Fox 2.5 external res COs
Fox 2.0 external res rear shocks
All Pro leaf pack
KMC XD Series Hoss black
Goodyear Wrangler MTR Kevlar 285/70R17
Timbren Bumpstops with U-Bolt Flip Kit
pioneer AVIC-Z130BT

Day 1: <7 miles

A couple days later at the river bottom!

My Lift In-Progress
before:

Fox 2.5 external res C/O with Total Choas UCAs:

after:

rear = fox external res adjustable shocks:

Timbren Bumpstops with U-Bolt Flip Kit & all pro leaf pack:

KMC XD HOSS (Black) w/ Goodyear Wrangler MTR Kevlar:

Pioneer AVIC Z130BT:

I mounted the BT mic in the mirror trim:

And used the middle blank bottom of console for USB port:

how she sits today:

I did have to trim some plastic around the front of the tires do to some rubbing while in reverse and turning...That plastic will all be gone with the new bumper anyway

mods in the mail:
power slider for rear window
HID projector kit TW group buy Morimoto Stage III

coming soon:
Demello Offroad Front Bumper
4x Innovations sliders

Comments and suggestions welcome!
Old 10-07-2011, 04:18 PM   #2
scott8357 is on a distinguished road

scott8357's Tacoma Gallery
Reserved

reserved
Old 10-07-2011, 06:59 PM   #3
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Sick truck man! Looks great. How high do you have those coilovers cranked? Your build is similar to mine but just seems ALOT taller!

Also, those tires are loud as hell aren't they?
Old 10-07-2011, 07:26 PM   #5

Talking

Dude!! I was checking your truck out earlier today. The COs are cranked pretty far, I noticed you have the fox as well, I will measure and post back...but the pic was taken before the alignment and the shop cranked them pretty far to level it...and yes the tires are loud as hell lol thats why the new pioneer deck is on the way.
Old 10-07-2011, 07:28 PM   #6
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery
Good looking rig
Old 10-07-2011, 07:32 PM   #7
Roll Tide!
travis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
travis9287's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to travis9287
Nice looking truck man!
Old 10-07-2011, 07:50 PM   #8
Cube is on a distinguished road
Cube's Tacoma Gallery
Sick truck.
Old 10-08-2011, 11:03 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post
Sick truck man! Looks great. How high do you have those coilovers cranked? Your build is similar to mine but just seems ALOT taller!

Also, those tires are loud as hell aren't they?
I took another picture to show how far they are cranked, I could tell from looking at yours that mine are a bit further down.

Old 10-09-2011, 02:10 AM   #10
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brian's Tacoma Gallery
Holy crap dude, you've got half again the threads that I do on mine! Did you measure your height before lift? Check out your CV angles man, and from the pic you just posted, it looks like your misalignment spacer on your UCA's are almost already hitting max! You have damn almost no downtravel left! Oh and the pic up top, compared to the one you just posted of your coilovers are totally different in the amount of turns.
Old 10-09-2011, 07:58 AM   #11

Quote:
Holy crap dude, you've got half again the threads that I do on mine! Did you measure your height before lift? Check out your CV angles man, and from the pic you just posted, it looks like your misalignment spacer on your UCA's are almost already hitting max! You have damn almost no downtravel left! Oh and the pic up top, compared to the one you just posted of your coilovers are totally different in the amount of turns.
Yeah post #5 explains the difference in pics, I have been considering lowering the front a tad...at times I think I may be nose high depending on how its parked. Your post has me a little nervous now I think at a minimum I will do the diff drop. Thanks for the comments. In terms of ride, the front is relatively soft ...however, there rear is like a dump truck. I will be taking the truck to a local spring shop to see about having the all pro leaf pack re-arched or see what they suggest. how do you like your AAL? I still have my factory leafs. I noticed the ratpor uses a block lift on the rear, was considering going back to stock leafs and a block if all else fails.
Old 10-09-2011, 08:55 AM   #12

measurements

Ok, so from locking ring to top thread I have 2.25 inches of thread on the COs...also from the ground to the fender (centered on the wheel) is 40.25" on the front and 40" on the rear.
Old 10-09-2011, 09:34 AM   #13
Bah Humshit!

