Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

4Wheeling4Banger’s Silver State Edition Build

Old 01-24-2013, 01:29 PM   #101
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
My Taco got featured on TacomaHQ.com
http://www.tacomahq.com/2593/featured-truck-2011-toyota-tacoma-4wheelin4banger/#more-2593
Old 01-24-2013, 02:29 PM   #102
Its 4 o’clock somewhere
la0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Thats sweet. Nice write up and read. Congrats!
Old 01-25-2013, 12:25 PM   #103
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks Matt.
I wrote all but the intro & captions under the pics.
Tim is a new member here & he said he was the editor of TacomaHQ.com.
I checked out his site (lot of good info there) and found the featured truck section where it says contact us if you want to see your truck featured so I did.
I sent him a pic & the specs for my mod. He replied that he would like to feature mine and wanted more info like when I got it & what I like to do with it. So I wrote what I did and the rest is history.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:13 PM   #104
Longtime Toyman

Swapped 42W fog bulbs for 55W yellow ones & added stock receiver hitch. Thanks mdgribble.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:19 PM   #105
Longtime Toyman

Eric welded on my sliders & I picked up my skid plates today.

Old 02-15-2013, 01:22 PM   #106
Longtime Toyman

For anyone wondering why they haven't seen pics of my skids mounted yet it"s because I screwed up the paint job.
I'm painting them Rustoleum hammered silver & I learned you should not use this paint with metal sitting on cold concrete. I warmed the garage with a Coleman lantern so the air temp in the garage was around 55* to 60* but the concrete was a different story. The paint came out all funky looking so I need to repaint them.
Old 02-21-2013, 01:41 PM   #107
Longtime Toyman

Well I installed my skids yesterday.

Front end has lowered to 22 5/8" center hub to fender after installing sliders & skids.
Now I need to decide if I realign & live with it or install 1/4" spacers to regain 1/2" & realign it.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:53 AM   #108
Longtime Toyman

Well I made up my mind & got the 1/4" top plate spacers from Eric while we were in town today to regain 1/2" of what I lost adding sliders & skids.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:43 AM   #109
Its 4 o’clock somewhere
la0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Wheelin4Banger View Post
Well I made up my mind & got the 1/4" top plate spacers from Eric while we were in town today to regain 1/2" of what I lost adding sliders & skids.
I know its not supposed to effect the ride at all but let me know how it feels after you install them Randy
Old 02-26-2013, 10:34 AM   #110
Longtime Toyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by la0d0g View Post
I know its not supposed to effect the ride at all but let me know how it feels after you install them Randy
Well it rides better with the extra weight. I'll update after I install them.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:19 PM   #111
Curt7088 is a splendid one to beholdCurt7088 is a splendid one to beholdCurt7088 is a splendid one to beholdCurt7088 is a splendid one to beholdCurt7088 is a splendid one to beholdCurt7088 is a splendid one to behold
Army: Lab Tech @Winn Army Community Hospital
Name: Curtis
Curt7088's Tacoma Gallery
the truck is still amazing i drool over the pics here everytime i log in... lol
Old 02-27-2013, 01:11 AM   #112
Longtime Toyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt7088 View Post
the truck is still amazing i drool over the pics here every time i log in... lol
Thanks Curtis.
It gets better every time I throw money at it.
Funny how that works.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:51 PM   #113
Curt7088 is a splendid one to beholdCurt7088 is a splendid one to beholdCurt7088 is a splendid one to beholdCurt7088 is a splendid one to beholdCurt7088 is a splendid one to beholdCurt7088 is a splendid one to behold
yeah i know what you mean... i hate that is has to be that way, but i'm glad i can do it!
Old 03-01-2013, 01:25 PM   #114
Longtime Toyman

Thanks to Walt & the rest of the great people at Blitzpro I have won two free LED light bars so far.
They still haven't anounced all the winners yet, so there maybe more on the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzpro
Hi,
We're excited to inform you that you've won the giveaway for February 16th with your photo entry!
You've won a Blitzpro 6LZ compact LED bar and a special Valentine's gift courtesy of Blitzpro!
Please provide me with your email address, name, and contact phone number. I'll send you a Paypal invoice for the $5 shipping fee and I will go ahead and ship your item to you.
Thanks for your support and thanks for playing!
You may enter again tomorrow, however, you must submit a new photo entry.
Please let me know if you have any further questions.
-Walt

6 High powered 1 watt LEDs will light up your way. Aluminum housing maintains continuous thermal management to maintain reliable temperatures for efficient led power. You will receive the led light along with mounting hardware. *Not compatible with Blitzpro mounts*
  • Beam pattern: Flood (Fog)
  • Waterproof rating: IP67
  • Length: 6 inches
  • Width: 1.75 inches
  • Height: 2 inches
  • Lumens: 800
  • Consumption: 6 Watts
  • Voltage range: 9-32
  • LED Lifespan: 130,000 hours
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzpro
Hi,
We're excited to inform you that you've won the giveaway for February 22th with your photo entry!
You've won a Hawk 6D light rail courtesy of Blitzpro!
Please provide me with your email address, name, and contact phone number. I'll send you a Paypal invoice for the $5 shipping fee and I will go ahead and ship your item to you.
Thanks for your support and thanks for playing!
You may enter again tomorrow, however, you must submit a new photo entry.
Please let me know if you have any further questions.
-Walt

6 High powered 3 watt LEDs will light up your way. Aluminum housing maintains continuous thermal management to maintain reliable temperatures for efficient led power. You will receive the led light along with mounting hardware.
  • Beam pattern: Flood
  • Waterproof rating: IP67
  • Length: 4.5 inches
  • Height: 4.75 inches
  • Width: 2.75 inches
  • Lumens: 1355
  • Consumption: 18 Watts
  • Voltage range: 12-24V
  • LED Lifespan: 130,000 hours
Old 03-02-2013, 05:44 AM   #115
Wow that's awesome dude ull be glad to know I ordered a set of cooper discoverer st's 255/85/16 just yesterday and will have my add a leafs for the rear Monday... Well hopefully I can finally get rid of those damn over leaf spring helpers lol I used those to level the rear with the front after installing my bilsteins and it worked but damn is it a rough ride are u going to be mounting both of those lights or are you selling one? Congrats on the win dude
Old 03-02-2013, 12:30 PM   #116
Longtime Toyman

I'm thinking of buying another 6D to have a pair on the bumper.
And the 6LZ either between them or as an extra backup light.
Old 03-04-2013, 01:10 PM   #117
Longtime Toyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by la0d0g View Post
I just finnished adding 1/4" top plate spacers & I'm almost where I was before adding the sliders & skids.
I was 23 3/8" DS I'm now 23 1/8".
It rides just like it did before adding the spacer, just 1/2" higher & better than it did before adding the sliders & skids.
Old 03-04-2013, 03:39 PM   #118
That's good to know I saw that toytec has a kit to change the bilsteins to full coilovers and I think I'm going to go with that... So far the 5100s are amazing but I also love ome stuff... Had an one on my tj and my liberty and they were the best.... Its still a debate...
Old 03-05-2013, 02:16 AM   #119
Longtime Toyman

I went OME because they don't preload the coils.
Even with the conversion kit you will only be able to adjust the preload easier.
By adding a 1/4" top plat spacer I increased my lift 1/2" without changing the load of the coil or decreasing the compression room.
It rides exactly like it did before I added the spacer.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:37 PM   #120
Hhhhhmmmm and the plot thickens... Lol u weren't supposed to tell me that it just made the decision harder