Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Custom built (by me) rock sliders

Old 12-10-2008, 09:02 AM   #41
Beef Slut
vtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Willie
vtragweed's Tacoma Gallery
damn good looking, i thought i was doing good by getting mine done for 240
Old 12-11-2008, 11:08 AM   #42
BigToy is on a distinguished road
BigToy's Tacoma Gallery
Killer! Fully custom bars! They look great on your truck.
Old 12-11-2008, 01:03 PM   #43
FJ FTW!
southern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shed

southern_x's Tacoma Gallery
effin sweet so when are you taking orders!!!
Old 12-11-2008, 01:24 PM   #45
Pre08 will become famous soon enough
Pre08's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet! you can get $400 a piece for those!
Old 12-11-2008, 06:32 PM   #46
eyball is on a distinguished road

eyball's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah that looks awesome man! Great job!
Old 12-11-2008, 07:15 PM   #47
JJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt (Advisor Instructor 0311)
Name: Jay
JJ Customs's Tacoma Gallery
Nice job man! I think I am going to build an exo cage to keep from getting door dings! JK
Old 12-11-2008, 07:22 PM   #48
Wren has much to be proud ofWren has much to be proud ofWren has much to be proud ofWren has much to be proud ofWren has much to be proud ofWren has much to be proud ofWren has much to be proud ofWren has much to be proud ofWren has much to be proud ofWren has much to be proud of

Name: Josh
Wren's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice
Old 12-11-2008, 07:23 PM   #49
MyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
MyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, I 'm building damn near the same thing for my Access cab! I just bought the tubing Tuesday. Mine will be bolt on though...nice job!
Old 12-11-2008, 08:08 PM   #51
robo-ninja
edwinalink is a name known to alledwinalink is a name known to alledwinalink is a name known to alledwinalink is a name known to alledwinalink is a name known to alledwinalink is a name known to all

edwinalink's Tacoma Gallery
mmmmmm weld on, i've heard those words in the jeep world.

the words "weld on" translate to "totally fucked for resale" in our world.

what do they translate to for you?
Old 12-11-2008, 08:39 PM   #52
Bangers Runner
GotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
GotLift37's Tacoma Gallery
I love them. Would be GREAT if you could make them for the DC
Old 12-12-2008, 06:33 AM   #53
Rock Solid Toy
SilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordon
SilverSeven's Tacoma Gallery
lol you guys are all jumpin on these sliders like god just shit them out or something... They're pretty nice looking, but dont you want to see how they hold up to wheeling?

OP, are you going to gusset the legs on the frame?

Also, what tubing did you use and did the front bend turn out exactly how you planned? Did you think of maybe piercing the tubing for strength?? there are so many things you can do when making your own equipment, why mimic something else so closely?
Old 12-12-2008, 06:36 AM   #54
Rock Solid Toy
SilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDYTACOMA View Post

beeeeeer
Old 12-12-2008, 06:42 AM   #55
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwinalink View Post
mmmmmm weld on, i've heard those words in the jeep world.

the words "weld on" translate to "totally fucked for resale" in our world.

what do they translate to for you?
just because its welded doesnt make it permanent...a grinder and some spray paint and youre back to like new
Old 12-12-2008, 06:53 AM   #56
Wren has much to be proud ofWren has much to be proud ofWren has much to be proud ofWren has much to be proud ofWren has much to be proud ofWren has much to be proud ofWren has much to be proud ofWren has much to be proud ofWren has much to be proud ofWren has much to be proud of

Name: Josh
Wren's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSeven View Post
beeeeeer
Mounnnnnnnnnnnnntain Dewwwwwwwwwwwww, Shooooop Vaaac, and Black and White tiling, woot
Old 12-12-2008, 08:40 PM   #57
robo-ninja
edwinalink is a name known to alledwinalink is a name known to alledwinalink is a name known to alledwinalink is a name known to alledwinalink is a name known to alledwinalink is a name known to all

edwinalink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
just because its welded doesnt make it permanent...a grinder and some spray paint and youre back to like new
LOL. sweet. im for gusseting them to the frame to.
Old 12-12-2008, 09:24 PM   #58
HILOTOY
HILOTOY will become famous soon enoughHILOTOY will become famous soon enough

HILOTOY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDYTACOMA View Post
that was 80% of my motivation i wanted Rocker panel protection from door dings I cant wait to see the reaction on someone face when they fling the door open and BAM! they hit a steel bar and fucks there door edge up

love to see that.......thats why I want one too
Old 12-17-2008, 06:06 PM   #59
NOMAD
ANDYTACOMA is a jewel in the roughANDYTACOMA is a jewel in the roughANDYTACOMA is a jewel in the rough

ANDYTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
First of all i would like to say thanks to everyone for there kind responses. It great to be part of a community where people are willing to tell ya what they think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSeven View Post
lol you guys are all jumpin on these sliders like god just shit them out or something... They're pretty nice looking, but dont you want to see how they hold up to wheeling?

OP, are you going to gusset the legs on the frame?

Also, what tubing did you use and did the front bend turn out exactly how you planned? Did you think of maybe piercing the tubing for strength?? there are so many things you can do when making your own equipment, why mimic something else so closely?
thank you for your kind words. I will attempt to answer your questions the best i can.

"OP, are you going to gusset the legs on the frame?"
yes I will eventually

"Also, what tubing did you use and did the front bend turn out exactly how you planned? Did you think of maybe piercing the tubing for strength?? there are so many things you can do when making your own equipment, why mimic something else so closely?"

From my initial post: "MAde these this weekend i used 1.5" (.104) wall Hrew tube
Totasl cost was $92.55( raw material and paint) I did a majority of the labor(bending, coping saw etc.) with the help of a VERY skilled friend (welding), Rustolem paint, and raw material purchase. let me know what you guys think.These are welded on"

yes, the front bend turned out as i expected.

i don't understand why i would pierce any type of hole these for "strength"
could you please explain what you mean?
I made these using some very careful research and a PROVEN design.
I wouldn't say that i "mimicked" someone else's design but rather i took a good design made it better and adapted it for my application.

As for everyones else's inquiry, I will post some pics and measurements so you can ,if desired, fab a set of these for your truck. I know the measurements wont be a complete instruction "kit" but I hope it will give you a good starting point. I apologize for this taking me so long to respond but i have really busy with work,firefighting training and family etc. Thanks again
Old 12-18-2008, 08:17 AM   #60
Rock Solid Toy

a quick rendition of some out-of-the-box design for added strength