoma View Post
I gotcha back Matt

Thanks Sloan.
Everybody help yourself.
Old 02-11-2012, 11:08 AM   #40
BIGBADJON22 is on a distinguished road

Name: jonathan
BIGBADJON22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Put the mudders on for tomorrows trip. Picked up tomorrows lunch at Port of Subs & took the Taco swimming for the first time on the way home. Water comming over the hood and it just kept going.

http://youtu.be/EUPOZD-lEnM
NICE SWIM!

http://youtu.be/TKMYmx3-XNg