Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

RJALLDAY702's LT Build

Old 05-14-2013, 02:22 PM   #2241
GFO DMC LBR
dirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: adam
dirty dangler's Tacoma Gallery
i was having the same issues as you describe and i couldnt find the problem for the longest time. Apparently the size of the women i was hauling around was the issue....got me a skinny girlfriend and the issue went away....hope that helps
Old 05-14-2013, 02:24 PM   #2242
U MAD? OH U MAD
RJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: RJ
RJALLDAY702's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty dangler View Post
i was having the same issues as you describe and i couldnt find the problem for the longest time. Apparently the size of the women i was hauling around was the issue....got me a skinny girlfriend and the issue went away....hope that helps
No... The fat chicks stay. My truck rides so smooth when they're in the back seat.
Old 05-14-2013, 02:30 PM   #2243
GFO DMC LBR
dirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: adam
dirty dangler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJALLDAY702 View Post
No... The fat chicks stay. My truck rides so smooth when they're in the back seat.
....ya it was kinda a pain to have to completely revalve my truck for the skinny girl mod
Old 05-14-2013, 05:21 PM   #2244
I am the one who knocks
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
This threads rocks
Old 05-14-2013, 07:48 PM   #2245
INSTAGRAM: sytfu510
sytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Infantry
Name: Alex
sytfu510's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Just left YotaMasters, everything is 100%.. Oil is changed out and gears are broken in properly!

Ah I see, I'm glad it's a simple fix! YotaMasters finished it in like 30 mins!
What did you end up re gearing to? Was it spraying everywhere under your truck?
Yeah I ended up going 4.56 ( although I kinda wish I went 4.88 ) mine wasn't spraying so bad, but was dripping oil as my diff skid was catching a lot of it.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:07 PM   #2246
U MAD? OH U MAD
RJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sytfu510 View Post
Yeah I ended up going 4.56 ( although I kinda wish I went 4.88 ) mine wasn't spraying so bad, but was dripping oil as my diff skid was catching a lot of it.
Ah I see. I was leaned more towards the the 4.88.. But i'm glad I didnt because Eric at YotaMasters showed me the size difference of the gears and the solid pinion spacer. Much much beefier!
Old 05-14-2013, 08:09 PM   #2247
I am the one who knocks
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I run 4:88 and ive had good luck thus far. just don't be a jackass basically....
Old 05-14-2013, 08:10 PM   #2248
U MAD? OH U MAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
I run 4:88 and ive had good luck thus far. just don't be a jackass basically....
I was a little confused on how ive seen RcFreak shred the gnarly brap brap doughnuts and not have any gearing issues.. Then Eric showed me the difference between the Limited Slip gearing and the e-locker gearing.

How's your MPG's?
Old 05-14-2013, 08:12 PM   #2249
I am the one who knocks

better that 3:73! Ive heard the elocker gearing is pretty weak. glad I don't have one.
Old 05-14-2013, 10:46 PM   #2250
it's about the off-road miles
tacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blang
tacokid09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I was a little confused on how ive seen RcFreak shred the gnarly brap brap doughnuts and not have any gearing issues.. Then Eric showed me the difference between the Limited Slip gearing and the e-locker gearing.

How's your MPG's?
taller gearing will make gnarly brap brap doughnuts easier im pretty sure.

and you guys are worried about 4.88s being weak?

ill be getting 5.29s
Old 05-15-2013, 09:34 PM   #2251
Stay Calm, and Fire For Effect
YOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Training NCO, B Btry, 3-197th FA
Name: Chris
YOTA LOVER's Tacoma Gallery
Sick build! The only sand I've ever played in was in a POS Humvee, they DO NOT soak up the bumps like that at any speed, and they get washy as hell over 40 mph.

The picture of you in the air with that "whoa shit" look on your face is priceless!!!
Old 05-15-2013, 09:47 PM   #2252
I am the one who knocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacokid09 View Post
taller gearing will make gnarly brap brap doughnuts easier im pretty sure.

and you guys are worried about 4.88s being weak?

ill be getting 5.29s
Taller...wouldn't that make them harder?! Lower gears=more torque!
Old 05-15-2013, 10:23 PM   #2253
U MAD? OH U MAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOTA LOVER View Post
Sick build! The only sand I've ever played in was in a POS Humvee, they DO NOT soak up the bumps like that at any speed, and they get washy as hell over 40 mph.

The picture of you in the air with that "whoa shit" look on your face is priceless!!!
Wait, like a gen 1 Humvee? Those things look like they would eat it up!!

Buaha, thanks man. I call that the "awee yea" face!

And yup, Jamie nailed it on the head I think.
Old 05-15-2013, 10:34 PM   #2254
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
DTFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I see them all the time they look like they ride terrible
Old 05-15-2013, 11:13 PM   #2255
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Those things are as stiff as a semi
Old 05-15-2013, 11:17 PM   #2256
I am the one who knocks

In that case you can call me peterbilt.
Old 05-15-2013, 11:27 PM   #2257
#texasforever
hudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hudson
hudhawk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
Those things are as stiff as a semi
Most semis aren't that rough when you're in the cab
Old 05-16-2013, 01:11 AM   #2258
U MAD? OH U MAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by hudhawk View Post
Most semis aren't that rough when you're in the cab
I'm sure all the airbags help out a lot. They are pretty smooth in the cab.

But damn, a center-mount Humvee would be pretty cool.
Old 05-16-2013, 01:22 AM   #2259
#texasforever
hudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hudson
hudhawk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm sure all the airbags help out a lot. They are pretty smooth in the cab.
Air bags make all the difference in the world
Old 05-16-2013, 07:42 AM   #2260
Stay Calm, and Fire For Effect
YOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Training NCO, B Btry, 3-197th FA
Name: Chris
YOTA LOVER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Buaha, thanks man. I call that the "awee yea" face!

And yup, Jamie nailed it on the head I think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTFtacoma View Post
I see them all the time they look like they ride terrible
Gov't Humvees handle like ass. I'm pretty sure with a set of progressive springs and some nasty shocks would help. The civilian Gen 1 probably has a slew of aftermarket options that increase the ride and performance, but Uncle Sam doesn't pay much mind to those details.