Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

mods voiding warranty?

Old 10-13-2011, 01:43 AM   #1
JRSYJAY has a brilliant futureJRSYJAY has a brilliant futureJRSYJAY has a brilliant futureJRSYJAY has a brilliant futureJRSYJAY has a brilliant futureJRSYJAY has a brilliant futureJRSYJAY has a brilliant futureJRSYJAY has a brilliant futureJRSYJAY has a brilliant futureJRSYJAY has a brilliant futureJRSYJAY has a brilliant future

Name: u need to ask?
JRSYJAY's Tacoma Gallery
mods voiding warranty?

anyone have any probs with suspension pods voiding warranty???

i just got a brand new truck and paid good $$ for the extended warranty?

any stories good or horror would help me make my decision.
Old 10-13-2011, 01:54 AM   #2
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
I did get shit from a dealer about a vibration issue I had ( there was a TSB they nor I knew about) and they would only blame my lift even though I was reported present before the lift (they did not write it down the first time I came in about it, which was before the lift), but here in colorado I have not had any problems with the dealer and lift. It all depends on the dealer and the mods you do, I keep mine mild and don't have any problems with the dealer about warranty work.
Old 10-13-2011, 02:15 AM   #3
Avid Off Road
brandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brandonaz's Tacoma Gallery
I was a tech for Toyota for many years and from what I saw... mods would only affect the warranty if the failed part could have been caused by the aftermarket mod. For example.. they won't decline a water pump because of a lift kit. But they might decline a ball joint because of a lift kit. It also depends a lot on the dealership you go to and the service manager you deal with.
Old 10-13-2011, 02:35 AM   #4
JRSYJAY has a brilliant futureJRSYJAY has a brilliant futureJRSYJAY has a brilliant futureJRSYJAY has a brilliant futureJRSYJAY has a brilliant futureJRSYJAY has a brilliant futureJRSYJAY has a brilliant futureJRSYJAY has a brilliant futureJRSYJAY has a brilliant futureJRSYJAY has a brilliant futureJRSYJAY has a brilliant future

Name: u need to ask?
JRSYJAY's Tacoma Gallery
thats such crap.. u gotta hope to find the right service guy.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:01 AM   #5
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRSYJAY View Post
thats such crap.. u gotta hope to find the right service guy.
It's the risk you take by lifting a truck that's still under warranty... Google Magnuson Moss Act, the dealership can't deny warranty coverage due to aftermarket accessories unless they can prove the aftermarket part caused the failure. So legally they can't deny coverage, but you still may have a bit of a fight on your hands if your carrier bearing gives out and you've got a lift kit installed.