Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

4Wheeling4Bangerís Silver State Edition Build

Old 09-23-2011, 07:46 PM   #1
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
4Wheeling4Bangerís Silver State Edition Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Legal disclaimer: As with any Modification, in the rare event of an erection lasting more than 4 hours, seek immediate medical help to avoid long-term injury. In rare instances, men performing mods on their trucks reported a sudden decrease or loss of vision. It is not possible to determine whether these events are related directly to these mods or to other factors. If you experience sudden decrease or loss of vision, stop doing mods, and call a doctor right away. The most common side effects vehicle maintenance and mods are headache, facial flushing, upset stomach, less money, and angry spouse. Less commonly, bluish vision, blurred vision, anal seepage, or sensitivity to light may briefly occur.
In my opinion any mod over $500 that doesn't cause an erection lasting at least 4 hours is a waste of time and money.

Well my build got off to a good start but it’s going to be a long time till it’s finished if ever.

My most recent mod pics.

Some trail pics
Out playing in the snow with some TWers.

On another trip in the morning we hit the mud puddles & trenches,

and later that day the snow in the mountain forest.

The Truck 2011 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 Access Cab Silver State Edition
Engine 2TRE-FE 2.7L
Transmission 5 Speed Manual
Wheels & Tires
Commuters
16" Stock styled steel with 245/75/16 Dungflop AT20s
Wheelers
16" 1st Gen TRD Alloys (the equivalent of 3/4" wheel spacers) with 255/85/16 BF Goodrich Mud Terrain T/A KM2

Upgrades

Suspension
1. 885x OME Coils (with 1/4" spacers added after adding sliders & skids)
2. OME 90000 NitroCharger Sport Fronts
3. Trim Packer
4. OME Dakar HD Leaf Springs
5. Bilstein 5100's Rear
6. Sway bar removed

Exterior Modifications & Accessories
1. SnugTop Hi-Liner Shell
2. My Auto OEM Fog Light Mod now with 55W yellow bulbs.
3. Mud Flap Trim Mod
4. Tailgate Anti-theft Mod
5. Custom Relentless Grill Emblem
6. Stock receiver hitch added.
7. Blitzpro 6LZ above shell window & Blitzpro Hawk 6D on back of diff added for additional reverse lights

Trail Armor
Relentless Fabrication Skids (full set)
Relentless Fabrication Sliders with 2 piece kick outs

Interior Modifications
Garmin GPS
Midland GMRS
Lighted Ashtray

Accessories
Basic trail stuff, nothing special yet

Future Plans
(not in order)
Wet Okole Seat Covers
ARB OBA
ARB lockers with possible re-gear
Pinch Weld Mod
Electronic Tailgate Lock Mod
Safari Snorkel
Relentless Fabrication Aluminum Bumpers
Winch
???

Trail Run Pics & Vids Links
Hunter Lake Trail 8/6/11 (stock)
Hunter Lake Trail 8/28/11 (Wife's first trip & she said we need to get a lift like Glenn)
Hunter Lake Trail 10/1/11 (Lift test run)
Pyramid City 1/1/12 (Outing with local 4x4 forum)
My Taco going for a swim (First test of 255/85/16 BFG KM2s)
Ludwig Mines 2/6/12
Ft Churchill & Pine Grove Mine 3/11/12
Cold Spring Trenches & Dog Valley 3/18/12 (First off road in mud & snow)
Nightingale Mine 5/20/12
Pine Grove Mines Snow Wheeling Picture Thread 12/29/12

Day one bought my Taco. You all know what a naked Taco looks like so no picture. Week two bought my shell.

At less than 1K I got my OEM fogs (thanks Howard{hstringe})
I wired them my way with no switch by wiring the switch leg of the relay to the running lights. I use them as daytime running lights. And we all know what OEM fogs look like. My Auto OEM Fog Light Mod

After first trail run I trimmed the mud flaps. 4" off front and 1" off rear. They scrape a lot less now.

At less than 2.5K I got my lift on. (thanks Josh {sierrahsky}) A full 3" front and rear.

Josh and I with some help from my wife did two suspension jobs in under 4 hours. Took the suspension off his Taco and put it on mine and returned his to TRD stock. Thanks again Josh for the help and the great deal. No spacers and no Taco lean!

Pre lift

Post lift
Great ride much better than stock. Feels fine at 85mph with stock UCAs (professional driver on closed course)

Donor and recipient Tacos post surgery, both are doing fine.

