Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

GTABurnouts Radiant Red CCSB TRD OR

Old 02-09-2013, 09:05 AM   #81
Chepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Chepo's Tacoma Gallery
Hey you have a nice looking truck in here!!! Congratz!!
Old 03-02-2013, 10:56 AM   #82
GTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GTABurnout's Tacoma Gallery
So OKLED had a picture contest. I got luckly and won a set of there 4" LED Lights.

I had no clue where to put them since the new goal of the truck was to avoid any major visual changes unless a full on bumper was decided on.

So stealth was the name of the game.

I had just put on a 2011 grill about a month ago and with the more open design the ideas started coming.

Some scrap metal and some time I came up with a kinda cool mount shooting out the grilll...

Old 03-02-2013, 10:56 AM   #83
GTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shed

No drilling using stock holes and fasteners.

Old 03-03-2013, 11:19 AM   #84
2013baja is a jewel in the rough2013baja is a jewel in the rough2013baja is a jewel in the rough

Name: Markus
2013baja's Tacoma Gallery
Man, I love this truck. You're handy has hell. Well done, sir!

How does the rear bumper look up close? (I'm sure it looks great, just surprised that that would work.)
Old 03-03-2013, 11:20 AM   #85
veet skeet is a jewel in the roughveet skeet is a jewel in the roughveet skeet is a jewel in the roughveet skeet is a jewel in the rough

veet skeet's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice build going on here! I love those tires, almost went with them...
Old 03-03-2013, 10:18 PM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013baja View Post
Man, I love this truck. You're handy has hell. Well done, sir!

How does the rear bumper look up close? (I'm sure it looks great, just surprised that that would work.)
Bumper looks good up close. The nice thing is with the bed liner you don't need to have a perfect finish since the paint has a textured finish. It does get knicked up after some good dirt miles but I just mask off the truck and respray it just like I respray the sliders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by veet skeet View Post
Very nice build going on here! I love those tires, almost went with them...
Thanks, I love the look of the MTR's. They are definitely the largest 285's I have ever seen. I have some rubbing issues with them at full bump.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:33 AM   #87
tweeter1148 has much to be proud oftweeter1148 has much to be proud oftweeter1148 has much to be proud oftweeter1148 has much to be proud oftweeter1148 has much to be proud oftweeter1148 has much to be proud oftweeter1148 has much to be proud oftweeter1148 has much to be proud oftweeter1148 has much to be proud oftweeter1148 has much to be proud of

Air Force:
Name: Brandon
tweeter1148's Tacoma Gallery
Is there a reason you are running wheels spacers? Are you doing it for the look or because of rubbing issues?
Old 03-26-2013, 01:54 PM   #88
huli467 is on a distinguished road

huli467's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice build. I feel encouraged to try that light bar install in the near future.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:53 PM   #89
05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luis
05Aztacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Hunter, are you going to order a tire carrier from Avid?
Old 04-16-2013, 04:41 PM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeter1148 View Post
Is there a reason you are running wheels spacers? Are you doing it for the look or because of rubbing issues?
I am not running wheel spacers. For some reason people keep asking me this and I can not for the life of me figure out why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huli467 View Post
Very nice build. I feel encouraged to try that light bar install in the near future.
Thanks the light bar install was easy. I love it its clean and protected. I do plan to jup to a 30" in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05Aztacoma View Post
Hey Hunter, are you going to order a tire carrier from Avid?
Up in the air right now. I wanted a tiore carrier since I can not get my spare to fit underneath. But now that Mike is doing some fab work I may go with his stuff.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:36 PM   #91
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
Truck looks good. Were you at the dirty heads show a couple weeks ago?
Old 04-16-2013, 10:02 PM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew H View Post
Truck looks good. Were you at the dirty heads show a couple weeks ago?
I don't think so but where was it maybe I was close for some reason....
Old 04-18-2013, 06:29 AM   #93
jimbo808 is on a distinguished road

jimbo808's Tacoma Gallery
I love the wheel/tire combo, how are the tires wearing?
Old 04-18-2013, 07:33 AM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo808 View Post
I love the wheel/tire combo, how are the tires wearing?
Suprisingly well. I heard people get 30-40K out of these and I believe it. best part is off road they have yet to chunk or have any issues.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:07 PM   #95
jimbo808 is on a distinguished road

jimbo808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTABurnout View Post
Suprisingly well. I heard people get 30-40K out of these and I believe it. best part is off road they have yet to chunk or have any issues.
you got a chance to test them out in soft sand?
Old 04-19-2013, 07:01 AM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo808 View Post
you got a chance to test them out in soft sand?
Not deep sand but they air down nice and have huge lugs so I would suspect they should be decent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krob32 View Post
Nice truck. You did a great job with the pics and story from beginning. LED bar write up is really good.
Thanks.
Old 04-20-2013, 08:25 PM   #98
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Hmmm.... you seem to be missing the skewp

Looks good man! Rad Red FTMFW
Old 04-20-2013, 11:32 PM   #99
Gus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
Gus 524's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post

No skewp FTW IMO

Nice looking truck absoulty like the color.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:45 AM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post

I would take a skewp if it was free but I am not going to look for one. Kinda like the simple off road hood.

Love the red, it was the main reason I kept the truck and didn't trade it in on a new 11' back when I first got it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus 524 View Post
No skewp FTW IMO

Nice looking truck absoulty like the color.
Thanks