LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

GTABurnouts Radiant Red CCSB TRD OR

Old 02-04-2012, 04:44 PM   #21
GTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GTABurnout's Tacoma Gallery
Been a while so I decided to just do some thing I have been wanting to do. Ammo Can install. Will be nice to get some of the straps out of the truck and in to the ammo cans.

Typical 50 Cal ammo can $12 from the local surplus.

Marking where I want the holes to be for mounting to the bed rail.

Two holes drilled

And one on the end. This can mounts at the front of the bed so I had it mount to both the side rail and the front rail for better support and less movement on bumpy roads...

I found these bolts at ACE, I should have waited and ordered some of the T Nuts that are list in other threads but I got antsy. These are 1/2" lag bolts. They fit in the bed rail a little tight but a quick sand and they fit right in.

Auto focus failed me here but you get the idea.

I jumped ahead since I had one already mounted. Steps left out where the enlarging the hole on the clamp so it will fit a I bolt thru for locking. And painting with bed liner.

Better look at the Locking set up.

When open it rests on the window frame not the painted truck surface

Here you can see the length of the bolts I choose where a little long and they are a little obtrusive. I plan to get some shorter ones later. But for now this set up is stout. Having the can mounted in two planes really makes it solid. I am not afraid of this getting loose or moving too much.

I can take more pics if people want.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:01 AM   #23
GTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Last Sunday, the girl , the two dogs and I took a trip from Tucson to montezuma canyon road. We headed to parker canyon lake and picked up the dirt road there. I had no clue the amount of high speed dirt roads in this area. I need to go back and get some video and moving pics. The truck did great aird down to 25psi on OME suspension I was crusing around 50-60 with no problem.

http://www.2coollizards.com/coronado...zuma_pass.html

Pics from the day.

Old 02-27-2012, 08:04 AM   #24

Old 02-27-2012, 08:06 AM   #25

The view from the shelf road....

The Tacoma after 30+ miles of dirt road.....

Old 02-27-2012, 08:08 AM   #26

Border Patrol keeping an eye out.....
Old 03-19-2012, 08:17 AM   #27

More pics...

and a video from some fire road bombing. Time for some coilover suspension...

Old 03-19-2012, 08:18 AM   #28

Old 03-19-2012, 08:22 AM   #29

Video

http://vimeo.com/38752805
Old 05-29-2012, 11:25 AM   #30

Sedona AZ.

Old 06-09-2012, 01:41 PM   #31

Made a larger ammo Can mount for the passengers side of the truck. Also did the trailer plug tuck.

Larger 50mm can

About 11"X7"X8.5". Fits my compressor and some tie downs.
Old 06-09-2012, 01:43 PM   #32

The trailer plug tuck was a simple one I saw many time on the board. I tucked mine a little higher up....

Old 06-09-2012, 01:45 PM   #33

And was able to grab a set of relentless sliders for cheap.

so started painting them I hope to get them welded up next week.

I will also be taking a trip to Kansas in July and coming back thru Moab so I will be looking for advice on trails for a stockish, solo truck.
Old 06-11-2012, 10:51 AM   #34

After searching for some time I finally found some Rad Red in a spray can so I can paint my grill.

so this weekend I pulled off the plastic dip. and painted it red. Pics soon
Old 06-11-2012, 10:59 AM   #35
ɔoɯq
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
great build!
you sir, have some AWESOME camera skills!
Old 06-11-2012, 06:47 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOC View Post
great build!
you sir, have some AWESOME camera skills!
Thanks man, I hope to get out to the desert with you guys soon and get some cool pics of the more built AZ trucks. If you guys ever do a run down here I will be there.

Old 06-16-2012, 07:25 PM   #37

Welded on the sliders today. Now a little background info. I bought these sliders for a great deal from a local guy who ordered these from Relentless. I did not buy them from Relentless and I had no conversation or contact with relentless about these sliders. All I did was score them for a good deal because they appeared to be warped and installed them. And Warped they where.

Wow, what a mess. These did not fit at all with out lots of work. We decided to weld them on since they looked like they where going to need some serious work glad we did because spacers would not have been my first choice if we bolted them.

So the middle two attachment feet on each side did not touch the frame. in fact in the unrestrained condition they where over .500" away. Once clamped they where with in .200" so we bought some 1/4 plate to make spacers.

Mock up...

These where clearly twisted. Or the jig was bad. When one mount was lined up the others where off by a lot. see the bottom of this mount is at least a inch off when the back is lined up.

C-Clamps and a BFH was used to make the plates all fit close enough to be welded.

All and all I would have been pissed if I paid full price for these things, but since I got them from the original buyer for far less I am happy. I am not 100% sure these are Relentless but they look like them and the OP told me they where. So if this is an example of there work I am in shock. I wanted to get a plate bumper from one of the smaller fab houses but if this is the work they do I will just get an ARB.

And the mandatory lifting the truck from the slider pics...

Old 06-20-2012, 01:20 PM   #38
Halo913 is on a distinguished road
Name: Adrian
Halo913's Tacoma Gallery
They're definately Relentless sliders, heres my name in red meaning i paid in full and recieved them. I was most def pissed but oh well. Glad they ended up working for you. The Taco is looking really good!

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/rel...group-buy.html
Old 06-20-2012, 04:16 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halo913 View Post
They're definately Relentless sliders, heres my name in red meaning i paid in full and recieved them. I was most def pissed but oh well. Glad they ended up working for you. The Taco is looking really good!

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/rel...group-buy.html

Like I said for the price I am very happy, I do feel bad you got screwed. Let me now if you ever want to hit up some trails. We like to get out and explore a little when the tempature is not in the 100's.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:42 AM   #40
Halo913 is on a distinguished road
Name: Adrian
Halo913's Tacoma Gallery
I will definitely hit you up as soon as it cools down!