Taco still fits in the garage but antenna now hits on the way in or out. Anyone know of a good garage lift kit? Yes I searched.
Old 09-25-2011, 12:26 PM   #2
RockRescue is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
RockRescue's Tacoma Gallery
Truck looks good . What was the reason for takeing the lift off the donar truck ?
Old 09-25-2011, 01:04 PM   #3
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks. He returned it to stock because it wasn't selling modded.
Old 10-02-2011, 02:19 AM   #4
Longtime Toyman

Teaser pic of lift test run.

Lots more here. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sou...ml#post3806835

Video here. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tac...10-1-11-a.html
Old 10-25-2011, 02:06 AM   #5
Street glide or die
yotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
yotamikez's Tacoma Gallery
I like it. I like it allot. Very cool how you did the before and after pic of the jacks.... nifty.
Old 10-25-2011, 04:03 AM   #6
Longtime Toyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotamikez View Post
I like it. I like it allot. Very cool how you did the before and after pic of the jacks.... nifty.
Thanks. Still a lot of work and money to go but it's a good start.
Someone here used a step ladder by the fenders and I thought the jacks would be a better visual.
Old 11-13-2011, 10:51 AM   #7
YotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: FMC 25th BSB
Name: Brian
YotaMan2007's Tacoma Gallery
very nice four banger. Definately subb'ed to see whats next.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:07 PM   #8
Longtime Toyman

Thanks Brian,
Future plans are listed in first post in probable order. But there won't be much done to my Taco until at least spring.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:19 PM   #9
XxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr.Chow
XxTHe FioLOxX's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good man
Old 12-17-2011, 03:25 PM   #10
Longtime Toyman

Picked up a set of TRD Alloys for wheeling for $100 still need tires for them.
I'll use my stock Steelies & Dungflops for commuting.
Old 12-17-2011, 11:22 PM   #11
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet. CL (265/75s?). I'll bring your stands and creeper to you soon.
Old 12-17-2011, 11:26 PM   #12
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Wheelin4Banger View Post
Picked up a set of TRD Alloys for wheeling for $100 still need tires for them.
I'll use my stock Steelies & Dungflops for commuting.
nice. I scored some stuff from CL today too.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:42 AM   #13
Longtime Toyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
nice. I scored some stuff from CL today too.
This was a Reno4x4.com score. Not what I was thinking of getting but I couldn't pass up the deal.
Old 12-20-2011, 12:20 PM   #14
Longtime Toyman

Well I did the first of 2 or 3 of the nonfunctional mods I plan on doing.
1. The sticker mod

2. I will paint the pinch weld when I get my sliders.
3. I might paint the TRD wheels after I see what they look like after I clean them up.
Old 12-20-2011, 12:24 PM   #15
XxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr.Chow
XxTHe FioLOxX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Wheelin4Banger View Post
Well I did the first of 2 or 3 of the nonfunctional mods I plan on doing.
1. The sticker mod

2. I will paint the pinch weld when I get my sliders.
3. I might paint the TRD wheels after I see what they look like after I clean them up.
Nice post pics if you do paint the wheels
Old 12-21-2011, 11:02 AM   #16
Longtime Toyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxTHe FioLOxX View Post
Nice post pics if you do paint the wheels
Pics will be here if I do it.
Old 01-05-2012, 06:45 AM   #17
BadgerCO4x4 is on a distinguished road

Navy: Ex-pilot/PAO
Name: Mike
BadgerCO4x4's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd
Old 01-05-2012, 11:23 AM   #18
Longtime Toyman

Now that I got the extra wheels and don't need to worry about mpgs (will use stocks for commuting) I'm thinking about getting 255/85/16 BFG KM2s
Old 01-11-2012, 01:08 PM   #19
Longtime Toyman

Well I ordered some off road tires for my Taco's first birthday.
255/85/16 BF Goodrich Mud Terrain T/A KM2
Discount Tire Direct wanted $218 for them.
Tire Rack wanted $195 for them.
Just plain Discount Tire wanted $202 for them, but have a if you find them at a lower price let us know policy. I let them know & they offered them to me at $190.
I should get them this week or next.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:20 PM   #20
Yota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of light

Yota1's Tacoma Gallery
Really want to see those wheels mounted. I see them on CL all the time, but not sure on bs, and look.