Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

memario1214's JAFR Build

Old 04-18-2013, 01:00 PM   #661
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
I saw that some instagram page posted a pic of your truck. I think it was called "jeeprecoveryteam" Pretty awesome
Haha I just looked it up yeah they did! I don't really know how to navigate the site that it is on though. It's getting a lot of buzz though which is cool
Old 04-18-2013, 10:13 PM   #662
"I'd Rather Live, Than Live Forever"
Moose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
Moose1988's Tacoma Gallery
not sure why i havent sub'd to this yet.. lol

just noticed you did the LED bar exactly how ive been wanting to do one..

hmmm...
Old 04-19-2013, 10:24 AM   #663
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose1988 View Post
not sure why i havent sub'd to this yet.. lol

just noticed you did the LED bar exactly how ive been wanting to do one..

hmmm...
Yeah me neither! lol

I am quite happy with my location of the light bar
Old 04-19-2013, 10:32 AM   #664
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
Old 04-19-2013, 11:14 AM   #665
Moose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Touche sir... touche
Old 04-19-2013, 04:41 PM   #669
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
doooooooooittttttttttttttttttttt
Old 04-19-2013, 07:48 PM   #670

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
doooooooooittttttttttttttttttttt
What this mofo said ^^
Old 04-21-2013, 10:10 PM   #671
Vivid Illumination

Jaysus... working today on getting my rear view camera and xm radio wired up. Worked on it like all afternoon and still not done. Pulled a stupid and popped the stereo fuse too. Couple hours worth of work tomorrow everything should be wired in and truck all back together, just in time to tear it apart when my new fuel pump gets here
Old 04-21-2013, 11:47 PM   #672
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
Jaysus... working today on getting my rear view camera and xm radio wired up. Worked on it like all afternoon and still not done. Pulled a stupid and popped the stereo fuse too. Couple hours worth of work tomorrow everything should be wired in and truck all back together, just in time to tear it apart when my new fuel pump gets here
What do U think about the "TRD" (probably and AFE really) air filter they throw in with the TRD blower?

Im rlly wondering if I should throw the AFE Stage 2Si with prodry S on the truck.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:08 AM   #673
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
What do U think about the "TRD" (probably and AFE really) air filter they throw in with the TRD blower?

Im rlly wondering if I should throw the AFE Stage 2Si with prodry S on the truck.
??? Did they through in the TRD air filter into the stock airbox or did they add another one?? Unclear reading what you wrote..
Old 04-22-2013, 07:58 AM   #674
Vivid Illumination

Quote:

The TRD filter that goes in is honestly probably no better than the stock filter aside from maybe a little more flow. I know that guys who go to a full CAI after boosting are seeing gains upwards of 20hp... which is awesome. I dunno how much money you've got lying around to dedicate to the truck right now, but I would recommend putting it towards a new fuel pump first. Hell, I'm installing mine before I even get boosted. All it takes is a moment of poor flow to lean out and detonate ya know? Do that and then wait. I have the TRD CAI and will let you know how my AFRs look next week.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:15 AM   #675

Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
The TRD filter that goes in is honestly probably no better than the stock filter aside from maybe a little more flow. I know that guys who go to a full CAI after boosting are seeing gains upwards of 20hp... which is awesome. I dunno how much money you've got lying around to dedicate to the truck right now, but I would recommend putting it towards a new fuel pump first. Hell, I'm installing mine before I even get boosted. All it takes is a moment of poor flow to lean out and detonate ya know? Do that and then wait. I have the TRD CAI and will let you know how my AFRs look next week.
Very smart, wise words man.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:26 AM   #676
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Colton what fuel pump are you getting?
Old 04-22-2013, 08:47 AM   #677
Vivid Illumination

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
Colton what fuel pump are you getting?
Walbro 255... I couldn't convince myself that I would ever be going E85 and this way the replacement parts are a little bit cheaper too. If I was planning on a 400+ hp build I probably would have opted for something closer to 300 lph but that's not the case here.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:51 AM   #678

255 is MORE then enough for most all applications. The stocker is only a 180 lph iirc.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:52 AM   #679

Speaking of which, I have a spare Walbro 255 in my storage unit if someone wants to buy it. haha just remembered that. It was never used and comes with all parts of the kit.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:12 AM   #680
Vivid Illumination

How much you want for it? If everything goes well with mine my dad wants one for my sister's pickup