brian's Tacoma Gallery
Man your shit makes absolutely no sense to me! I have the Icon leaf pack, which from all the information I can gather is the same exact thing as the Allpro leaf pack, we're almost identical. You have your CO's cranked for the sky, rides soft as hell, and your rear rides hard. I am the exact opposite. My front is stiff as hell, obviously since I'm cranked up, but my rear just drags behind me. The leaves are soft, and mine are have very little arch to them, I think it might be due to lack of TSB. I'll go re-measure mine, but I believe from the ground I'm 39.5", I usually measure from hub.
Old 10-09-2011, 10:46 AM   #14

Quote:
Man your shit makes absolutely no sense to me! I have the Icon leaf pack, which from all the information I can gather is the same exact thing as the Allpro leaf pack, we're almost identical. You have your CO's cranked for the sky, rides soft as hell, and your rear rides hard. I am the exact opposite. My front is stiff as hell, obviously since I'm cranked up, but my rear just drags behind me. The leaves are soft, and mine are have very little arch to them, I think it might be due to lack of TSB. I'll go re-measure mine, but I believe from the ground I'm 39.5", I usually measure from hub.
I've never check the PSI on my reservoirs, but I have read in various places about the Fox CO's being received with huge differences in PSI. It seems PSI would directly effect the amount of dampening / ride quality, maybe something worth looking into. Before my truck was aligned, my CO's looked to be about the same level as yours now....I did not notice much if any difference in ride after the shop cranked them (of course with the rear being so hard thats all I really ever notice).
Old 10-09-2011, 01:23 PM   #15
Bah Humshit!

brian's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott8357 View Post
I've never check the PSI on my reservoirs, but I have read in various places about the Fox CO's being received with huge differences in PSI. It seems PSI would directly effect the amount of dampening / ride quality, maybe something worth looking into. Before my truck was aligned, my CO's looked to be about the same level as yours now....I did not notice much if any difference in ride after the shop cranked them (of course with the rear being so hard thats all I really ever notice).

You're saying your alignment shop cranked your coilovers? wtf? Why. I am sooo lost. Your valving might be a bit different in your rears, plus you might have a TSB leaf pack , which I honestly think is what I'm missing in the back.
Old 10-09-2011, 01:27 PM   #16
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Bad ass truck!
Old 10-09-2011, 02:25 PM   #17
Bah Humshit!

brian's Tacoma Gallery
Measure from the center of your hub to the bottom of the fender, straight up. I get 23.5" on the drivers side, which is my low side. I believe 20.5 was stock height. Measuring from ground incorporates the tires, which doesn't not accurately reflect lift. Also, 2.25" on thread on the coilover is not your lift amount either. The amount of thread you crank down effectively doubles your lift. So for every inch of lift, you're going to crank a half inch on the coilovers.
Old 10-09-2011, 04:16 PM   #18
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck. Tint the windows and it'll really complete the look.
Old 10-09-2011, 09:33 PM   #19

Quote:
Measure from the center of your hub to the bottom of the fender, straight up. I get 23.5" on the drivers side, which is my low side. I believe 20.5 was stock height. Measuring from ground incorporates the tires, which doesn't not accurately reflect lift. Also, 2.25" on thread on the coilover is not your lift amount either. The amount of thread you crank down effectively doubles your lift. So for every inch of lift, you're going to crank a half inch on the coilovers.
. I think my lift is at about 4" so I agree it is NOT a 2.25 lift. I will post back with measurement from center hub.
Old 10-09-2011, 09:34 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew H View Post
Nice truck. Tint the windows and it'll really complete the look.
will do! thanks for the comment.