Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

tacoman15's build

Old 10-05-2011, 11:12 AM   #1
Stop staring at me swan!
tacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tacoman15's Tacoma Gallery
tacoman15's build

I have done a few things to my truck so I decided to make a build thread. I don't have pics of the truck stock so they are all pics of things I have done. The truck was bone stock when I bought it.

How she sits as of 1/6/2012

All cleaned up.

Good shot of the new grill and headlights.

Relocated rear differential breather.

I went in to my local muffler shop just to have them dump my stock exhaust for clearance and the guy told me for maximum clearance I should get a new exhaust because the stock one hangs down below the frame so he recommended to get a Magnaflow exhaust and at $120 installed I couldn't resist. Had it dumped behind the axle like so:

As of 2/6/2012

Got my sliders installed in early January (thanks again Kevin!) and painted them later in the month

Outside Mods:
Spare Tire Mod
Debadged
Tool Box
Satoshi Grill w/ Devil Horns
Retrofit w/ 6000K HIDs, Blue CCFLs, and BHLM (thanks babyboi2284!)
Rear Differential Breather Mod

Suspension:
Bilstein 5100's on all four corners (thanks DSM!)
Eibach Springs (thanks Toytec!)
AAL (thanks again Toytec!)
1.25" Spidertrax Wheel Spacers (fronts only but plan on getting rears)
1/4" spacer on driver's side (to eliminate the "Taco Lean")

Interior:
LED Map and Dome Lights
WeatherTech Floor Mats

Socks:
285/75/16 BFG KM2

Trail Armor:
4xInnovation Sliders with the kick out (DOM tubing)

Well the mods have come to a screeching halt for a little while. I totaled my truck last month when a lady pulled out in front of me on the highway. Here are some pictures of the carnage.

And this is the car I hit. It was a late model Crown Vic. She pulled out in the median, then stopped, then kept going. She wasn't wearing her seat belt and the impact threw her into the passenger seat. Wear your seat belt people. You can see my bumper mount embedded into the side of her car.

I really wanted an FJ before I got my Tacoma, but it just wasn't the right time. I figured now was a good a time as ever to try and get into an FJ and I found the perfect one. Bone stock 2007 FJ Cruiser TRD Special Edition. All black outside (no white roof), all black inside, and it has the anthracite TRD wheels. Keep a look out for a build thread for her.

I have some things for sale from my truck. I will ship (including the iPod) but buyer pays shipping. PM me if you are interested.

Tool Box - $150
Bed Cleats - $40
WeatherTech Floor Mats - $150

Not truck related but I also have an iPod Nano that I barely used that I will sell for $100.
Old 10-05-2011, 04:07 PM   #3
matt1381 is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
matt1381's Tacoma Gallery
I would like to know about the rubbing too. I have the same size tires but want to go back to my stock wheels. I bought new wheels when i got the tires because I read they would rub with the stock wheels. Awesome truck!
Old 10-05-2011, 04:42 PM   #5
DevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to behold

Law Enforcement: Police officer in MD and Marine in B Co 4th LAR Bn
DevilDogTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
wheel spacers will prevent tire rubbing on the bigger tires? regardless of what kind of lift you have?
Old 10-05-2011, 04:44 PM   #6
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilDogTacoma View Post
wheel spacers will prevent tire rubbing on the bigger tires? regardless of what kind of lift you have?
They will up to a point. You can actually space the wheels out too far as well, which will lead to rubbing on the outside edge of the tire due to the increased turning arc.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:41 PM   #7
Stop staring at me swan!
tacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

i have 1.25" spidertrax wheel spacers in the front and I haven't noticed rubbing on the UCAs. The only time I have noticed rubbing is when i am reversing and have the wheel turned all the way. i am goin to fix that soon by cutting some plastic but the main reason i got the wheelspacers (not uca's) is cause i didn't want to get aftermarket rims
Old 10-11-2011, 12:47 PM   #9
Stop staring at me swan!

thanks! i have a grill that is already satoshied i just need to order some mesh from homertaco...i wanna put some lights behind it in the future like your set up. are you runnin hella 500's?
Old 10-20-2011, 07:11 PM   #10
Stop staring at me swan!

Old 10-20-2011, 08:19 PM   #11
Stop staring at me swan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalboy View Post
Nevermind duh lol
lol its all good
Old 12-07-2011, 01:15 PM   #12
07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AC3
Name: Josh
07NavyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
which eibachs did you get and what size AAL?
Old 12-07-2011, 01:25 PM   #13
07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nevermind...i was thinking of OME. brain fart.
Old 12-07-2011, 01:39 PM   #14
Stop staring at me swan!

its ok haha thanks for looking! i really need to update this/install some mods that i have sitting around. hopefully i can get them done over the break
Old 01-03-2012, 04:21 PM   #15
Stop staring at me swan!

just got off the phone with Kevin from ATO and my sliders are will be here in about a week! really excited and can't wait to do some more business with him. he is a great guy and knows what he is talking about. also i have installed my new headlights and they look awesome but i ended up breaking the lock ring on the drivers side so i am currently trying to fix that. i will post some pics up when i get everything fixed.
Old 01-06-2012, 05:58 PM   #16
Stop staring at me swan!

update bump
Old 01-06-2012, 07:49 PM   #17

looks good. specs on the headlights?

i'm ready to see your new sliders installed.
Old 01-06-2012, 08:11 PM   #19
Stop staring at me swan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07NavyTaco View Post
looks good. specs on the headlights?

i'm ready to see your new sliders installed.
i honestly can't tell you everything about the headlights because i am not 100% sure about them. i do know that they are G3 projectors though which i bought off of ebay along with the HID's. i bought all the parts and had them shipped to another member on here. i also had to buy new headlight housings because as you can see from the first few pics, they were ruined by the previous owners attempt at BHLM. so he put it all together, painted it up, and shipped it back to me. he did great work IMO

i am also ready to see my new sliders!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeFan76 View Post
That loooks real good!
thanks man! i was looking for signs of your rig while i was home for the past few weeks but i don't think i saw it
Old 01-06-2012, 08:13 PM   #20
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
your truck sucks dong

sub'd. glad i finally found your thread haha.